Bloodsail Admiral Chickensoup23's Avatar

[Music] Share a band from your hometown!

Hey guys, I thought it would be cool to share some music of bands/artists where you come from. Reading these forums I noticed that the MMO-C population is internationally widespread, which could make this very interesting. They can be popular, local, it doesn't matter -- any genre is welcome. It can be Nicki Minaj or even The Beatles. Simply state perhaps where you come from (in the world), and a link to some music from the band!

From Toronto, Canada - here's Down With Webster. If you're from here, you most likely have heard of them.

Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2013-01-06 at 02:33 AM.

Field Marshal
    There's really only 2 good bands I know of from Syracuse, NY. Ra Ra Riot, an Indy band, and Supergush, a Rock band.

Not exactly my hometown. but they are from my country (denmark)
    - Good old D-A-D!

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    Not exactly my hometown. but they are from my country (denmark)
    - Good old D-A-D!
    Might want to use this link instead, as that one won't work for people outside of Denmark (I even tried with a UK proxy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXIR2AH9zng

Arctic Monkeys

from the UK :>

We have some local bands here that are somewhat big but I don't care for them.

James Brown lived close though, I even saw him once or twice just around town. My grandmother said she remembered when he used to shine shoes and dance downtown when he was a kid.

I don't need to post a video Im sure about anyone knows who James Brown is.

Stars of Boulevard. I went to elementary/middle/high school with the drummer.

Mechagnome
    Szeged - Hungary

Uldreth <Group Therapy> - Ravencrest EU
    World 141th in 25 man category, 2 days/week, recruiting exceptional players for MoP.

Whisky Jax from the city I live just outside of.

Coimbra, Portugal

Something lighter. A band that seems to be on the rise, with various talented musicians

Something heavier. No one knows them much around here, but they got a shining period, where they went and made a digression on the USA. They once played naked on a gig, with nothing but dead chickens covering their intimate bits

“…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

Powderfinger is from my hometown of Brisbane in Australia... (as are the hungry kids of hungry and ball park music)