Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    So are the lvl 409 items gonna get axed or what? FFS, just because of some jeallous whiners all the fun is being drained from the game nowadays, this takes the piss!

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    So are the lvl 409 items gonna get axed or what? FFS, just because of some jeallous whiners all the fun is being drained from the game nowadays, this takes the piss!
    Well if the blue gear is taken away, they lose atleast one subscriber. I wasted alot money on nothing then.

Deleted
    409 items actually have little to do with this shit. It's a bug where veng would calculate your damage as unmitigated, even tho you're mitigating 99% of it. This allows both invincibility and absurd amounts of AP.

Other classes are pretty strong with these items but nothing out of hand. They managed to progress through heroic DS which was real challenge for lv80 characters. Soloing LK25 HC isn't anything special either, the mount drop rate is absymal anyway. Think of something like Kaelthas, every nub and their mother can now solo this boss at 90.

Old content is old content - fucks given: 0. They could've fixed that without impacting max-level raiding though, like tanking Windlord or Empress adds. All thats needed is exclusion of MOP raids of 5.1 "no raid group and lvl req" feature. This pala soloing LK or Nef or Raggy HC - no one cares. Soloing Elegon - well, he killed a boss which was cockblock for HALF of raiding guilds...SOLO.

Deleted
    LOL @ Ppl still blaming Cata/MoP high-ilvl/low-req BoEs for those "pro solo kills"

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    LOL @ Ppl still blaming Cata/MoP high-ilvl/low-req BoEs for those "pro solo kills"
    Well i blame the BoEs for my solokill on lk25hc anyway :P only hard thing was to hit the "W" button when shadowtraps spawned.

Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Well if the blue gear is taken away, they lose atleast one subscriber. I wasted alot money on nothing then.
    They probably won't straight-out delete them, just make them require level 85 (like they should have been).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    They probably won't straight-out delete them, just make them require level 85 (like they should have been).
    No they shouldn't.

Deleted
    the only problem with the 409 gear atm is that DKs and and maybe paladins can get 121%+ avoidance, lower parry from str and its fixed. could change this for 80 only, so it would not affect level 90 at all. But i agree with alot of ppl here, fixing the vengenace bug instead would be great.

I'd hate to see hard level caps for raids again, as level 80s vs 85 content is fun. Could just reinforce a cap vs 90 raids i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    the only problem with the 409 gear atm is that DKs and and maybe paladins can get 121%+ avoidance, lower parry from str and its fixed. could change this for 80 only, so it would not affect level 90 at all. But i agree with alot of ppl here, fixing the vengenace bug instead would be great.

I'd hate to see hard level caps for raids again, as level 80s vs 85 content is fun. Could just reinforce a cap vs 90 raids i guess.
    80s vs 85 content would become impossible though if those 409 items were to be taken away from 80s.

I don't think this should be treated as an exploit generally. The only weird thing is the level requirement for the recent raids. Why does anyone bother, if there's a level 80 soloing 80 or 85 content? It's outdated and it doesn't hurt anyone if those soloing guys clear these instances. It's another challenge on the other hand, so it's a special (most of the time rare) task. It's only a problem, if they clear any level 90 raid.

I personally like to watch these soloing videos, but I also know how much effort they put into it to achieve their goal. And this is why I respect their success and don't want to take that away from them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No they shouldn't.
    Why not? Let's see, the ilevel 409 level 80 MoP items do the following:
    - Imbalance PvP in the level 80 bracket incredibly
    - make gear from ICC and Ruby Sanctum obsolete at level 80
    - allows level 80s to solo bosses like LK-25, Yogg+0, and even Baleroc 25 HC

You are probably going to say that "this is low level stuff, who cares," (and I agree to some extent) but Blizzard shouldn't imbalance any aspect of the game on purpose, like they clearly did here.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    You're definitely a strange subscriber, as you'd quite over these items? lol
    At least you would be able to use those items at 85.

Anyways, they aren't too expensive. On Emerald Dream US, for instance, they costed ~1k gold per piece last time I checked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    they costed ~1k gold per piece last time I checked.
    5-20k each item on my server

i noticed the 80 hasnt tried feng garjal or the spirit kings..or the will of the emp.. i guess the fight is considered impossible lol or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i noticed the 80 hasnt tried feng garjal or the spirit kings..or the will of the emp.. i guess the fight is considered impossible lol or something.
    there is a vid when hes doing feng, died @ 18%

Heh this happened sooner than I thought. Funny that instead of fixing the actual cause, they just go and cap vengeance at your max HP. So you can still bug it, but the most you'd get is 100k which isn't nearly enough to solo anything beyond ICC10 or something like that.
    Last edited by d07RiV; 2013-01-09 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d07RiV View Post
    Heh this happened sooner than I thought. Funny that instead of fixing the actual cause, they just go and cap vengeance at your max HP. So you can still bug it, but the most you'd get is 100k which isn't nearly enough to solo anything beyond ICC10 or something like that.
    Temporary fix is temporary.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this adds a lot of fun to twinking

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.