Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    No, if you inferred that from what he said, I'd rethink what you call logic.
    he said
    it's an exploit because normal gameplay doesn't expose it
    Soloing a raid boss is not normal gameplay or every class would be able to do it therefor by his logic soloing raid boss's is a exploit.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by dota2please View Post
    by that logic soloing raids is a exploit because you should have to group to do raids.
    until recently you couldn't get into raids solo, so not really. the mechanic worked like it was intended to work. you would not walk in teh door without a raid group

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 02:06 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dota2please View Post
    he said
    Soloing a raid boss is not normal gameplay or every class would be able to do it therefor by his logic soloing raid boss's is a exploit.
    that's not my logic. that's just logic. that's common sense. you sound like you disagree but you've yet to say jack shit to disagree. man up, grow a pair, pick your side and debate

    your pointless yapping isn't doing anything

  3. #343
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    282
    As always, if you want shit fixed, expose it. Same with all the things reported in MoP beta that was still ready and avilable during 5.0 progress

    Just look at the whole hex crash exploits in planetside 2.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    that's not my logic. that's just logic. that's common sense. you sound like you disagree but you've yet to say jack shit to disagree. man up, grow a pair, pick your side and debate

    your pointless yapping isn't doing anything
    And now its clear that you only have readed this page and the title cause I have stated many times in this thread what I though about all of this.

    Didn't know "Growing a pare"= posting a message on the internet that must be new.

    Also posting anything on this site dose nothing since blizzard dose not read MMOC

  5. #345
    Bloodsail Admiral Splosion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The armory
    Posts
    1,096
    Quote Originally Posted by dota2please View Post
    he said
    Soloing a raid boss is not normal gameplay or every class would be able to do it therefor by his logic soloing raid boss's is a exploit.
    No, you do play normally when you solo raid content. That isn't what is being talked about at all. I don't want to quote myself.

  6. #346
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    So are the lvl 409 items gonna get axed or what? FFS, just because of some jeallous whiners all the fun is being drained from the game nowadays, this takes the piss!

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    So are the lvl 409 items gonna get axed or what? FFS, just because of some jeallous whiners all the fun is being drained from the game nowadays, this takes the piss!
    Well if the blue gear is taken away, they lose atleast one subscriber. I wasted alot money on nothing then.

  8. #348
    409 items actually have little to do with this shit. It's a bug where veng would calculate your damage as unmitigated, even tho you're mitigating 99% of it. This allows both invincibility and absurd amounts of AP.

    Other classes are pretty strong with these items but nothing out of hand. They managed to progress through heroic DS which was real challenge for lv80 characters. Soloing LK25 HC isn't anything special either, the mount drop rate is absymal anyway. Think of something like Kaelthas, every nub and their mother can now solo this boss at 90.

    Old content is old content - fucks given: 0. They could've fixed that without impacting max-level raiding though, like tanking Windlord or Empress adds. All thats needed is exclusion of MOP raids of 5.1 "no raid group and lvl req" feature. This pala soloing LK or Nef or Raggy HC - no one cares. Soloing Elegon - well, he killed a boss which was cockblock for HALF of raiding guilds...SOLO.

  9. #349
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Somewhere, Europe
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    So are the lvl 409 items gonna get axed or what? FFS, just because of some jeallous whiners all the fun is being drained from the game nowadays, this takes the piss!
    LOL @ Ppl still blaming Cata/MoP high-ilvl/low-req BoEs for those "pro solo kills"

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    LOL @ Ppl still blaming Cata/MoP high-ilvl/low-req BoEs for those "pro solo kills"
    Well i blame the BoEs for my solokill on lk25hc anyway :P only hard thing was to hit the "W" button when shadowtraps spawned.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Well if the blue gear is taken away, they lose atleast one subscriber. I wasted alot money on nothing then.
    They probably won't straight-out delete them, just make them require level 85 (like they should have been).
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  12. #352
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    They probably won't straight-out delete them, just make them require level 85 (like they should have been).
    No they shouldn't.

  13. #353
    the only problem with the 409 gear atm is that DKs and and maybe paladins can get 121%+ avoidance, lower parry from str and its fixed. could change this for 80 only, so it would not affect level 90 at all. But i agree with alot of ppl here, fixing the vengenace bug instead would be great.

    I'd hate to see hard level caps for raids again, as level 80s vs 85 content is fun. Could just reinforce a cap vs 90 raids i guess.
    - Thanks Axalicious for this awesome sig.

  14. #354
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    the only problem with the 409 gear atm is that DKs and and maybe paladins can get 121%+ avoidance, lower parry from str and its fixed. could change this for 80 only, so it would not affect level 90 at all. But i agree with alot of ppl here, fixing the vengenace bug instead would be great.

    I'd hate to see hard level caps for raids again, as level 80s vs 85 content is fun. Could just reinforce a cap vs 90 raids i guess.
    80s vs 85 content would become impossible though if those 409 items were to be taken away from 80s.

  15. #355
    I don't think this should be treated as an exploit generally. The only weird thing is the level requirement for the recent raids. Why does anyone bother, if there's a level 80 soloing 80 or 85 content? It's outdated and it doesn't hurt anyone if those soloing guys clear these instances. It's another challenge on the other hand, so it's a special (most of the time rare) task. It's only a problem, if they clear any level 90 raid.

    I personally like to watch these soloing videos, but I also know how much effort they put into it to achieve their goal. And this is why I respect their success and don't want to take that away from them.

  16. #356
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Look behind you, and into the distance
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No they shouldn't.
    Why not? Let's see, the ilevel 409 level 80 MoP items do the following:
    - Imbalance PvP in the level 80 bracket incredibly
    - make gear from ICC and Ruby Sanctum obsolete at level 80
    - allows level 80s to solo bosses like LK-25, Yogg+0, and even Baleroc 25 HC

    You are probably going to say that "this is low level stuff, who cares," (and I agree to some extent) but Blizzard shouldn't imbalance any aspect of the game on purpose, like they clearly did here.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 09:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by pucko97 View Post
    Well if the blue gear is taken away, they lose atleast one subscriber. I wasted alot money on nothing then.
    You're definitely a strange subscriber, as you'd quite over these items? lol
    At least you would be able to use those items at 85.

    Anyways, they aren't too expensive. On Emerald Dream US, for instance, they costed ~1k gold per piece last time I checked.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    they costed ~1k gold per piece last time I checked.
    5-20k each item on my server
    - Thanks Axalicious for this awesome sig.

  18. #358
    i noticed the 80 hasnt tried feng garjal or the spirit kings..or the will of the emp.. i guess the fight is considered impossible lol or something.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i noticed the 80 hasnt tried feng garjal or the spirit kings..or the will of the emp.. i guess the fight is considered impossible lol or something.
    there is a vid when hes doing feng, died @ 18%
    - Thanks Axalicious for this awesome sig.

  20. #360
    Heh this happened sooner than I thought. Funny that instead of fixing the actual cause, they just go and cap vengeance at your max HP. So you can still bug it, but the most you'd get is 100k which isn't nearly enough to solo anything beyond ICC10 or something like that.
    Last edited by d07RiV; 2013-01-09 at 12:36 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •