Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Inb4 "Tank specs may only earn Vengeance when wearing their respective armor type"
    Inb4 this makes no difference at all, just reduces number of procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Heh. I can see it now.

Patch 5.2:

Raid bosses will now do "crushing blows" on players below the raid's level, dealing unmitigatable damage equal 100% of the player's health instantly killing them.
    Na, they don't care, since it causes neither harm nor any unfair gains.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Exploit or Smart use of Game Mechanics ?
    Avoidance cap and other insane stats is just a "smart use" . Vengeance skyrocket with mastery is a bug caused by wrong vengeance calc under 100+% damage reduction- probably thats why Army of the Dead have a cap @ 99% damage reduction.

Smart use of mechanics in my book, the guy used all the tools the game allowed. I wouldn't mind if blizz fixed this, but this is similar to something like a DK solo'ing the lich king back in cata.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Smart use of mechanics in my book, the guy used all the tools the game allowed. I wouldn't mind if blizz fixed this, but this is similar to something like a DK solo'ing the lich king back in cata.
    Not really. The main mechanic behind these kills isn't the massive avoidance that the level 80's have (which most people in this thread seem to think) but rather a bug which is being abused with Vengeance. Abusing the bug is allowing the player to gain millions of vengeance when they should only be getting thousands. The millions of AP they get allows them to (in the paladins case) absorb massive amounts of damage with a single sacred shield and avoid just about every mechanic in the fight, as well as giving them massive damage so they can actually kill the bosses within enrage. If they weren't abusing the vengeance bug then they wouldn't survive past the first explosion on this particular fight.

The very notion of walking into a level 90 raid alone at level 80 and walking out with a raid kill is the definition of exploiting no matter how you spin it, not that I think it warrants any punishment. They just need to hotfix the millions of attack power obtainable from vengeance, will probably happen within the next two days.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason is because all of the stat crunch and everything else is designed around level 90. My Arcane mage at 85 sits at 100% mana all of the time, even when spam casting. But in the bigger issue, why does it matter? So what if some level 80 can do it solo, as long as level 90s can't solo it we are good? If I were Blizz all you need to do is take away any of the gear he looted, and change the system to make it where only level 90s can loot the level 90 raid bosses. Then let him fight whatever he wants to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    The very notion of walking into a level 90 raid alone at level 80 and walking out with a raid kill is the definition of exploiting no matter how you spin it, not that I think it warrants any punishment. They just need to hotfix the millions of attack power obtainable from vengeance, will probably happen within the next two days.
    They need to fix vengeance in general, it's extremely overpowered at 85 as well, and EVEN at 90. It NEEDS to get nerfed by at least 50%. Even an overpowered 5.0 Fire Mage couldn't get close to tank DPS on some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Na, they don't care, since it causes neither harm nor any unfair gains.
    Someone mentioned earlier that you can sell heroic SG kills for 90s if they can keep themselves alive to paint the tiles.

I Think Blizz knows about this and don't want others to know.. I Started a thread on the officals in the second I read this here and LuxyEU did, too. both threads got deleted almost instantly...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Someone mentioned earlier that you can sell heroic SG kills for 90s if they can keep themselves alive to paint the tiles.
    Who even cares about heroic stone guards? Even a normal mode Elegon kill is worth more.

It would be different if it was Protectors Elite mode, sooner or later those will fall as well I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards fault. Was stupid off them to allow mop gear for level 80s, killed off all my desire to get wotlk or cataclysm gear. Really dont know why they made cata gear 77+ and mop gear 80+.

really usefull.... not.....

Deleted
    Clever use of game mechanics, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't need fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    How is it an exploit? He's breaking nothing, the stat scaling is working as intended - the problem is on blizzards end. I completely agree that it needs fixing, but it's about as much an "exploit" as when the firehawk was 100% drop rate from normal ragnaros - the very notion of killing ragnaros and being guaranteed a 1% drop rate is about as broken as killing lvl 90 bosses at 80.

It's just very bad foresight on blizzards side, and they really should fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Clever use of game mechanics, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't need fixing.

How is it an exploit? He's breaking nothing, the stat scaling is working as intended - the problem is on blizzards end. I completely agree that it needs fixing, but it's about as much an "exploit" as when the firehawk was 100% drop rate from normal ragnaros - the very notion of killing ragnaros and being guaranteed a 1% drop rate is about as broken as killing lvl 90 bosses at 80.

It's just very bad foresight on blizzards side, and they really should fix it.
    It isn't working as intended, at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    It isn't working as intended, at all.
    is toooooooo! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Foto View Post
    There is no gimmick block @ 62.73%, parry @ 43.43%, dodge @ 8.05%, together well over 100% so he can't be hit, also well over hit capped with vengeance stacks he''ll heal for just ridiculous amounts
    Just wanted to point out that this is not how it works since MoP. Dodge/Parry roll first on it's on table. After it's been determined if you are going to dodge/parry it'll then decide if you are going to block or take damage.

Dodge/Parry = 1st roll table
    Block = 2nd roll table

Deleted
    Linking this on behalf of Faruz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMUIY_jxkwU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    Or 100 million, but close enough
    haha thats fucked up. i knew about being able to get close to capping avoidance as lvl80 with cata dungeons blues...but since i havnt played my twink lvl80 char for a while i didnt knew about the mop items. man i should have tried this before it got too out of hand.

also the only way to get vengeance that high is to avoid they work hand in hand for this to be possible.
    Last edited by mmocf391b05d2d; 2013-01-06 at 05:42 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The number of noobs khmm... misinformated people who cant clearly see what happens in this thread is ridiculous. Stats scaling is bad, yes, but it has nothing with the insane prot pala damage exploit.

Even with those stats noone of other classes (except prot palas) can have THAT high damage and immortality. When you bug vengeance to millions you just use sacred shield and let the boss/trash dps you - you wont take any damage, even magic, also the healing seal heals you always, that is scaled good with venegance, so, basically, 80 prot palas can take ANY damage and solo ANYTHING in game if they will take proper damage ( manage cd's and pull more and more trash/ eat more damage- low at start to not be 1shotted, increasing to maximum in like 30 sec) - after that the pala is just invincible.

PS: a good example of "clever use of game mechanics" without exploiting is in my signature- my ICC25hc solo as an 80 DK. Or that : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_1tvvy2eI0 , with 124% avoidance.