Thread: Mouse Upgrade

Mouse Upgrade

Hey guys! My old G5 is wearing out so I'm looking for a new one. The one I have has two buttons. I'm looking for a lil bit more buttons lol. Any help could be appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer Naga/Hex, or Logitech G600 (my personal fav), there is also the Corsair M90. Those are just off the top of my head, pretty much the majority of peripheral manufacturer's make at least a few multi-button mice. I personally recommend the G600, but I'm partial to Logitech as their customer service is amazing and warranty turn around is top notch.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Razer has a quality issue. They're great when they're new but they have a shorter lifespan than their competitors - I recommend Logitech also.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I enjoy my Corsair M60 quite a bit and have heard decent things about the M90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if i could have 2 mouses(? mice? lol) i would have a razer naga and a corsair m90. both fit the opposite end of the gaming spectrum very nicely..if i had to pick one though i would definetly choose the naga, as i mostly play wow and the quality of life with the side keypad is amazing.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Personally I don't get on with the "strap a keypad to the side" idea for the G600/Naga. Have a look at the M90 - similar number of buttons but spaced around the mouse a little more. Same with the G700, 4 under the thumb, 3 under the usual left mouse finger. I currently have the second and find using the 3 extra "left mouse" button for cooldowns and the 4 under the thumb for "reflex" abilities (cc & anti cc in pvp etc) rather nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

I have personally had both the naga and the G600 and they are both great mice.
    But the G600 have much better build quality and the buttons on the sides are really nice as well.

Once you get use to them they are much easier to find and press the G-Shift key takes some time to get use to.
    But after you have you can easily rebind it to work as a normal shift key.
    Giving you a total of 22 keys you can use in total with a shift binds.

Also the Logitech G600 software for key config is a lot better then the Razer synaps.
    You don't have to create a account and all that guff Just install it and run it.

I have the G700. Solid build quality, great ergonomics and pretty cheap too. All razer mice I have tried so far have been too light and plastic-y for me to like them. Some are oddly shaped and not ergonomical either.

I have had my Razer Naga for over a year without any issues with it at all. It was a little weird at first but now every button gets used. I couldn't play without it now!

Been using a Razer mouse for 2 years now. I wouldn't complain about built quality, but just like any mouse, make sure you clean it regularly; don't let grime build up under your buttons; had an issue with gunk getting under the button membranes and preventing me from clicking- a solid smack against the floor fixed it.

i had 2 G5 and now i have been using G9 for about 3 years now and it still going stong!

A Sokogeka Sig Production

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who loves Razer and owned a Naga for 14 months, Logitech G600 if you like lots of buttons. Logitech is just better built.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I'd buy another g5 if you like it well enough. I know i probably will. I dont like the cheap plastic feel of razer mouses, or have any in particular i like the design for. The g5 is a classic

Razer Deathadder is pretty nice. I've had mine for about a year and haven't had any issues with it so far. My lycosa keyboard is a different matter all together lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't get a Cyborg RAT, OMG I used my college buddies a few times and it was damn uncomfortable with all the jagged edges (actually cut my hand a bit) and goofy shaping.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Deleted
    Get the G9x. I've used mine for years, and before that the G9. They're awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaedoslim View Post
    Hey guys! My old G5 is wearing out so I'm looking for a new one. The one I have has two buttons. I'm looking for a lil bit more buttons lol. Any help could be appreciated
    Buy a new G5,.
    there's no question about it,. razer mice suck.
    If you've used your G5 for many a year now, it's simply time to order a new one.