I am so sick and tired of the way life is in the year 2013. I really wish things were more free and less burdensome like they were in 1800. The only thing I would like to keep from today would be the abolishment of slavery, eradication of racism and equal rights for all. Air conditioning and electricity would be nice too. Back in 1800 we:
1: Didnt have to pay income tax
2. Didnt waste trillions of money sending it to other countries in the name of "foreign aid" with no expectation of repayment.
3. Didnt have 2 million environmental regulations obstructing you from doing just about any kind of construction or business.
4. If you wanted a swimming pool, shed, porch, or any other structure on your property, you just went out bought the materials and built it. You didnt need to pay a thousand dollars for 6 permits and get permission from 3 government agencies to do so.
5. You OWNED your home. You never own your home anymore. You just pay rent in the form of property tax since if you cant/wont pay it, the government takes it away and evicts you
6. Your purchases werent tracked. You could buy a gun, horse, carriage etc... without having to apply for permits, submit your personal information, and register them. (Why do we even need to register our cars every year other than just so the state gets more money from you? Once you own it, it still belongs to you until you sell it.
7. People were responsible for themselves and didnt ask the government to give them handouts or bail them out whenever they hit a bump in the road. People relied on family and friends in tough times rather than everyone else in the country's pockets. It was actually shameful back then to take a handout from ANYONE.
8. The government didnt feel like they had to pass 300 or more per year bills just for the sake of passing them just so it looks like they are doing something. (They only convened a few weeks a year).
9. If you were hungry, you could just go out and shoot a deer or some other animal and eat it. You didnt need to spend $75 for a license that you can only use for certain animals for a certain time period. You could also grow vegetable and fruits without worrying about environmental regulations and sell them along the road without having to buy a license/permit and worry about the USDA or someone who patented a seed which has been around forever shutting you down.
10. If you wanted to open a business you bought or built a building and did it. You didnt have to comply with 10,000 regulations and pay thousands in fees to a lawyer to make sure everything is compliant with the 10000 regulations you have to comply with just to sell stuff in a store
11. The government pretty much only existed to defend the country from foreign enemies, and enforce some basic and necessary laws like murder, theft, burglary, rape, and embezzlement.
Basically, we had the Freedom to do what every we wanted with out own property and lives