Thread: Vena Ribcrusher

10+ Year Old Account

Vena Ribcrusher

Name: Vena Ribcrusher

Race: Orc

Languages: Orcish

Class: Horde Assasssin

Personality: Vena is a fighter down to her personality, she is determined, precise and an excellent battle strategist. Vena has a thirst for battle from a duel to a bloody battle to the death and by nature is brutal, uncompromising and is unfond of non-horde races though she will tolerate them. Vena is a loyalist to the horde and usually not one to question her orders but more and more lately she has found herself more conflicted due to the treatment of the other races of the horde especially the Trolls and The Elves even though she has little love for them.

Likes: Vena enjoys fighting and getting bloody and bruised, she is loyal to the horde and enjoys spending her free time sparring with other warriors of the Horde testing her strength; Vena also appreciates good ale and an argument. She is proud of her battle scars and will show them off to anyone silly enough to ask about them.

Dislikes: Vena hates cowards, during her travels she has begun to dislike the Blood Elf’s because generally they are more likely to show cowardice then the other races, Vena hates magic and sees it as a cowards way of fighting and Dislikes being healed for the same reason, she would rather heal naturally.

Appearance: Vena is tall and muscularly built due to the extreme training she puts herself through, her skin is a shade lighter then emerald green and her eyes are a bright blue and always seem to have a scowl on her face even when she is happy. Her hair is black and roughly styled and you can tell she has done it with her own hand it is shaved off at the sides and at the top it comes up into a roughly cut mohawk similar to a tolls, it falls down her back in dreadlocks.

She wears a black leather attire, her pants and chest armour are tight and ripped in places which help her movement. Her whole attire is suited to her having maximum movement during battle, her fists are wrapped up with leather that has been worn at the knuckles and is blood stained. Her boots are typical leather and the soles and tips are steel.
    She Carries a pair of crude swords on her back that she doesn't use unless she needs to, she has a couple of daggers strapped to her left thigh and will sometimes carry a polearm on her back and mount the head of any enemy on it in battle to intimidate her foes in battle.

Strengths: Vena is incredibly strong and adept with fighting in close quarters with her fists or a variety of weapons, though she is big she excels at keeping herself hidden in the shadows. She is a smart battle strategist and can play nearly every move on the go and is very adaptable.

Weaknesses: Vena is power hungry and this often leads to her making bad decisions, she has a no run attitude which has lead to some sticky situations before, Vena does not work well with others and this leads to trouble when she is forced to work well with others.

History: This is where you write down your character's background. How he or she grew up, their travels, how they became the person they are. Try and make the history as original as possible, stay away from lore figures, and try to be as close to the lore as possible. (Here's a Timeline, if you wanted one to reference major points in warcraft lore while keeping your character accurate.) (If you don't know about something in the Lore that might be important for your character, use Wowpedia to look it up.)

Vena grew up with her family in durotar where she always had an interest in fighting, she would beat up her brother and the other young orcs in the village. Her parents were merchants and not very strong always having to rely on the strength of others which lead to their stores being raided a few times. Into her teenage years Vena began to hate her parents due to their weakness and her sibling as well. During one raid on her parents store she happened to be there and stepped in fighting with the Gnoll raider and eventually killing him by crushing every rib in his chest.

This bought Vena the lastname Ribcrusher which she wore with extreme pride, but life in durotar was boring and it lead the young orc to want more. So she began to travel, short distances to surrounding villages at first until oneday she left for good with little more then a note for her family. Vena ended up in the southern Barrens where she found herself against another orc who called himself an assassin. Marveled by his strength the young orc set out to prove to him that he should pass his knowledge onto her. Eventually due to persistence on her part the orc began to teach Vena all about the way of an assassin.

Vena mastered the techniques with her master over the span of a year or two and when she felt she had learned enough she left and began to work as a hired assassin for different factions around Azeroth. Which found her taking up contracts taking her places like Shadowmoon Valley, Grizzly Hills and The Twilight Highlands. Vena began to get a name for herself as the Iron Fisted Assassin who took at her targets with her fists, this caught the attention of the new warchief Garrosh who "convinced" her to work for the Horde in their conquering of Pandaria. Though loyal to Garrosh for now, Vena finds herself wondering if this new Horde is something she wants to be a apart of.
    Last edited by kinderfield; 2013-01-06 at 06:25 AM. Reason: clearing up issues
    The Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.

Not too bad looking. I do have a few comments to make, though. In her personality, you stated that she is "hot-headed and has the attitude that strength can solve problems easily", meaning, she believes brute force can and will solve any problem (if I'm not mistaken, which I, on occasion, am known to be), yet in her strengths, you say she is a battle strategist. Again, unless I am mistaken, this conflicts with her personality, king of clouding things up (to me, anyway; I'm more the 'specific person').
    Not that this really has to do with critiscism (this is more of a personal comment), I am, in fact, a huge supporter of the Blood Elves and Lor'themar in particular. Most of my characters in WoW have been so. XD. Your rogue may not really want to cross either my death knight or hunter, in that regard. Working with them (my death knight is part of the Scourge remnants) may be somewhat difficult.
    All in all it isn't too shabby, although I would change the fact that she is racist against most non-Horde races, yet she is conflicted because of the unfair treatment Garrosh is giving them? O_o
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the comments I will definitely look into it and she is conflicted because of the mistreatment given to the horde races. But I do actually understand, I am actually a big blood elf fan myself lol so i thought it would be fun to have a character who wasnt to fond of the. I will look into the personality issues though

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 04:21 PM ----------

I Wouldn't actually say she is a rogue, she doesn't use poisons or daggers, her in game class in monk but I really didn't like the thought of a orc monk after i created her so I did some looking around at rpg classes on wowpedia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came upon this having no interest but caught my eye, interesting. Though I think your rogue would hate me. :P Well done though I liked it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I did some roleplaying on her, Vena lives on Wyrmrest Accord. She has no really hatred towards the elves. She wants to like them but she finds their snooty born with a silver spoon in my mouth annoying. She has met one or two she could respect but for every one she respects there is a more that annoy her. I would be good to roleplay with you guys and see how our characters get along

Very nice read and a good character concept, There are two details that somewhat irritated me, but i like to nitpick.
    The first is you mention her boots having iron soles, but also claim she is adept at keeping to the shadows; I presume that excludes sneaking?
    Also more a question than anything else, the eyepatch in your Vena sig, is it canon for her character? if so, you should mention it, including its origins since it is a rather big disadvantage in combat, as it gives you a rather big blind side (I should know.) Also I really would like to have Vena and Khor meet casually in a roleplay. They have rather striking similarities in some regards even considering that Khor is an elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the points, no Vena is more of a hide in plain sight kind of Assassin. She is a bit to large to sneak so she has learned to blend in and become unseen I totally forgot that eyepatch (whoops) yes it is Canon. I have to figure out how she got it, I would dare say that it would of been during an assassination attempt and im going to say it is fairly new and yes it is a big disadvantage but like all her scars she wears it with pride. She is slowly learning to use her other senses more, though it is taking more time then she thought it would. I think that would be a good idea as well.

Hiding in plain sight and blending sounds perfect. Really fits her fighting style and character concept. Forgetting the lost eye happens. You have your concept in mind and just forget putting some stuff down. no problem. Also I forgot to express my love for your correct and creative use of the orcish honor name.