Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pokemon sandbox game

Who else here has fevered dreams of a full blown skyrim like sandbox game of pokemon.

exploring mountains going through caves looking for pokemon finding rares worrying about both your pokemon and your personal health of course.

finding the remote "gyms" and just generally exploring and looking over the horizon caring for yourself and your pokemon
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Every game needs to be like Skyrim. It's the best thing ever.

I would love a first person game like this. It sounds like an awesome idea. I would be behind this 100%!

i dont mean to be exactly like skyrim but rather a remake of the games a open world you can explore. catch pokemon and attempt to survive :3
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

Nintendo will never allow there to be a Pokemon game different from the current formula (just like they'll never change up Zelda or the likes). Pokemon will always be a portable focused game with linear gameplay, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be fun...

Damn, I was thinking about it earlier in the morning. I would probably play it if it was in earlier generations

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Nintendo will never allow there to be a Pokemon game different from the current formula (just like they'll never change up Zelda or the likes). Pokemon will always be a portable focused game with linear gameplay, sadly.
    It changed a lot with the gamecube ones: fast travel, no random battles
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Pokemon, and maybe Adventure Time, are the only series I would like given the Elder Scrolls treatment. Only if it wasn't as shallow and painfully mediocre as Skyrim though.

Do you even play Pokemon? Pokemon can get pretty deep, hell, people make up full on math charts on it, it is anything BUT linear when you get down to it.

Zelda never changes, Majora's Mask, Zelda 2, and Skyward Sword disagree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cross your fingers! Maybe that's what the big announcement is coming Tuesday. :P

LINK - http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...ng-january-8th

I actually just came from that thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Do you even play Pokemon? Pokemon can get pretty deep, hell, people make up full on math charts on it, it is anything BUT linear when you get down to it.

Zelda never changes, Majora's Mask, Zelda 2, and Skyward Sword disagree with you.
    Being deep has nothing to do with being linear. My point was Pokemon will usually revolve around the gym/badge ladder just like Zelda will usually revolve around collecting items from dungeons to defeat bosses with.

No because i'm not a kid anymore so even if nostalgia is still here i would get bored very fast.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Ehhhh, no thanks. Pokémon just isn't the kind of series to get such a treatment, it has many kind of side games, but this one would simply not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but Pokémon is admittedly very linear, there's always a designated path to follow that is usually very obvious. Only big thing changing from game to game is when you get the legendary mascot of your game, but that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They DID change up zelda. In the second game. It sucked.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Ehhhh, no thanks. Pokémon just isn't the kind of series to get such a treatment, it has many kind of side games, but this one would simply not work.

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but Pokémon is admittedly very linear, there's always a designated path to follow that is usually very obvious. Only big thing changing from game to game is when you get the legendary mascot of your game, but that's about it.
    The story is. And even then Gen V did some pretty serious mixing up of the forumla. The metagame is anything but. There's a huge differnce between a pokemon you trained from a carefully planned egg and raised carefully with EVs and everything compared to a wild pokemon you just caught at the same level. This is why there are officially run tournaments. If you tried takeing your pokemon you used though out normal game play to just beat the gyms you'd lose fast.
    Last edited by Time Sage; 2013-01-06 at 08:31 PM.

Being deep has nothing to do with being linear. My point was Pokemon will usually revolve around the gym/badge ladder just like Zelda will usually revolve around collecting items from dungeons to defeat bosses with.
    Okay, yeah the world is fairly linear, I don't disagree.

hahaha

Actually the new zelda will be a sandbox game (Open World), it is comfirmed

Quote Originally Posted by marioriks View Post
    Actually the new zelda will be a sandbox game (Open World), it is comfirmed
    There are topics actively discussing this and you necro a year old thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    This has seriously been my dream Pokemon game since the first Pokemon Coliseum came out on Gamecube. I have no idea why Nintendo hasn't jumped on this by now, especially with the capabilities of the Wii U, it would look gorgeous.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe