10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.

Trying to make a Tekkit server - Help?

I ran a minecraft server with some friends about a year ago and recently decided it was a good time to make good on my promise to make a modded PVP server. We've been using a Tekkit server run by another friend for the past few months, but I decided it would be interesting to make a bedrock arena so they can wreck everything they like (but Creative mode is blocked on the server).

I downloaded the Tekkit 3.1.2 server (it's the recommended build, despite 3.1.3 having been out for months), created a folder named Tekkit_Server_3.1.2 on my desktop and unzipped the files into the new folder. I encountered an error trying to run the .bat file included, but according to the directions in this youtube walkthrough all I needed to do was change the values from 3G/2G to 1024M/1024M, and it was able to find space for it when I ran it again.

Currently, while the server is running and I can log into it, it is giving me a number of errors-
    Code:
    [WARNING] Failed to load mod class net/minecraft/server/mod_NetherOres.class...
    [SEVERE] Zip file mod_NetherOres.jar failed to read properly
    [INFO] File mod_NetherOres.jar contained no mods
    [INFO] Directory weaponmod contained no mods
    [SEVERE] A problem has occured during mod loading. Likely a corrupt jar is located in your mods directory.
    ... As well as half a page of additional errors shortened by "... 5 more" and "... 7 more" strings, etc. I could be wrong because I don't really understand all the technical stuff, but what I'm getting from this is that I should remove the NetherOres mod- the problem being that I'm not sure how well the Tekkit pack will run with fewer mods.

Furthermore, running the mod doesn't appear to have loaded a World, End Dimension, Nether, or Plugins folder, or given me any text files such as ops, whitelist, dimension anchors, bukkit.yml, etc.
    What it HAS given me is three ForgeModLoader files (marked -0, -1 and -2 respectively) worth 33KB each, and an LCK file based off the first file in this series when the server is running; the video shows a single file (ForgeModLoader-0) worth 55KB.

So, as I'm afraid to work with the server as it stands given how unusual it is, I have to ask:
    What do I need to do to get my server running properly?

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 01:44 AM ----------

A quick google search of similar errors told me that I should be downloading the latest version of Java (which I could've sworn I already had, but I suppose not).
    The server's now functioning correctly. Sweet!

My next question is, can anyone recommend any methods to quickly carve out a section of the world near the spawn point (straight down to the void) so that I can start building said Bedrock fortress? ;3
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2013-01-06 at 09:26 AM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Worldedit

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    My next question is, can anyone recommend any methods to quickly carve out a section of the world near the spawn point (straight down to the void) so that I can start building said Bedrock fortress? ;3
    Worldedit should work, just google "worldedit"

Here's a link for Worldedit, just for easier access.
    It's a pretty great tool, and quite easy to use once you get the hang of it. Be sure to check out the wiki article on worldedit, there's a link to it on the website.

Another tool, which is not ingame, is MCEdit. In a lot of cases, it's a bit easier to use, and also allows you to import things that other people have made and shared.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

try look at www feed-the-beast com instead its the new so called Tekkit but its another team that is making this and its 100 times better then tekkit and much less fuss when installing it, its all pre done for you and all you need to do is just download the files and click and its done