Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    That's why the future 'exists.'

To captivate the imagination of the present and future generations.

Meanwhile, enjoy Sword Art Online.
    Everything has been figured out, except how to live. - Sartre

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Gandhi

Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

There is 95% of making Virtual world

maybe not today, but in the near future for sure

wouldnt surprise me if we had realistic and affordable VR's in about 10yrs of time, maybe even less than that.

Sign me up for The World!

Not to burst anyone's bubble i want this as well like really bad like I'm a gamer and it world be cool to experience a game like your actualy in the game I asked my brother who had a job creating games and he's really smart and knows alot of stuff he says it might happen but not likely as it breaches the human rights code your at the mercy of a machine that could fail and kill you. But he'll I'd risk it i want to play half life in s vrmmorpg and sao but as long as I don't get stuck in the game forever

I would definitely need better input options than keyboards or even worse controllers. Also way better and detailed physics would be needed to give me a more imersive experience. The feedback (besides the visual one) I could probably ignore. Visuals can fool your brain a lot already.

This is a bird simulator gizmo. You flap your arms and the fan blows wind in your face. I wonder what a set up for an MMO would look like?

This maybe?

Based on the rapid improvements made to the tech in recent times, I'd say in the next fifty or so years we'll have them.

I have seen Sword Art Online and i dont think it would be that hard to replicate something like the nerve gear. All it would have to do is produce the images and sounds effects from the world around you. Then the headset or whatever it is would stimulate the part of the brain for sense of touch smell and reflexes like a grenade blowing up in your face. And if your body is in a sleep state and it seems like a dream you can act out then your body wouldnt move your brain would be moving you and controling your movements and the senses needed like smell, touch, and taste. Costly yes i do believe so since nothing like this has been made. I do think the oculus is the break through that vrmmorpg is needing and that before 2025-2030 we will see the first vrmmorpg where you have to dive your consciousness into a server and yes you will be un responsive to the out side world but theres alot of gamers that do that now in there room with rpgs. I hope vrmmorpgs get developed and become huge. I think either blizzard or square enix could make the break through but again to costly.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy it much. Would depend a lot on how it was controlled.

Maybe if they made controlling it with your thoughts function well enough, but not if you'd have to control it with your arms and legs.

Sure. Not right now, but at some time. Technology is advancing quickly, should be possible to make some kind of kit that could read brainwaves and make that into a game at some point.

As this thread is almost 3 years old now total, I think it's a decent time to let it lay to rest and possibly just start anew, since there's been some new things since then.

On that note, closing this.
    JJJJJ"El Psy Kongroo!" General Off Topic/Hearthstone Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Jester Joe? More like Jester Bro. Got my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Jester Bro indeed.