10+ Year Old Account

playable races life spans

what are the life spans of playable races ?

isnt it more interesting to roleplay as for example blood elf instead of human due to the significant difference in lifespan ? i mean an elf that is 1500 years old would be more experienced than a human at the age of 80.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Lifespans

And fun fact: roleplaying as an elf, since they live longer, also means you need to write more. Nor is it necessarily more interesting. Your character's what you make of it. I've seen plenty of intriguing humans and plenty of boring elves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Lifespans

And fun fact: roleplaying as an elf, since they live longer, also means you need to write more. Nor is it necessarily more interesting. Your character's what you make of it. I've seen plenty of intriguing humans and plenty of boring elves.
    Long life means more chances to be interesting, but it's just that, a chance, and often missed by RPers. Beyond the link above, it is generally unreasonable to have really long childhoods in any race as it would put a massive drain on resources and make the frequent tradgedies of Azeroth more devastating. Once adolescence is reached there is more room to manuever as sexual maturity will overcome most of those problems. Many long lived races many have a prolonged social equivalent to young adulthood and may have social stratifications more subtle and numerous due to those long lives. There is less rush to master a craft for instance among the Dwarves, and they may have very long apprenticeships to slowly and surely perfect their craft. Other factors may change this though as a crisis may accelerate needs that have been slowed by a natural indifference to age. You'll have to ask yourself how each aspect of your character may be effected by age. Your character if long lived may also have a lot of regret over wasting much of their life or not understand what the rush amongst shorter lived races is.

10+ Year Old Account
    RPing one of the long-lived races is actually more difficult, I've found - one needs to consider the psychology of being so long lived in a world where everything changes very quickly, and friends that you make amongst the 'quicker races' (to use Dragon Age terminology ) will be dead in a fraction of your lifespan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

its interesting to note the any race can live for a retardedly long time with outside influence. another interesting note is that due to limited knowledge of the caverns of time some humans and other "younger" races could have been around before there races actually evolved; this could happen by randomly stumbling into a time rip.

on a side note: tho longer lived races are more challenging to set up they allow for a much deeper character development.
    Last edited by krunksmash; 2013-01-13 at 08:48 AM.