which trinkets the best

dear all

im coming through a problem that im not sure which trinkets are better for me

im using relic of yulon which added an addtional 484+ ilvl

light of cosmo (noromal) 489
    essence of terror (LFR) 483
    static caster's medallion 496

may i ask which 2 trinkets are the best in slot from the items ive listed above?

thanks

essence of terror + relic of yulon

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    essence of terror + relic of yulon
    thank you for replying, but may i ask how come? the lfr essence of terror will be better than the light of cosmo (nomral)?
    i thought the normal ligh of cosmo will always b better than essence of terror or will light of cosmo (nomral) + essence of terror LFR better than any of light of cosmo or essence of terror + relic of yulon?

Loc<EoT<LoC Heroic<EoT Heroic the difference isnt really all that great but EoT pulls ahead a small margin.
    do what you feel.

take a look into this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...inket-Question
    I would seriously doubt any system that sees Cosmos ranked higher than Terror.

Using the LFR versions.
    Essence of Terror
    Int: 1021
    Haste: 6121 for 20 seconds, 105 second cooldown, 15% chance. 1166 haste on average

Light of the Cosmos
    Haste: 956
    Int: 2866 for 20 seconds, 45 second cooldown, 15% chance. 1273 int on average

The primary issue with the cooldowns is that since Cosmos is a dot proc, while Terror is a hit proc, Cosmos is less likely to proc. We can therefore adjust the cooldowns to 110 & 55 seconds.

Terror: 1021 Int, 1113 Haste
    Essence: 1041 int, 956 Haste
    Difference (Terror - Essence): -20 Int, 157 haste

The difference gives 7.85 haste for every 1 Int, and there's no way that Int is ever going to be worth that many multiples of haste. Therefore Terror is better and we don't even have to look at the stat weights (which, incidentally, are incorrect).
    and this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nkets-question

another method you can use is just sim it with simulation craft and compare the numbers.

Yo guys since this thread is up i figured it would be better to post here then make my own but
    Relic of Yu'lon + Flashfrozen Resin Globule or Zen Alchemist Stone?

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:28 PM ----------

would really appreciate and answer sorry if this counts as a bump

Zen alch stone is pretty underrated.. simmed higher than normal version of light of cosmos for me.

People also overrate light of cosmos for ele... the math that people use to validate it overlook the fact that we only have one dot to procc it, and thus our uptime of the buff is a lot lower than other classes. Personally, I switched out my normal mode light of cosmos the first chance I got and didn't look back.

edit: ofc, I am talking about zen alch stone upgraded via justice points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
    Yo guys since this thread is up i figured it would be better to post here then make my own but
    Relic of Yu'lon + Flashfrozen Resin Globule or Zen Alchemist Stone?

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:28 PM ----------

would really appreciate and answer sorry if this counts as a bump
    Relic + Alch is best for you.

Relic + EoT for OP.

LoC is an awful trinket for the most part. It seems good looking at it, but the actual proc rate ends up being trash. It's basically always worse than the tier of trinkets below it. So LFR LoC is worse than 463s (and some 450s, tbh), norm LoC is worse than 476/483s, Heroic LoC is worse than 496s.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-01-08 at 04:00 AM.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

LoC is a pure gamble trinket, if its up for say 2 ascendances, its BiS, if it doesn't proc much at all its pure crap....so it'll vary massively on each pull.