Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Back in Burning Crusade, my guild killed Illidan for a year straight without ever having a single shield drop. RNG is hardly a new phenomenon and if you've played for 7 years as you claim, you of all people should know this by now.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

    Armory

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,336
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo705 View Post
    10 bags of gold and not 1 single drop
    (0.84)^10 = about 17.5% chance of that happening, which is roughly equivalent to rolling a 6 on a six-sided dice.

    Better luck next time.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/3/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Sarthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Back in Burning Crusade, my guild killed Illidan for a year straight without ever having a single shield drop. RNG is hardly a new phenomenon and if you've played for 7 years as you claim, you should know this by now.
    Exactly doubt this guy has been playing that long. Vanilla loot was really bad and in BC my shield didn't drop for 2 months bro : / I know that feel

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,564
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo705 View Post
    Just got my char to 470 and entered raids to get 10 bags of gold and not 1 single drop,this is driving me and many of my friends to consider leaving the game after 7 years,its not fun to constantly get no loot,its simply broken
    If it helps you feel any better I had to run Heroic Magisters' Terrace 66 times before I got my Swift White Hawkstrider.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo705 View Post
    Just got my char to 470 and entered raids to get 10 bags of gold and not 1 single drop,this is driving me and many of my friends to consider leaving the game after 7 years,its not fun to constantly get no loot,its simply broken
    Bye see ya! Also, Can I haz your stuff?

  6. #26
    Fluffy Kitten Taurenburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pretending not to be here
    Posts
    3,052
    Poor you. RNG just doesn't like you.
    Lord protector of the Veal

    Pokemon Y
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)
    Friendsafari: Magneton, Forretress, Bronzong

  7. #27
    You won't be quitting successfully if it's due to this reason. It's the same as being a gambling addict, you are currently experiencing the "comedown" that follows the rush of downing a boss and expecting loot. This means you do actually enjoy it, you just can't see it right now.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,078
    I agree with you OP, and I agree that you should quit.

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral Shadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Jersey shore night club
    Posts
    1,166
    People actually gear up from LFR? I just don't see the point in this when normal modes are so easy.

  10. #30
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    155
    I get the "it's RNG, quit the qq" argument, I really do. But for those of us on a long streak of poor luck it is really frustrating. I ran Temple of the Jade Serpent 25 times (I think) to get the Staff of Trembling Will and it only recently dropped. As for LFR, out of 71 boss kills in Pandaria LFR runs, I have had precisely 4 drops. It's not broken, but it is a massive pain in the arse.

    I think that taking away the ability to trade in LFR has also impacted on this. More than a few times I've run LFR with guildies who got drops they already had that they could of traded with myself or other guildies which would of filled the loot void a bit.

    Also, to those that say 'go join a raiding team' out of 38 boss kills I have only seen 5 different drops for my class. We regularly see the same shield on Spirit Kings for example. Literally every week that damn thing drops. So RNG is a bitch in normal/heroic raiding too.

    It doesn't hold much weight saying it's RNG, get over it because the RNG is really shitty for some players. Don't forget that if you are having reasonable luck there are others out there who have almost none at all. I did around 500 boss kills of LFR/normal/heroic DS and only saw the Vial of shadows drop once in LFR, yet a buddy of mine had 3 drop in 2 lock outs of heroic. Yes it's a bitch, but we don't have to like it.

    That said however, I prefer to quit the qq and bring the pew pew.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo705 View Post
    Laws of probibility dictate you would get something from 10 rolls but this isn't happening RNG isn't working i don't expect free loot for nothing but its just broken
    Where do they "dictate" that? You need to roll internally over 85 to get a item, or in other words you have a 15% chance to get an item or 85% to get no item.
    So the chance to not get an item in 10 rolls is 0,85^10=19,7%. That doesn't sound so unlikely to me.

  12. #32
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    I think that taking away the ability to trade in LFR has also impacted on this. More than a few times I've run LFR with guildies who got drops they already had that they could of traded with myself or other guildies which would of filled the loot void a bit.
    Meaning your guildies were basically ninjaing gear they already had so you could have better odds than other people who also needed the gear. I seriously hate people like that! As for gear drops, since most of the droprates are between 10% ~ 25% per item. The chance of not getting a certain item after 10 kills, like the op is only ~35%. As for gear with a 25% drop chance is only ~6%. So to be honest, the chance of not getting any item at all after 10 kills is increadibly low. Let alone if you're actually a bit persistent and continue killing stuff.

    As for bad luck, I know all about it. But you don't hear me complaining about it! As far as I'm concerned this game is about having fun and when I'm raiding the only gear I really need is to make sure we can push progression.

    Edit: I was talking about 10m normal, if you need to roll over 85 to get an item in LFR the chance of not getting anything after 10 rolls is: 1-(0,85^10)=~20%.

    Edit 2: It looks to me like the chance of getting loot from LFR is very much within the numbers of loot dropping normally. That leaves out the factor of gear competition. 15% is well in between 10% and 25%.
    Last edited by Ethes; 2013-01-06 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

  13. #33
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    People actually gear up from LFR? I just don't see the point in this when normal modes are so easy.
    This is true, but not everyone is in a guild that raids normal modes (and accessibility into those guilds isn't getting easier).

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 05:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Where do they "dictate" that? You need to roll internally over 85 to get a item, or in other words you have a 15% chance to get an item or 85% to get no item.
    So the chance to not get an item in 10 rolls is 0,85^10=19,7%. That doesn't sound so unlikely to me.
    The chance to get loot in LFR has always remained the same. That is, 4/25 (remember DS LFR).

    4/25 is 0.16, so you will need to roll 85* or over to get an item, but the chance of not getting an item is 0.84, not 0.85.

    *85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 05:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Edit: I was talking about 10m normal, if you need to roll over 85 to get an item in LFR the chance of not getting anything after 10 rolls is: 1-(0,85^10)=~20%.
    See my post above.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2013-01-06 at 05:41 PM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/3/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  14. #34
    RNG can be a major pain really, but it has its highs and lows (As random things tend to do), on my shaman alt i've had 4 items drop in a week of LFR (Using coins, but still...), yet on that very same alt i have NEVER seen a caster shield drop since i created her in late BC (Bought craftable shields in early Wrath and Cata and left those expansions still using them), RNG giveth and RNG... well, doesn't give, i suppose...

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo705 View Post
    Just got my char to 470 and entered raids to get 10 bags of gold and not 1 single drop,this is driving me and many of my friends to consider leaving the game after 7 years,its not fun to constantly get no loot,its simply broken
    I question the accuracy of this statement. First off, What did you and your friends do BEFORE LFR ? Seeing how LFR is barely a year old, that means you did nothing for 6 years? So a chance at loot is worse than no chance at loot ?

    I semi understand your frustration, when I'd really like to get 1 or two items from LFR and they are proving elusive. At the same time, I have 5 toons that are at least ilvl 480. My one Warrior, got 4/6 drops in his first run of Vaults, and then got all the weapon drops I wanted the following week.

    I find it hard to believe that you played WoW for 7 years and don't understand that you don't always get the loot drops you want (I'm looking at you Ragnaros!) and that LFR is the SOLE reason you play this game.

    People actually gear up from LFR? I just don't see the point in this when normal modes are so easy.
    Cause the rest of the world isn't awesome like you and you're friends. Not everyone plays on a illidan, Stormrage, Mal'ganis, Sarg. Where you're have nearly 100 guilds that are at least 16/16 normal.

    There is a whole boat load of servers, where maybe only the top 3-4 guilds are 16/16 normal or better. Hell, being 10/16 on my server would make you a top 10 guild. Lots of servers lack the number of quality players for everything to be LOL easy. So far in my experience when you see a "Fresh MV" run in trade chat, it means they are going for 4/6 vaults.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-01-06 at 06:38 PM.

  16. #36
    Field Marshal Nayelar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    59
    Oh, completely new and interesting topic... i can't hear it anymore! Sure, a bad luck streak sucks, but still: the new system is way better than the old one! Now it's just bad luck, in ds it was bad luck and these.... "people" winning items for their guild mates. Now you have at least a fair chance on winning an item

  17. #37
    Moderator Azshira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,881
    I always lock RNG related threads. Sorry.
    Proud Moderator of Raids and Dungeons.
    "You face not the Mod Hammer alone, but the infractions I command."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •