Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does Rovio own the Finnish government?

I saw this on Reddit and, even though Angry Birds merchandise is far from uncommon in the States, this is ridiculous. You could buy and furnish an entire house with Angry Birds merchandise there....

http://imgur.com/a/1fTUC

Someone in the marketing department must have drunk a bad case of vodka that afternoon.

Deleted
    This is why I can't stand Angry Birds. It's an okay game, I guess, but Jesus Christ, enough with the milking. Even the Nintendo merchandise in the 80s wasn't as milked as this franchise. It's not even that funny to begin with.

Not sure what this has to do with the Finish Government.

I see most of the the same crap here in Canada, they're milking it.

That's alot of Angry Birds...

Deleted
    Is Angry Birds the new Ana Montana?

Fazer is almost a monopoly in Finland. Nothing really special here when a company pays royalty to use "Angry birds" on a product. The only reason theres such a hype in Finland about this is because Rovio is one of the very few brands to be somewhat famous globaly.
    Last edited by Arlon; 2013-01-06 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    some people just want to live the angry birds dream i guess.

I scrolled through the page with amazement, and one would think I'd start shaking my head right around the mention of the Angry Birds coffee, but it was the mention of the Angry Birds HDMI cord at the end that made it too much, and I started laughing at the ridiculous nature of it all.

I must side with Cattaclysmic, they've probably been in meetings trying to find the most "off" things to slap their Angry Birds stickers on, purely for the lulz-factor. Come on, an Angry Birds bicycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    This is why I can't stand Angry Birds. It's an okay game, I guess, but Jesus Christ, enough with the milking. Even the Nintendo merchandise in the 80s wasn't as milked as this franchise. It's not even that funny to begin with.
    They're milking it because they know this fad won't last for long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They're milking it because they know this fad won't last for long.
    I know, but it's still just so pathetic, at least most companies have some kind of standards when it comes to marketing, these guys seemingly don't.

Rovio is to Finland like Pewdiepie is to Sweden, fucking annoying and bring shame upon the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the subject of horrible Finnish candy packaging, I found these in an airport in Helsinki:

OT: You can find most of those products in any Wal-Mart in the US, and a lot of the Fry's Electronics stores too.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2013-01-06 at 05:21 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    We have those in Portugal too, Reeve, it's pretty odd. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    On the subject of horrible Finnish candy packaging, I found these in an airport in Helsinki:

OT: You can find most of those products in any Wal-Mart in the US, and a lot of the Fry's Electronics stores too.
    Here's some Danish candy to top it off.

This candy brand even has it's own theme park!

What the fuck, Danes?!

CATTA! EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

It's just a stupid fad that they'll milk out as much as they can. I'd say in a year or two this whole thing is forgotten and Angry Birds HDMI cords will be found in bargain bins at best.
    Last edited by Raivosoturi; 2013-01-06 at 05:44 PM.

Not just Finland. I went to Toys R Us (big toy store chain here in the US, I don't know if you have 'em in Europe as well or not) not too long ago, and there was Angry Bird shit EVERYWHERE. Tons of it. Star Wars themed, board games, accessories, this, that, etc etc etc. Rovio is making some serious money.

Danish candy looks terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialanne View Post
    Danish candy looks terrible.
    Best goddamned candy ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    What the fuck, Danes?!

CATTA! EXPLAIN YOURSELF!
    Would you rather have some spunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Would you rather have some spunk?
    Touche, salesman.

I don't care how good Danish candy is. I'm not going to eat anything whose mascot is slinging shit everywhere.