Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    On the subject of horrible Finnish candy packaging, I found these in an airport in Helsinki:

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4142/4...29b492d882.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/nFkid.png

OT: You can find most of those products in any Wal-Mart in the US, and a lot of the Fry's Electronics stores too.
    I tell you man, these are like the best candy ever. Period.

OT: Rovio themselves have stated that they want to make the Angry Birds brand into something similiar to Disney. E.g. A company called Lappset has been building Angry Birds playgrounds for kids all over Finland. It's a bit smaller scale compared to Disneyland, but it's something. Imo they've done pretty well considering that Angry Birds came out only few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Touche, salesman.

I don't care how good Danish candy is. I'm not going to eat anything whose mascot is slinging shit everywhere.
    Theres the "sea gull shit", "dog farts", "dirty diapers", "sewer sludge", "bullshit", "ear wax", "duck food", "rotten fish" and many more i cant find - my personal favorite were "blue owls" (had a picture of a frozen owl on it). Best god damn rock candy in history. Sadly it is no longer in production...

Their brand was "the world's funniest candy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    I tell you man, these are like the best candy ever. Period.

OT: Rovio themselves have stated that they want to make the Angry Birds brand into something similiar to Disney. E.g. A company called Lappset has been building Angry Birds playgrounds for kids all over Finland. It's a bit smaller scale compared to Disneyland, but it's something. Imo they've done pretty well considering that Angry Birds came out only few years back.
    There's a reason why Disney became so big, they came with something revolutionary. And even then it took almost 30 years before they began with any themepark. These guys just come with silly excuses to milk more money.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I saw this on Reddit and, even though Angry Birds merchandise is far from uncommon in the States, this is ridiculous. You could buy and furnish an entire house with Angry Birds merchandise there....

http://imgur.com/a/1fTUC
    I had no idea there were that muchAngry Birds merchandise... And I live in Sweden.

Deleted
    Funny thing is, all of those products in that imgur link were found in one single supermarket, and weren't even all of the stuff in that store in question. And you can bet our supermarkets are nothing like the US behemoths for example. As much as I hate the over the top product placement, their marketing rep is a genius and is making them millions. The quality of the products is sound which proves they've not gone for every hook and line even if it looks like it.

Offtopic, those Danes with their Bonbons rule, sold all over the place in here and without a doubt the best hard candy.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of how insane that amount of merchandising is, I fail to see how the Finnish governement or a question of Rovia owning them has anything to do with this.

That said... Darth Pig looks pretty damn awesome.

To be honest, this whole angry birds thing has gone so far I'm actually ashamed to admit that yes, this shit is coming from my country and fellow finnish people are responsible for it. Definately not something I would be proud of. Times are desperate though and it does help the economy so...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Funny thing is, all of those products in that imgur link were found in one single supermarket, and weren't even all of the stuff in that store in question. And you can bet our supermarkets are nothing like the US behemoths for example. As much as I hate the over the top product placement, their marketing rep is a genius and is making them millions. The quality of the products is sound which proves they've not gone for every hook and line even if it looks like it.

Offtopic, those Danes with their Bonbons rule, sold all over the place in here and without a doubt the best hard candy.
    Its a shame they closed down most of the production. Only like 3 different kinds left now i think.

Have you ever been to Bonbon Land? The amusement park. Loved it as a kid - best part is that you only pay to get in - no need for tickets for rides at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Its a shame they closed down most of the production. Only like 3 different kinds left now i think.

Have you ever been to Bonbon Land? The amusement park. Loved it as a kid - best part is that you only pay to get in - no need for tickets for rides at all.
    Is that not typical at most amusement parks over there?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Is that not typical at most amusement parks over there?
    Nope. Most of them requires you to buy tickets or a wrist band at high prices.

I'm not into candy but Bonbon always was awesome. Det var ju.. snorgott! ;P

Reminds me about the comic Pyton as well, it was a compilation of different comics with that kind of "humour"(lol).

Also finns are crazy, this was the final proof.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-01-08 at 12:08 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    This candy brand even has it's own theme park!
    Lol. I think I've actually been to Bonbon Land when I was a kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    Lol. I think I've actually been to Bonbon Land when I was a kid.
    Love the dog shit ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now you know how it feels to be American.

Honestly, and this speaks volumes about the aggressiveness of American marketing, but that's not all that shocking to me. In the US, pretty much once something becomes popular enough it's milked until the point of no return. I mean for Christ's sake we have stores full of nothing but "as seen on TV" products so an Angry Birds store isn't that farfetched.

I'm kind of shocked Rovio didn't set one up here first as a test run. And they keep making the merch because there's a strong enough demand so you probably ought to be more pissed at the people who keep buying that crap than the companies that make it.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Deleted
    That's nothing compared to Hello Kitty.

jesus what is it with you people and those fucking sensational thread titles. attention whores.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hello Kitty is one of the biggest industries in Japan with a couple of decades behind it. Angry Birds is what, 4 years old?
    Yes, i know. I was just saying it because showing a handful of products from Angry Birds franchise isn't really that many merchandise in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    jesus what is it with you people and those fucking sensational thread titles. attention whores.
    Well considering you opened the thread and posted, I'd say they were successful.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.