Thread: New heirlooms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    This isn't one of those additions to the game that makes me think WoW is more awesome. It makes me think WoW is more tedious.

As a practical matter, JP farming is slooooooow now. It probably takes longer to get the upgrade than it did to farm a heirloom back in Wrath.
    That was my other thought on the matter.

It's easier to get VP than it is to get JP in Mists, which seems pretty fucked up, considering most things you buy for JP are junk.

Hell, back in Wrath, I farmed up every piece of BoA gears either through Wintergrasp tokens and/or getting Crusader to unlock that vendor and farming Champion's Seals. It'd be easier to just do that then try to get JP with the low acquisition rate we have now.

Deleted
    Considering both honor and jp have no use (above changing them for petty coin while filling your bags with crap for 2 hours) for any character that has been level 90 for some time, it's logical they are not free.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    I dont know if u realise, but it's common knowledge it isnt hard. It is time-consuming.
    I got a REALLY good laugh out of this. I have no clue why. Probably because it's a painfully obvious argument I haven't seen used often.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Considering both honor and jp have no use (above changing them for petty coin while filling your bags with crap for 2 hours) for any character that has been level 90 for some time, it's logical they are not free.
    The issue is that people who already have to 1-80's have been spending their JP on upgrading JP gear (on their alts) and have none. To farm it up would take longer than getting from 80 - 85.

Blizzard has lost it's mind with this one. We need all heirlooms updated to 1-90 for free. Ok I'm going a bit overboard, but its weird that the pants wasn't 1-90.

They should be updated to 85 for free ... and half the current upgrade cost to push them from 85-90. But I wouldn't be mad if they kept the current cost for 85-90 as long as they went to 85 for free (upgrade. or original cost if you don't have the original)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Pretty sure I could level 3-4 chars from 80-85 in the same amount of time it would take me to farm all that JP, don't really understand the point, I mean, really= 7000jp for a weapon? lol.

Deleted
    Lol, I hoped that Heirlooms 1-85 would be one of the good things from 5.2...

Blizz, people need to work for raiding, not for getting heirlooms..

Hmm reading the replies made me realise I was taking the whole thing wrong...
    I thought that if you had the old one, you could change it with the new one and if you didn;t have it, you would have to spend jp to get it.

Just now i realised that the old piece will be changed by and giving that one and still spending the same amount of jp.
    Now, this means that we must buy the new ones all over again and in that process having the old one destroyed.
    Well this sounds pretty bad... the same price for merely 5 levels, which aren't very hard/slow to get.
    I don't think the grind for jp is worth it though.

If you have the old on, well we could get some jp back for that one, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Too bad those dev's didn't spend that time more on figuring out how to allow us what they promised 3+ years back to be able to use those heirloom on other realms without having to pay real money to transfer a toon with heirlooms in its bags.....now that would of been worth the time then this mess...
    Too bad those devs didn't actually ever promise that. So, no worries there.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 03:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    This isn't one of those additions to the game that makes me think WoW is more awesome. It makes me think WoW is more tedious.

As a practical matter, JP farming is slooooooow now. It probably takes longer to get the upgrade than it did to farm a heirloom back in Wrath.
    A. They said they were boosting JP gain rates next patch.
    B. We don't know if these are the final cost of the upgrades, since the PTR isn't even a week old yet.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

It would be beyond silly to charge anything to receive an upgraded version of a BOA.

I wonder if you can upgrade via DMF
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    It would be beyond silly to charge anything to receive an upgraded version of a BOA.

I wonder if you can upgrade via DMF
    This would be nice. Spend X amount of tickets for the upgrade, in a similar fashion to spending the tickets for the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does seem odd.
    Let's take an old Heirloom...

Original: 80 levels. Cost: 2750 JP. 80 levels for 2750 JP = 34 JP per heirloomed level.
    Upgrade: 10 levels. Cost: 2750 JP. 10 levels for 2750 JP = 275 JP per heirloomed level.

Meaning that in practicality, the upgraded version costs EIGHT TIMES as much for its' innate value.
    Compared to an old heirloom that goes to 85, it costs SIXTEEN TIMES as much for its' innate value.

Ridonkulous.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Im pretty confident this isn't set in stone once blizz realizes the stupidity of making ppl farm JP for 5 levels I bet its changed in some way before it goes live. I play pretty casually at this point I don't have a lot of time to play and it takes a few days of casual play, whether its instancing or questing to get from 80-85. Upgrading your old heirlooms seems pretty pointless and a waste of time unless your a glutton for punishment and having nothing else to do.

Just my 2 cents.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Too bad those devs didn't actually ever promise that. So, no worries there.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 03:41 AM ----------

A. They said they were boosting JP gain rates next patch.
    B. We don't know if these are the final cost of the upgrades, since the PTR isn't even a week old yet.
    Ohh yes it was promised to us during LK that we would be able to use those heirloom on other realms without having to pay real money for transfers....whether it be devs or Ghostcrawler blizzard did state that fact when they introduced Heirloom gear back in LK expansion....