Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dendrome... Beyond the barrier!

So, do we know what's back there yet?

If not, I have some theories.

I think there's an intact empyrean city or something in there. Look at the highways. They aren't broken like the rest of the world. Also, its green and it doesn't look derpy green like the city core.
    So, are we going to get to meet some empyreans? Will we just find dusky old tomes left by them explaining how to activate thier technology? Will we launch ourselves into worlds beyond telara once we retake and repair the city? Will it be like star gate Atlantis? Will we accidentally awaken some new evil by tampering with technology beyond our understanding, far worse than regulos???

EH.. I'M FREAKING OUT.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    No, nothing there! It's just there to freak you out.

Haven't you heard? Rift is dying!

He He.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    So, do we know what's back there yet?
    Sure do...

...it's a cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Sure do...

...it's a cash shop.
    And here I was hoping it was space combat

[URL=http://www.directupload.net][/

here is another piece of the map but there isnt anything special guess there must be something in the middle

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patience gentlemen!

If I had to wager a guess, I'm thinking it might be a city that remains to be accessed.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    hopefully it will come with 2.2 . im very excited for this zone

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok he's an even better one. You know what's behind the dome?

Tina Turner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curse you OP!

Now I'm all curious as to what the hell is there.

Deleted
    I went to the dendrome on Alpha about half a year ago... I remember... a Lighthouse and some cows, also their with this massive sort of Area the opended up to the oceon, which would be perfect for some sort of Sea-Collusus battle :P

Mind you this was when SL was in an extremley early stage, literally all Ashora was Sand and nothing had proper texture or models in =)

More then likely the Estrian Race I data mined like a year ago. If there is a light house, then that proves Plantouched Wilds is basically a live server side Dev testing ground to see how content does under live server conditions.

I strongly doubt Estrian will be playable, but would not rule anything out in a expansion (other playable racesis long over fucking due btw in case any Trion devs read this). That could be where Torvan goes after you finish that quest line and free her from Crucia. I got no damn idea.

One thing is for sure. Once one of the top guilds kills Regulos that is it for dragons. We need a new plot basically. I would really appreciate a Regulos kill and see what he says after he dies.

It is interesting that the roads are intact unlike most other places. I too am very curious. I think it will be something along the lines of an Empyrean City that has not been destroyed, but we will be unable to fully activate their technology. I am hoping it is some sort of objective based PvP zone where you have to hold on to the Empyrean Towers and can use them to fend of attacks or some such and perhaps also be the new Conquest map. Only time will tell though.

I think its also worth noting that dendrome is the furthest place from the infinite gate so they would have had more time to prepare themselves. Maybe they erected the barrier in time to save themselves. They would have had to find a new power source because empyrean tech stopped working till Regulos pierced the ward 20 years ago.
    So they probably have an entirely different technology.

Or maybe they fled before the ward was erected through a star gate and we will get to explore new worlds in a future expansion. O.O

Sort of a high fantasy, space elves thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I went to the dendrome on Alpha about half a year ago... I remember... a Lighthouse and some cows, also their with this massive sort of Area the opended up to the oceon, which would be perfect for some sort of Sea-Collusus battle :P

Mind you this was when SL was in an extremley early stage, literally all Ashora was Sand and nothing had proper texture or models in =)
    *coughyourstillunderndacough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I'm sure their are people doing far worse than telling you about a Light House =)

Some more pieces of the puzzle.

Look at all those bridges. What possible design reason could they have for that? I think its because there's a settlement built around that bay, like a small city.

also,

I think this is the lighthouse he was talking about. So, he isn't breaking the NDA now because you can find it in game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think this is the lighthouse he was talking about. So, he isn't breaking the NDA now because you can find it in game
    I think it looks like the Dark Mark, signaling Lord Voldemort's return.

That little beach is called Bightshore Cove. I managed to get past the barrier, but they put another barrier around Dendrome extending out several hundred feet. I almost managed to swim off the storm legion map. I actually managed to circle around and got bored when I basically got close to Brevane.

If Elrar is reading NO I did not exploit an ability or anything. In the upper right hand corner of Ashora where the mountain drops off you fall to the other side of the barrier and die in the water when the fatigue hits you, but if you soul walk you take no damage while dead, so you can explore all you want lol. To bad there is not shit to see and I must have swim for 30 minutes looking for gaps in the barrier to see Dendrome with no success

I miss the old bug where Rogues could warp through Trion invisible walls

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    NDA went poof when the game went retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    NDA went poof when the game went retail.
    No it didn't. There's lots of things I still can't tell anyone.