Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Yes because a homosexual would be running on the Republican ticket.
    Log Cabin Republicans, son.

    'We know you hate us for being homosexual, but we love what you claim to stand for, so we are with you all the way!'

  2. #102
    A lot is gonna happen before 2016.Where we are right now is not where we will be .If the debt is drastically reduced and the structure of the government looks responsible and is delivering all those cookies while the economy is again flowering a 3 to 4 % growth rate i think the people will elect a democrat no doubt who that is i cant say right now but i doubt it will be Hillary Clinton .

    If the economy buckles under our debt and things are bad and i mean real bad which is entirely possible . And our president keeps on with his campaign like style to say not my fault elect this person to carry my torch and taxes having gone up on us all and the EPA with there 6000 + new regulations and people are hungry for work. Who in there right mind would continue to support the democratic party .

    There is nothing more i hate than stupid politicians and there is a lot of them on both sides of the isle. I miss when ideology vs ideology came down to a compromise that seemed the best for our country now its party vs party as a democrat it bothers me our president is a smug prick sticking it to the other guys and making the destruction of the republican party his goal over our best interests and the Republican party is inept at the presidents style of game and man they look bad . Inept is never good .


    I think Chris Christie is the most charismatic the Republicans have Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush have a strong chance to impress the nation as well as a few others .

    And like i said i doubt Hillary Clinton will throw her hat in and if so it would be only under the first scenario but even then i think we will have a governor who may not even be on the stage yet nationaly that will blow our socks off, and Elizabeth Warren ha ha ... no i don't think so ... file that one under stupid .

  3. #103
    Warchief Kivimetsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A fascistic nightmare...
    Posts
    2,162
    Nope.

    Rand Paul vs. Hillary Clinton.

  4. #104
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why not Elizabeth Warren? Is there some other democrat you like? Clinton?
    Frankly, I don't like any of the Democrats circulated as potential nominees at this time. Clinton is... well, a Clinton. Warren's the initiator of the "you didn't build that nonsense".

    Upon closer look, I guess I like Julian Castro; I could vote for him if the Republicans field someone terrible. He seems like an all around better version of Obama. Maybe Andrew Cuomo too.
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

  5. #105
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,293
    No. Even the GOP is not that far gone. They tried Palin the first time because, before she had the light of the public eye shined on her, she seemed like a competent and intelligent politician. Then she opened her mouth, and proved everyone wrong. Added to the fact that most people cannot tell the difference between her and Tina Fey (fun fact: most of the Sarah Palin "quotes" you've heard were actually Tina Fey doing a Sarah Palin impersonation on SNL), and I guarantee that the Republican party is done with her.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Frankly, I don't like any of the Democrats circulated as potential nominees at this time. Clinton is... well, a Clinton. Warren's the initiator of the "you didn't build that nonsense".

    Upon closer look, I guess I like Julian Castro; I could vote for him if the Republicans field someone terrible. He seems like an all around better version of Obama. Maybe Andrew Cuomo too.
    Yeah, you're not serious about it if you dismiss someone off that much.

  7. #107
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Yeah, you're not serious about it if you dismiss someone off that much.
    Serious about what? Voting for Clinton? Probably; I don't think she will run largely because I don't think she'd win unless her opponent was Todd Akin.

    Or Warren? Because, again, I'd vote for Obama's dog first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    No. Even the GOP is not that far gone. They tried Palin the first time because, before she had the light of the public eye shined on her, she seemed like a competent and intelligent politician. Then she opened her mouth, and proved everyone wrong. Added to the fact that most people cannot tell the difference between her and Tina Fey (fun fact: most of the Sarah Palin "quotes" you've heard were actually Tina Fey doing a Sarah Palin impersonation on SNL), and I guarantee that the Republican party is done with her.
    Tina Fey ought to have won an award for Best Character Assassination.

    That said, Palin isn't going to run because a). she enjoys the audience Fox and the like provides her (and the money) and b). she wouldn't win. Not only was her reputation destroyed before she even had a chance, but she's burned any bridges she has back into politics by prematurely leaving the governorship and touring the U.S. to talk about lord knows what.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-01-08 at 05:38 AM.
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

  8. #108
    Pandaren Monk Willeonge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Greyt Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    1,997
    Sarah would make less money as POTUS than what she does now, why the hell would she do that?
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

    “A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

    - King Stannis Baratheon

  9. #109
    So you face one of the worst democratic presidential-elects in recent history against THE worst republican presidential elects in recent history?

    If this is what we have to look forward too in 2016... I'll start building my bunker-buster-proof-bunker right about now...

    Glad I have a huge back yard.

    Not hating on women btw. I would very happily WELCOME a woman president, so long as they aren't either psycho (Clinton) or lazy (Palin).

  10. #110
    I am Murloc! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    5,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2016 will be Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Sarah Palin.

    First woman president 2016=D
    If Sarah Palin ever gets any legitimate spot in office, all faith in humanity will be shattered.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 05:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Not hating on women btw. I would very happily WELCOME a woman president, so long as they aren't either psycho (Clinton) or lazy (Palin).
    Of all the words you choose for Palin, you chose lazy?

    YOU sir are the lazy one here

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    Currently playing a White Mage/Bard in FFXIV and crying that I enjoy healer abuse

  11. #111
    Hilary won't run. Politics is getting to her. Her best bet is to take an adviser role like Bill. The Rep candidate will probably be Jeb Bush. I am FL and an Independent that usually votes Democrat. Jeb wasn't too bad of a guy, can't see him at the national level though. I like Christie but I don't see him winning the political battle. Image > substance in this country unfortunately.

    Someone mentioned Rubio. If he even makes it to nomination then the country is in dire trouble.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Of all the words you choose for Palin, you chose lazy?

    YOU sir are the lazy one here
    Yeah, not so much.

    Look at how much she spent on nonsensical bullshit in her term as Alaska's governor. Then look at her recent political history. THEN look at the fact that she said she was leaving politics for good. Her idiotic TV reality show not withstanding...

    How is that NOT a lazy politician?

  13. #113
    I am Murloc! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    5,681
    John Edwards should run again.


  14. #114
    Over 9000! PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    9,885
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Isn't Hillary getting too old to be president? She will be 70 if she is elected, by the time her first term is over she will be almost 3 quarters of a century old.
    Didn't matter when we elected Reagan. I do think she's the most qualified person for the job right now, especially if she still has that bug in her craw about taking on OPEC.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    It is impossible for a tear of sadness to land on a Warrior Beard. As soon as the tear lands on the Warrior Beard, it is now a happy tear.
    5:10 AM - Everything Nice: PizzaSHARK, you're my stand in! You're promoted to like.. Semi-bestfriend.
    MMOC IRC!

  15. #115
    Palin is dead. She can't win overall, so she won't get in, though she might still have some dreams with it being a realistic option. It would be a boon for the democrats if she did, though ;D
    Dunno who they would have as candidate now, though.
    I haven't been following America much after the election. Probably won't look much the next couple of years either, since so much still can change.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  16. #116
    Over 9000! Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    9,704
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    John Edwards should run again.
    And Blagojevich as running mate?
    Now that would be a hilarious duo.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 11:07 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Isn't Hillary getting too old to be president? She will be 70 if she is elected, by the time her first term is over she will be almost 3 quarters of a century old.
    There's another problem, and that's a rather personal one.... Bill's health isn't the best either anymore.
    I truly believe it's time for them to claim the rest of their lives for themselves. They both earned it, and deserve it.

  17. #117
    Scarab Lord cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    4,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampurity View Post
    2016: Hillary Clinton v. Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush.

    Called it.
    Yeah, this or something close to it. Hilary is not necessarily a lock for 2016, although at this time it's hard to picture someone beating her out if she decides to run.

    Palin is out forever as a national candidate. No one serious in the GOP will back her aside from the enormous fundraising her idiot follows throw at her at events (apologies for the poor sentence structure).

    Bush will have troubles with his name garnering negative reactions, even though he is, ironically, the best of the Bush family. Rubio is a frighteningly good candidate, and an obvious choice for the top spot or the VP slot.

    Do not ignore Christie. He is a monster of a good person (although he's gotta lose some weight before he runs nationally).
    Last edited by cubby; 2013-01-08 at 05:28 PM.
    The less you know, the more you believe.


    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Yeah, not so much.

    Look at how much she spent on nonsensical bullshit in her term as Alaska's governor. Then look at her recent political history. THEN look at the fact that she said she was leaving politics for good. Her idiotic TV reality show not withstanding...

    How is that NOT a lazy politician?
    ...I think you do not understand what the word "lazy" means. :P

    From everything you wrote, it sounds like she's not lazy at all. For the above I would use the terms "Erratic", "Random", "Impulsive", and "self-serving" - but never "Lazy". :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  19. #119
    Pit Lord breadisfunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Not Palin again. No. The world will weep at the notion.
    and democrats would dance for joy because that would essentially hand them the election on a silver platter.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and democrats would dance for joy because that would essentially hand them the election on a silver platter.
    Very true... but I don't believe Palin is about politics anymore - she's just about making money talking about politics these days.

    To that end, I fully expect Palin to "hint" that she may run for 2016, just to drum her up some new business and get people to buy her books, then when the time gets close she'll say "no" and offer an excuse - probably something to get an emotional reaction like "I'd rather be with family" or some such nonsense.

    The worst part is, she really doesn't even have to drop a hint. People like the OP and the News Networks will already drop the hint for her, wether she wanted to or not. :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •