Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Hastings, that isn't the GOP tagline. 'Blame the President' is how they roll when Dems are in the WH, and when they have it the tagline is 'If you question the president, you are a traitor'. It is kind of sad, really.
    I don't particularly like to demonize either party, but you're absolutely right about this. I see both parties making excuses for their president left and right when he's in power, but Republicans turned a blind eye to just about everything when Bush was running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    This^. You have to break it to fix it. At some point the GOP has to decide. The GOP is not even an option anymore for lots of voters.

Christie will switch parties and run as a Dem with Castro.
    the gop needs to do the same with the fundamentlist right in their party. it really turns off the more moderate voters. and having to listen to the gop talk about social issues is starting to make me scared what will happen to all the progress with social reform that has been made in the past decade or two if they do get elected back into the white house.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2016 will be Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Sarah Palin.

First woman president 2016=D

Palin already cost them one election so don't get to upset when that never happens.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

Laniakea Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    the gop needs to do the same with the fundamentlist right in their party. it really turns off the more moderate voters. and having to listen to the gop talk about social issues is starting to make me scared what will happen to all the progress with social reform that has been made in the past decade or two if they do get elected back into the white house.
    Yeah, I'm going to be lobbying like a mad man in 2014 and 2016 for Texas to go blue, not sure which office I'll be working for though yet.

If the Republicans lose Texas, it'll be a fucking huge blow.

And I couldn't consider voting for a Republican at all unless they became socially liberal, but then I don't really agree with their economic policies...so
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Yeah, I'm going to be lobbying like a mad man in 2014 and 2016 for Texas to go blue, not sure which office I'll be working for though yet.

If the Republicans lose Texas, it'll be a fucking huge blow.

And I couldn't consider voting for a Republican at all unless they became socially liberal, but then I don't really agree with their economic policies...so
    nah they still have the south and the bible belt locked down along with idaho and alaska. florida has a pretty big voting count still.once they lose florida then they might be in serious trouble.

nah they still have the south and the bible belt locked down along with idaho and alaska. florida has a pretty big voting count still.once they lose florida then they might be in serious trouble.
    I don't know, there are a lot of rumours flying around and the fact that Democrats are starting to lobby hard down here in Texas, it could become a swing state by 2016.

Here's their site:
    http://www.battlegroundtexas.com/content/home
    "Then we have found, as it seems, that the many beliefs of the many about what's fair and about the other things roll around somewhere between not-being and being purely and simply." - Plato: Republic

I don't know, there are a lot of rumours flying around and the fact that Democrats are starting to lobby hard down here in Texas, it could become a swing state by 2016.

Here's their site:
    i meant that even if they lose texas they still have all those other states locked down.

Here's their site:
    With the increase in people that live in cities, the increase of educated people, and the increase of legal immigrants, Texas could very well start turning blue-ish. I'm not thinking it will be in play in 2016, but by 2020 it certainly could be.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 01:22 AM ----------

i meant that even if they lose texas they still have all those other states locked down.
    Ummm... GOP doesn't have Florida locked down, and Texas has an huge amount of EC votes (38). By comparison, Alaska has 3 EC votes to Hawaii's 4.

True, though they did lose Florida to the Democrats in the 2012 election, and in the 2008 election, though both elections were pretty close.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    With the increase in people that live in cities, the increase of educated people, and the increase of legal immigrants, Texas could very well start turning blue-ish. I'm not thinking it will be in play in 2016, but by 2020 it certainly could be.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 01:22 AM ----------

Ummm... GOP doesn't have Florida locked down, and Texas has an huge amount of EC votes (38). By comparison, Alaska has 3 EC votes to Hawaii's 4.
    I think how the immigration reform plays out will have a decent effect on potential votes in Texas, after all, there is a huge immigrant population here. And in Florida, and California, New Mexico, Arizona. (For immigration)
    Last edited by Hastings; 2013-03-11 at 05:28 AM.

i just pray on my life its not that clown mitt romney.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    i just pray on my life its not that clown mitt romney.
    there are much worse candidates than mitt romney.

there are much worse candidates than mitt romney.
    well that goes without question, you could pick any hillbilly and i'd agree with you.

well that goes without question, you could pick any hillbilly and i'd agree with you.
    mitt romney isnt that bad compared to say sarah palin,mike huckabee or rick santorum or even michelle bachman. i'd even pick him over george w. bush any day.

Given Rand Paul's recent posturing, I wouldn't be surprised if he made a move for a GOP nomination. Democrat, I have no clue.

mitt romney isnt that bad compared to say sarah palin,mike huckabee or rick santorum or even michelle bachman. i'd even pick him over george w. bush any day.
    While I agree with you, I just have to say how pitiful that group of recent nominees you've mentioned is for the republican party. GWB was a complete sham, and I think everyday how much better off this country would be if Al Gore were running the country. The republican is just out of touch with the youth/minory and we've recently all started voting.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Hopefully the republicans will have someone who is more likable and resilient to media hits.
    The republicans will always have someone who Fox loves and the rest of the media despises. In like fashion, the democrat candidate will have the exact opposite responses. So "likable" ends up being in the eyes of the beholder and will as long as we stay beholden to the 2 party system and allow ourselves to get divided along political lines.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 06:20 AM ----------

While I agree with you, I just have to say how pitiful that group of recent nominees you've mentioned is for the republican party. GWB was a complete sham, and I think everyday how much better off this country would be if Al Gore were running the country. The republican is just out of touch with the youth/minory and we've recently all started voting.
    You said "sham" and "Al Gore" in the same sentence without equating the two. I found that humorous. =)

Sarah Palin will win the Republican nomination when pigs fly. Anyone suggesting anything to the contrary just proves how truly warped and exaggerated their view of the GOP's troubles is.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Sarah Palin will win the Republican nomination when pigs fly. Anyone suggesting anything to the contrary just proves how truly warped and exaggerated their view of the GOP's troubles is.
    didnt she get vp once already? that alone speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2016 will be Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Sarah Palin.

First woman president 2016=D
    Palin doesn't stand a chance. She has been a walking joke since she was even nominated for vice president. You'll probably see Ryan as the Republican's choice. As for Hillary, I'd like to say you'll see her, but at most I think you'll see her as a VP candidate. A lot of Americans aren't exactly happy with how Obama is turning out. He's down to a 43% approval rating. Americans are going to go with something safe most likely next time, and that means a white male.

didnt she get vp once already? that alone speaks volumes.
    She only got the the VP nod because they were trying to beat the first timeness of a black candidate by having a female one. Even the Republicans themselves complained about how bad it backfired by giving her the nod.

Clinton/Warren vs. Rubio/Christie