Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hillary is not all that interested in politics anymore. I doubt she'll run in 2016. And the Republican party won't risk another fiasco with Palin. I'm betting on older, white, southern male born from privilege....possibly another Bush. Democrats did well with the minority thing, I wouldn't be surprised to see a woman or a hispanic leading the charge for the blues.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Hell there may not even be a republican party by 2016. . .

Rand Paul 2016!

Hillary isn't going to run. Dems might be Biden or Cuomu.

Reps will probably be Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio, with the other as VP. If Reps are smart they will have Christie in there, but he is too 'maverick' for them, at the moment, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Reps will probably be Jeb Bush or Marco Rubio, with the other as VP. If Reps are smart they will have Christie in there, but he is too 'maverick' for them, at the moment, I think.
    I don't know, Christie is really good at that whole "two faced" thing that Republicans seem to excel at.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I don't know, Christie is really good at that whole "two faced" thing that Republicans seem to excel at.
    I know, but a bunch of GOPers were doing the no true scotsman to him when he bad mouthed Boehner.

Hey, if it's between that and the other (current) jackasses I'd take Christie as far as candidates go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2016 will be Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Sarah Palin.

First woman president 2016=D
    After how Palin was attacked in 2008, not a chance she'll run; After Benghazi and Benghazi-gate, not a chance Hilary will run; just my thoughts on the matter.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    After how Palin was attacked in 2008, not a chance she'll run; After Benghazi and Benghazi-gate, not a chance Hilary will run; just my thoughts on the matter.
    You realize that only the people who vote R down the ticket are the ones who believe in 'benghazi-gate', right? That isn't an issue to factor in for a (D) candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, but a bunch of GOPers were doing the no true scotsman to him when he bad mouthed Boehner.
    Yeah, Boehner could stand to get knocked down a peg or two and realize he ain't running the asylum.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clinton/Castro 2016. You heard it here first.

Yeah, Boehner could stand to get knocked down a peg or two and realize he ain't running the asylum.
    You see he 'vowed to not do another one on one meeting with Obama'? So you, as the House Speaker, have decided you will never talk to the President face to face again? Faaaabulous.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize that only the people who vote R down the ticket are the ones who believe in 'benghazi-gate', right? That isn't an issue to factor in for a (D) candidate.
    Sir, I will eat my hand if Hilary runs. As far as Benghazi, 2 of those guys that died were my friends. The facts of Benghazi haven't been made known as it would be a brutal embarrassment to the administration. and I can tell you without hesitation there wont be a movie about it, the only stuff that gets leaked is what makes the administration look good.

It's disgusting to me that the admin would prefer to protect their political flanks than to do the right thing and watch the backs of the folks THEY sent into harm's way.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2013-01-07 at 05:19 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2016 will be Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Sarah Palin.

First woman president 2016=D
    I weep for those who would call Sarah Palin president.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Sir, I will eat my hand if Hilary runs. As far as Benghazi, 2 of those guys that died were my friends. The facts of Benghazi haven't been made known as it would be a brutal embarrassment to the administration. and I can tell you without hesitation there wont be a movie about it, the only stuff that gets leaked is what makes the administration look good.
    I've already said I don't think Hillary is going to run. However, I maintain my position that Benghazi is not a factor for anyone that isn't already voting GOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    You see he 'vowed to not do another one on one meeting with Obama'? So you, as the House Speaker, have decided you will never talk to the President face to face again? Faaaabulous.
    Probably just means one-on-one, Obama is pretty intimidating in person, and Boehner is scared.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see a Christie/Rubio ticket.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The only guy with enough social sense in the republican camp, that is capable to draw democrat votes. But then, I wouldn't be surprised if he switched camps.
    If they piss him off just one more time, I can see that happen.
    Not a chance. Christie (for better or worse) speaks his mind. He called Boehner out for tabling the relief bill, not because he thinks Republicans are stupid. For every time he ridicules the GOP, he gets into two shouting matches with NJ's legislature and teacher's union.

People only switch parties nowadays because they think it is more politically convienient. See Arlen Specter or Charlie Christ. Chris Christie, like most of us, sees problems in today's Republican party, but he certainly isn't going to jump ship.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    I'd hope the Republican party would have enough sense to nominate someone sane after their latest failings.

They dont stand a chance to win until they finally make up and kick the teaparty out of the GOP. That right wing extremism will drive away folks for generations to come unless they get serious about kicking them out of the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    They dont stand a chance to win until they finally make up and kick the teaparty out of the GOP. That right wing extremism will drive away folks for generations to come unless they get serious about kicking them out of the party.
    I think the original teneaments of the tea party were good, which was mainly keep the government accountable and keep expendatures in control. Then the religious crazies took ahold of it, and made it one of the most irrational politicals ects ive ever seen. We just need to kick the extreme social conservatives back into their little hidey hole.