Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why is 2x Kilrak BiS?

Sword from Amber-Shaper has the sameilvl and same secondary stats, can also put a crit gem of 320 into it. I just relized this. Wouldn't that be better? Obviously i wont see kilrak heroic for awhile, but just thinking ahead

If you are using askmrrobot.com the best answer I have for you is that it's been acting screwy the last couple of days

It originally showed the Amber shaper sword as best in slot for my mainhand with Kilrak in offhand
    Then they swapped
    Now it shows dual wielding kilrak

Seen some other strange stuff going on as well like it equipting relic of lee shen as my Bis option yet when I go to the dropdown showing gear statistics it rates the elementium dragonling much higher. even though it's a blue

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kilrak have 80+ extra str and 80+ extra secondary stats but that's not enough to beat an extra socket

maybe it's a bug and the spreadsheet counts the unique-equipped gem 2 times

Kil'rak x1 and Scimitar x1 should be BiS, the gem will make it better.

Deleted
    At this moment, because within a few quests we will get the chance to add an socket to those weapons right?
    Probly makes 2 sha touched weapons better. Or am i dreaming?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't use Ask Mr Robot, it's a crap site unless you know how to use it well, and if you know how to do that you don't need it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Don't use Ask Mr Robot, it's a crap site unless you know how to use it well, and if you know how to do that you don't need it anyways.
    So... Basically like any other tool in the world. Only as good as its user.

AMR doesn't take an awful lot of know-how to use, just put in your stat weights and change a few tick-boxes and you're done. If you can put in some effort, you will get more out of it. If you leave it default, as with every similar program, you will get false information back.

Obviously every program can't be 100% perfect and may have bugs, this is where common sense comes into play; a good example being these weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrius View Post
    Sword from Amber-Shaper has the sameilvl and same secondary stats, can also put a crit gem of 320 into it. I just relized this. Wouldn't that be better? Obviously i wont see kilrak heroic for awhile, but just thinking ahead
    Yes, it's better to have the 320 crit gem. A second Kilrak is pointless unless they decide at some point that the legendary gems aren't unique-equipped anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Kilrak MH, Scitimar OH is BiS.
    Currently using Scimitar MH, Kilrak OH (as I had Scimitar first and I'm still running with Dancing Steel/Wind Song). Damage and speed wise they're the same, so if both have been upgraded (or well, if both are of the same iLvl), then there's no difference, is there?

Deleted
    Correct, if both are same ilevel there's no difference whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    So... Basically like any other tool in the world. Only as good as its user.

AMR doesn't take an awful lot of know-how to use, just put in your stat weights and change a few tick-boxes and you're done. If you can put in some effort, you will get more out of it. If you leave it default, as with every similar program, you will get false information back.

Obviously every program can't be 100% perfect and may have bugs, this is where common sense comes into play; a good example being these weapons.
    No, not really. Saying "any other tool in the world Only as good as its user." ignores the very important fact that tools have varying degrees of quality, and utility. A Lee Nielsen hand plane is going to be a better woodworking tool than a craftsman one. AMR is a much worse resource, due to inaccuracies, flawed numbers, and bad resources than other tools. Essentially, your statement presumes that all tools are equally useful, which is simply ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    Kilrak have 80+ extra str and 80+ extra secondary stats but that's not enough to beat an extra socket

maybe it's a bug and the spreadsheet counts the unique-equipped gem 2 times
    So if you add a socket to a second kilrak (with the new legendary quest you dont have neccisarily chose your mainhand) it pulls ahead? So maybe thats why amr has it that way. Since the socket can only be added to a sha touched weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    So if you add a socket to a second kilrak (with the new legendary quest you dont have neccisarily chose your mainhand) it pulls ahead? So maybe thats why amr has it that way. Since the socket can only be added to a sha touched weapon
    currently you can only obtain one prismatic so either way its still kilrak and scim as BIS

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    The prismatic socket doesn't affect which hand you put Kil'rak in.

With a same ilvl Kil'rak and Scimitar, you can have either one in whichever hand you prefer. It actually does not matter at all.

AMR most likely weights Scimitar lower because Kil'rak loses no stats for having the Sha-Touched socket - all Sha-Touched weapons have the socket "free." On the other hand, EVERY OTHER item in the game with a socket baseline has stat budget allocated to the socket and socket bonus; if you compare the Scimitar and Kil'rak without their sockets, Kil'rak has 80 more strength, 40 more hit, and 40 more mastery.

Of course the gem will make it pull ahead IF a Sha-Touched gem is unable to be put into Kil'rak (so if you have a 2nd Kil'rak, since Sha gems are Unique-Equipped).
    Last edited by kangamooster; 2013-01-08 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    The hotfix to be able to buy more prismatic sockets is now live, and can confirm that you're able to add the socket to more than one weapon and have them function fine. So yeah now double kil'rak is bis.

Yup, now that you can add the Prismatic socket on other Sha-Touched weapons, another Kil'rak in OH w/ socket should be better than Kil'rak + Scimitar.

Basically - assuming the same ilvl, Kil'rak + socket > Kil'rak no socket > Scimitar > Elegion. The Kil'rak can go in either hand as long as Scimitar/Elegion is a higher ilvl (normal Kil'rak + H Elegion for example). Either way you always want some version of Kil'rak equipped for the 500 gem. The LFR one might not be worth it if you're comparing to just heroic weapons but that'd be something you'd have to sim.
    Last edited by kangamooster; 2013-01-11 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    Well, higher ilevel weapon always goes in main hand, nothing changes in that regard. In your example of normal kil'rak and h elegion you'd always put elegion in main hand unless for some reason you'd upgraded kil'rak above elegion.

I dont think adding prismatic sockets to multiple worn weapons is intended

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as I was BiS, I now need to get a 2nd kil'rak, lifes rough ;(

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)