Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Garalon "bug" or "exploit" or just "cleaver use of mechanics" ?

    Hi, I just wanted to know if using the tactic of someone taking the debuff out of the raid, completely trivializing the encounter (don't need any healers)

    I mean, is it clever use of game mechanics? OR Down right cheating and you should be burned at the stake?

    Edit: Removed the details in case it is an exploit....
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-01-06 at 08:08 PM.

  2. #2
    I"m not sure the gateways can go through walls, but I know warlock portals can. I'm curious how/if this would work.

  3. #3
    I have never heard of this

  4. #4
    to me it sounds like an exploit, since it denies a mechanic of the boss, making the fight trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

  5. #5
    In normal and heroic mode the debuff doesn't have a cap. Wouldn't the healer therefore die at a certain point during the encounter before the boss is dead?

  6. #6
    1. Bosses always ignore walls so he would reset as soon as he his outside the wall.
    2. Pheremones also ignore the wall, so you would die in about 40 sec.
    That guy (>'.')>


    WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    1. Bosses always ignore walls so he would reset as soon as he his outside the wall.
    2. Pheremones also ignore the wall, so you would die in about 40 sec.

    Well that's what I was thinking, until i did it just now on my alt......and I'm kinda worried about the consequences of it :S

  8. #8
    I take it all of you are talking about the LFR version of the fight or has anyone tested this on normal/heroic yet?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    I take it all of you are talking about the LFR version of the fight or has anyone tested this on normal/heroic yet?
    Talking about normal, and there's no reason why it wouldn't work in heroic mode either I don't think

  10. #10
    Is this considered a good trolling if you only troll the least smarter part of community?
    That guy (>'.')>


    WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

  11. #11
    Well I'm sure it will be fixed pretty sharpish, from what the RL was telling me "everyone on the realm" was doing it.

    Resto druid

    Warlock

    Symbiosis

  12. #12
    The fight Is trivial anyways why not just do it the normal way??

  13. #13
    When I read the title I thought this was going to be a joke thread. "cleaver" instead of clever. I thought it was going to be a joke about cleave classes or something. If Blizzard didn't intend for you to do it, I wouldn't do it.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Is this considered a good trolling if you only troll the least smarter part of community?
    Least smarter?

    Oh dear.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Talking about normal, and there's no reason why it wouldn't work in heroic mode either I don't think
    So, am I correct under the assumption that Garalon will stop pursuing the pheromones once the person with the debuff is dead?
    Meaning that the pheromones kiter could just run to the start of the instance and die which would then turn the fight into a tank'n'spank?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    So, am I correct under the assumption that Garalon will stop pursuing the pheromones once the person with the debuff is dead?
    Meaning that the pheromones kiter could just run to the start of the instance and die which would then turn the fight into a tank'n'spank?
    Kick someone from the raid group and they will be ported out after a minute I think. That's probably what they're doing. That person should still be eligible for loot, as well.

  17. #17
    General rule of thumb: If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    673
    pritty sure what im getting out of this is itll only work in lfr as its caped at 30k ticks in normal or heroic youll just die after a certian point like 1 min in or so
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    pritty sure what im getting out of this is itll only work in lfr as its caped at 30k ticks in normal or heroic youll just die after a certian point like 1 min in or so
    The raid won't take damage if there is nobody in the raid with pheramones on them... What is being talked about isn't having someone die with the debuff, but having the person with the debuff completely leave the instance.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    The raid won't take damage if there is nobody in the raid with pheramones on them... What is being talked about isn't having someone die with the debuff, but having the person with the debuff completely leave the instance.
    Garalon pursues you even if you have pheromones and are outside of his wall.

    He then despawns once he's over the wall. Also, he still does Crushes. Also, it still stacks and has no range limit, so no matter how many speed increases you have, your whole raid will die to too many stacks. Inb4 you say hearth, the damage ticks will break Hearth casts anyway.

    It's also not that hard of a heroic fight to warrant such exploiting (if it even worked).

    source: Countless wipes on heroic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •