Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Serious Question

Anyone else think that whoever is behind having blood fear nerfed into costing 20% HP and a huge CD should be fired?

I mean just think.. Warrior and feral bursting you in arena you are at 50%hp and dropping fast, only option is to fear so you cast fear on yourself lose 20% HP and the warrior hit zerking rage in about .2 billaseconds and breakes it and kills you. So basically you just killed yourself and accomplished nothing.

I'm sorry but they took that nerf WAY to far and its almost a joke like they are trolling warlocks.

Just my 2 cents

Deleted
    I still agree with them when they say that's there's too much instant CC now. I don't mind so much tbh

Edit: To clarify, no, I don't think he should be fired for something so trivial.
    Last edited by mmocd4822a5538; 2013-01-06 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Clarification

Deleted
    Basically because someone made one decision they should lose their way of making a living, over reaction much?

I dont think the nerf is quite that bad

Over reaction? All us warlocks pay to play this game just like everyone else, and go take a look and tell me how many locks are in the top arena ratings right now..
    Even with blood fear we still were crap. I have never re rolled in my life but now im thinking of going rouge, i mean i watched rekful play a rouge on PTR last night and it was just laughable, i cant imagine a rouge on me after 5.1 with no fear to use.

Deleted
    it is a huge over reaction, because a decision was made that person cant afford to live? remember these decisions are made be real people not robots and that nerf isnt that bad, there's been bigger nerfs in wows history, dont pull the 'how many of X class is in top arena' either.

If i suck at my job i expect to get fired. Thats real life. he sucks at his.

10+ Year Old Account
    if u suck as warlock its not his problem.. i meet plenty off warlocks in arena and they all have insane dmg and insane self heal..

Uh... how about no?

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Over reaction? All us warlocks pay to play this game just like everyone else, and go take a look and tell me how many locks are in the top arena ratings right now..
    Even with blood fear we still were crap. I have never re rolled in my life but now im thinking of going rouge, i mean i watched rekful play a rouge on PTR last night and it was just laughable, i cant imagine a rouge on me after 5.1 with no fear to use.
    rather they delete your toons and lose your buisness than fire the guy
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

I actually dont suck as warlock. and i really cant wait till you fellas get into an arena and get smashed on cause you have the worst defensive CD in the game.
    Really cannot wait.

Deleted
    except its not sucking at his job to do a nerf, his job is balancing, some times you have to nerf one thing see how it works and tweak it later on, especially since its a company decision not a single person

10+ Year Old Account
    If we have to believe xelnath, the mage dev is taking care of warlocks now.

Also, anyone thinking this nerf is not that bad... YOU ARE WRONG!
    Aside from blood fear and easily avoidable burst on a 2min cooldown, warlocks don't really bring anything to the fight.

It's because of blood fear we can give our warriors and mages the time to blow someone up. We can interrupt heals with it, prevent that feral from instant cycloning, prevent a mage from using pom rof during alter time, etc. There are so many possibilities of things you can do with blood fear that simply aren't possible with the normal fear.

Also, by interrupting normal fear, you make an affliction warlock to use anything but felflame. A destro warlock on the other hand will be unable to cast chaos bolt, since it's in the shadow school.
    While blood fear was too strong and a nerf was needed, this simply is not the solution.

Hey look Niberion actually understands. It's about time someone who actually plays a lock in pvp see's the huge mistake they are making.
    Try getting a choas bolt off in arena without blood fear and tell me how that works out with 2 melee beating the snot out of you 24/7.

While I dont feel someone should lose their job, I agree in the belief that Blood Fear was nerfed a -bit- harder then maybe it should've been. Kind of seems the way blizz approaches warlocks, We start off amazing then they slowly turn us back into shit, if you play a lock you should be accustomed to this treatment
    Last edited by Drakile; 2013-01-06 at 11:49 PM.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by gwhit21 View Post
    I still agree with them when they say that's there's too much instant CC now.
    That's a product of their own making.

Nerf instant CC, then nerf interrupts. And by "interrupts" I don't just mean Pummel, I mean everything that interrupts - gouge, 1-CP kidney, death grip, charge stun, druid knockbacks, etc.

With all of that, unless you use instant CC, it's nearly impossible to get casts off at all against melee.

Deleted
    Why not replace BF with cataclysm, but rather than being a cast time, it activates on melee hit and 'goes off' after a few seconds. Ofc it also won't cost a sec resource anymore.

Honestly im fine with nerfing BF, but the way they are doing it is just lazy and honestly a huge slap in the face that they make millions and billions of dollars and they still cant figure out after 9 years or so how to not OVER nerf a class. spend some more money and hire some people who can represent the classes and make appropriate changes, maybe someone with an IQ over 70 would be nice

It's honestly mind boggling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly im fine with nerfing BF, but the way they are doing it is just lazy and honestly a huge slap in the face that they make millions and billions of dollars and they still cant figure out after 9 years or so how to not OVER nerf a class. spend some more money and hire some people who can represent the classes and make appropriate changes, maybe someone with an IQ over 70 would be nice

Your arguments makes it quite clear that you're driven by rage and frustration, rendering you unable to actually come with solid arguments and any good examples on viable and balanced changes to Blood Fear.

Making posts on how someone should be fired is rather immature and isn't such a great start on a discussion, don't you think?

It has to be changed somehow. Good thing about this game is that stuff can be changed, if they overnerf something they tend to change it again.

How someone thinks that this decision was made by a single person working alone to implement this change and there was no testing or data crunching involved....

Edit:Also this change isnt live yet is it? You're basing something implemented on PTR for TESTING, as a reason for switching classes and firing someone?
    Last edited by Brash; 2013-01-07 at 02:45 AM.

rendering you unable to actually come with solid arguments and any good examples on viable and balanced changes to Blood Fear.
    I didn't make this post to try and get blizz to read it and actually do something about it, i made it because i am frustrated that my main is a lock and now i have to start all over with some other class that isnt complete garbage.

Which is im sure what they want considering ill have to play more, just wish they cared about actually making the game fun not just sucking subscribers in to pay more.
    But its whatever i guess, guess ill just go rouge and kill someone in a smoke bomb from 100 - 0.

That seems like alot more fun than getting trained all game by melee, if you cant beat em, join em i guess.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 02:47 AM ----------

How someone thinks that this decision was made by a single person working alone to implement this change and there was no testing or data crunching involved....
    By the way you CANT make pvp fare by just crunching numbers, you have to actually play it with every comp, try every scenario and see for yourself how good / bad it is.
    And i PROMISE you if they actually tried this out in an arena with melee beating the crap out of them the whole time they wouldn't have even posted these changes.