Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    How does this even matter? Even if Redfern didn't supply a perfectly valid example and there wasn't one this tier, it's important that the OP knows when and how the glyph should or shouldn't be used. I.e. it refuses you the ability to bank mana tea because it restricts the mana return through it's 10 second cooldown in a given amount of time.
    Yes but that's like saying that Crit shouldn't be geared for because it can hit 100% and stop giving a benefit. Sha of Fear Heroic is a special fight because of the cooldown/mana reset mechanic essentially making a 20 stack going in be the same as if you had started a fight like that. It is outside the boundries set by a normal fight for stack generation and time to consume them. The fact that it CAN limit your maximum gain is irrelevant without the context of when that limit actually matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Yes but that's like saying that Crit shouldn't be geared for because it can hit 100% and stop giving a benefit. Sha of Fear Heroic is a special fight because of the cooldown/mana reset mechanic essentially making a 20 stack going in be the same as if you had started a fight like that. It is outside the boundries set by a normal fight for stack generation and time to consume them. The fact that it CAN limit your maximum gain is irrelevant without the context of when that limit actually matters.
    Even without the regen mechanic, I would still prefer not glyphing it for that fight. Starting Phase 2 with 0 or 20 stacks of mana tea is irrelevent, the way you consume them throughout the fight is the same.

However once again I agree with you that this is a special case in terms of fights; 1 boss out of 16 where it would be preferable not to glyph it. Although it does offer a different way to consume stacks as said before instead of being capped at 2 per 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I'm not telling him whether or not to use it, you do realize that? I'm giving completely valid guidelines so the OP can make an informed decision to use the glyph or not, when the time comes. Even if a fight design that does encourage tea banking is an outlier, that doesn't mean he shouldn't know how to identify those fights in the current tier or future tiers so he can get the most out of the class.
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2013-01-10 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    How does this even matter? Even if Redfern didn't supply a perfectly valid example and there wasn't one this tier, it's important that the OP knows when and how the glyph should or shouldn't be used. I.e. it refuses you the ability to bank mana tea because it restricts the mana return through it's 10 second cooldown in a given amount of time.
    If there is a lull in damage, then you could continue using the glyph during that lull to consume the mana tea generated during heavy damage phases. The only fights which possibly allow for non-glyph to be effective is something like feng: But only if there is no end burn-phase. If you don't glyph mana tea, there's no way you're going to effectively consume mana tea during high-damage burn phases, which also happen to be a majority of the fights which technically encourage mana tea banking (IE: Anytime you have enough "regen time" to get mana capped and still be generating/stocking mana tea.) As it happens, the only time mana tea banking could really be "encouraged" was if there was an end burn phase of sorts...so I question when not using the glyph could realistically be useful? I'm not wasting LARGE amounts of globals during high-damage phases. 1/10 is acceptable, and often able to be lined up while the raid is high on health for a moment. (Can also be used with chi torpedo, but so can any other instant.) Chugging for multiple seconds during high damage? Not worthwhile. Too much room for RNG deaths.

As far as heroic sha goes, I do the same thing redfern does, except I still glyph mana tea, and I ended the fight with nearly 100% mana and extra tea stacks (due to being at full mana and thus not using tea stacks). This was also with non-perfect play, I probably generated a few mana tea while at 20 stack while healing huddles, but the glyph wouldnt have changed anything here, nor did the mana matter since its an absurdly easy fight to heal unless RNG stars align (all 5 healers huddled lolwut, hybrid off-healing activate!)
    Last edited by Astraios; 2013-01-10 at 06:16 AM.