Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

(Lore) Your World of Warcraft headcanons

Those little tidbits of lore that you believe, yet aren't mentioned anywhere. Be it by deduction or just made up, they are non-contradictory of established lore and they don't interfere with anything major.

I believe that Quel'thalas' Ranger-Generals have blue uniforms and its part of the position. Both Sylvanas and Halduron wear blue armor, even when it doesn't make sense from a camouflaging perspective, even Vereesa wears blue as R-G of the Silver Covenant (Maybe as a sign of respect of high elven traditions) when she used to wear green.

So, what are your headcanons? The highest the level pf plausibility, the better!

That biotransference, from flesh to metal, is possible with mind remaining unaffected.

By proxy, that there also exists uncorrupted alloy that absorbs light, nullifying its effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That biotransference, from flesh to metal, is possible with mind remaining unaffected.

By proxy, that there also exists uncorrupted alloy that absorbs light, nullifying its effects.
    Mmm, interesting, In what specific concept do you see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Mmm, interesting, In what specific concept do you see this?
    Forsaken, ascending from flesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tushui and Huojin pandaren have hand signs or unique salutes they use to differentiate between one another in an Alliance-Horde battle.

Not every pandaren warrior is a farmer, but every pandaren farmer is a fighter (barring age or other inability), given how dangerous Valley of the Four Winds is. Sho and the occasional adventurer can't be expected to keep the farmlands safe on their own.

Thrall has a wonderful singing voice.

Muradin has begun repairing his relationship with Moira and plays with her son when he visits.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, I'm not the only one then. It surprises me that we haven't seen any forsaken studying Mogu magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Tushui and Huojin pandaren have hand signs or unique salutes they use to differentiate between one another in an Alliance-Horde battle.

Not every pandaren warrior is a farmer, but every pandaren farmer is a fighter (barring age or other inability), given how dangerous Valley of the Four Winds is. Sho and the occasional adventurer can't be expected to keep the farmlands safe on their own.

Thrall has a wonderful singing voice.

Muradin has begun repairing his relationship with Moira and plays with her son when he visits.
    That Huojin/Tushi one is very good.

Hadn't really thought about that. that would be a great niche at the end of the expansion for the forsaken to magically alter their being be it to stone or metal for example. maybe make them able to reproduce in a different way than raising the dead, eliminating the ethics debate around Sylvanas' campaign for 'new ud'

10+ Year Old Account
    When you are healed by the power of the light either by a Paladin or Priest, being healed by the light makes you feel warm-and-fuzzy on the inside.

When you are healed by a Shaman, Druid or Monk who invoke the power of the elements and nature to heal you, it makes you feel cool and refreshed.

Lor'themar Theron is an excellent dancer.

All player characters have a hidden buff called "endure elements" which like the DnD counterpart is why they can wear any armor in any climate comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurisaz View Post
    Hadn't really thought about that. that would be a great niche at the end of the expansion for the forsaken to magically alter their being be it to stone or metal for example. maybe make them able to reproduce in a different way than raising the dead, eliminating the ethics debate around Sylvanas' campaign for 'new ud'
    You know that would actually be freaking awesome! They don't go back to being Humans. They become their own race. Being able to reproduce is also awesome. It's a win win actually for all sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurisaz View Post
    Damn the ethics, let them capture more souls to release them from fleshy prison. Immortal harvesters... Thats something this universe needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You know that would actually be freaking awesome! They don't go back to being Humans. They become their own race. Being able to reproduce is also awesome. It's a win win actually for all sides.
    Even if they can't reproduce, they could retrieve the souls of the fallen and place them in new vessels, keeping their number steady.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a good point about ranger-generals wearing cobalt. I buy it.

I personally think that Lady Liadrin will be the wielder of Quel'Delar, since a) the BE version of that quest was unique and fist-pumping, b) Liadrin never had a weapon in TBC (and will thus need one), and c) Halduron wields Thori'dal. Giving Thalassian heroes the legendary Thalassian weapons seems appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently I've come to believe that the strange region of Tirisfal Glades, the one that drove the elves to flee from it for the sake of their sanity, is a polluted or corrupted Titan place of power, the eastern kingdoms equivalent of Sholazar Basin, Un'Goro Crater, and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. All those places aren't full on Well of Eternity level regions, but kind of satellite wells.

Baine carries a talisman given to him by his father for courage and wisdom while in battle or otherwise defending his homeland.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that the Alliance outcome of ICC's gunship battle is the "lore-correct" rendition.

I believe the titans are vastly more powerful than the old gods

I believe N'zoth looks like a giant, dessicated human heart, half frozen in ice at the bottom of the Maelstrom (with lots of eyes and gnashing teeth)

I believe that hogger is not dead, merely biding his time...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo
    Damn the ethics, let them capture more souls to release them from fleshy prison. Immortal harvesters... Thats something this universe needs.
    If blizzard takes that route with the forsaken, it'll be Sylvanas' head on the raid boss chopping block next

Which is A-OK with me
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Wisps are night elf spirits who chose to remain and help the living night elves, but in turn they forgat much of what they knew. I base this on the fact that wisps are mostly used to extract wood and stuff but night elves rarely talk with them, and when they do, it's mostly about the current state of their surrounding world, or something similar.

Dryads make themselves look stupid by telling dumb jokes to take away from the pressure of the battle from actual fighters. Because it makes people think "that joke was horrible" instead of thinking of the horrors of war for a period. I base this on the fact that the dryads who make most jokes are in regions with worst wars while dryads in regions that are less dangerous make very few jokes, if any.

Dryads don't give birth, they either cut parts of their limbs and from said part a new dryad/keeper grows or lay seeds. I base this on the fact that Cenarius was first. And he was alone. And he was a male, yet he birthed.
    Similar to this, the Therazane's daughter and Zaetar didn't actually "do it", but rather he either layed a seed or cut a part of him and she affected the seed/branch with earth from her body.

Night elves are not prudes and they don't mind others seeing them "do it". I base this on the fact that most of their buildings have no doors or are missing entire walls. It is obvious that if they are "doing it", if someone would be outside they couldn't stop said person from seeing it.

Night elves have a high tolerance to cold and warmth. I base this on the fact that many night elves in Winterspring are dressed in sleveless shirts or similar stuff. And in Silithus, many wear furs when it's a hot desert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arnorei: The idea that night elves might have an exhibitionistic streak in them makes me far more interested in their cultural practices than I should be.

I also adore the idea you put forth that dryads make corny, cheesy jokes on purpose to help their allies relax and as a way to help them keep their heads on straight. In a culture with ten millennia of militarism, I'd imagine being the platoon joker can be an important role in keeping up morale and keeping mental breakdowns to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Night elves are not prudes and they don't mind others seeing them "do it". I base this on the fact that most of their buildings have no doors or are missing entire walls. It is obvious that if they are "doing it", if someone would be outside they couldn't stop said person from seeing it.
    Wrong, Night Elves have no walls and no doors because they almost never do it. This is the reason all the NE male faces are angry and the NE female faces look so coy. Little do the men know the women are lezzing out in the bushes, the traditional NE place to do it.

This is how their race, which was immortal for 10,000 years managed to not overrun the entire planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    Wrong, Night Elves have no walls and no doors because they almost never do it. This is the reason all the NE male faces are angry and the NE female faces look so coy. Little do the men know the women are lezzing out in the bushes, the traditional NE place to do it.

This is how their race, which was immortal for 10,000 years managed to not overrun the entire planet.
    Or they, and high/blood elves, simply have extremely low fertility rates like most other long-lived species do in fantasy settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post

They do it actually. And not to mention with other races too. Half-Night Elf.

I mean what would be the point if they didn't do it with their own race let alone with some other race.