Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Stood in the Fire Malkazam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    427
    Rogue.. Oh god with all those thing you need to watch/refresh

  2. #22
    Although arcane mage rotation is less brain dead than Cata, it is still pretty mind numbing. I would say feral druids but they don't really even have a set rotation. I don't think they ever have either. Hunter's have many cds to manage but other than that it's just 2-3 spammable abilities. Subtlety rogue rotation used to be insane but now that there is no reason to keep recup up it is way easier. Couldn't really tell you which is the most complex I guess, none of them are to much of a degree.

  3. #23
    I'd say hunters atm. They have a lot of short cd's to manage.

  4. #24
    masterfrost DK w/ Plague leech and blood tap.

    Alot harder to execute in a raid setting than something like 2H frost or dw frost w/ runic empowerment / unholy blight.

  5. #25
    Sub rogues, imo.

  6. #26
    I'd have to say Boomkin. Not because of the number of usable skils, which is rather low compared to other classes, but the circumstance of WHEN to use them. Eclipses come into play big time, and the difference between good timing on the eclipses and a bad one is abysmal. The rotation itself is simple... maintain both dots up, starfire to one side, wrath to the other, starsurges on procs... but then a 'metagame' if i may, comes into play. Cooldowns need to be used on certain points to maximize their effectiveness, and more then that, timing those on each fight, to reach certain eclipses on certain fight situations. For instance, reaching Solar Eclipse upon AoE phases (Will HC rage aoe, Elegon sparks) or Lunar Eclipse for burst\single situations.

    Not many classes are complicated, but i'd say boomkin requires the most experience and awareness, whereas most other classes are straight forward rotations\priority system that don't really change according to each fight\situation\whatnot.

    Feral Druid used to be very unforgiving back in WotLK, but then they buffed it big time, extending the duration on most abilities like Rake, Mangle and such, making it a lot simpler.

  7. #27
    I would say Feral Druid with Dream of Cenarius, but there is no spec with a "hard" rotation and most of the complicated ones are either badly designed or bastard playstyles that end up doing more than intended.

  8. #28
    feral with DoC
    enhance with Echo and EF

  9. #29
    Do any classes even use rotations anymore? In terms of complexity due to choice I would say boomkins or demo locks since they both have to make decisions on what to cast when things proc.

  10. #30
    Enhancement Shaman. I haven't touched Demonology since 4.3, but if the lock revamp didn't change it too much that's a pretty complex beast too

  11. #31
    Feral, Enhancement and BM hunters.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Elemental's rotation is on paper pretty easy, but in execution can be somewhat annoying. You see a lot of fairly mediocre Ele Shamans, but it's rare to see one that plays to the absolute maximum of the spec's potential.

    That said, from a perspective of the sheer number of buttons to press and things to monitor, I'd say Frost Mage is pretty high up there as well as Feral Druid.
    Most speccs just have one random factor, but Elementals got their mastery AND echo random proccs, which affect DPS greatly. This sucks and other talents are crap on most of the current 16 bosses.

    I always laugh my ass off when our affli lock starts poking me (I'm 4 ilvl higher than he is), because he beats me on certain boss fights where he is able to multi dot and what not... usually on protectors. ~.~
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Is this a joke? It literally is just arcane blast spam and using scorch whenever you go below 90% mana to 6 stack camp. The only things you need to manage are your 1 dot, your arcane missiles, your rune of power, and using arcane power and alter time properly and popping mirror images every 3 minutes. I could do the rotation just as good as I do mine and I don't even play a mage.



    You have a mage in your signature that appears to be your main. I feel that you are just saying mages because you are a mage.

    Personally, I cannot say which has the most complex rotation because really I only have a level 90 dk and a level 90 hunter and have only looked into a few other rotations and forums to help some people. I can say one thing: DKs have it easy compared to hunters.
    I play arcane, and it isnt difficult. Hardest part of the spec is maximising casting time and managing your mana correctly, as well as knowing how to gear for whatever fight you are working on. Those things (aside mana management) are not unique to arcane, so I can in no way agree that arcane is the most complex spec. I feel that melee are more complex than range just cuz of all the bullshit they deal with. I vote feral druid.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 03:19 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Most speccs just have one random factor, but Elementals got their mastery AND echo random proccs, which affect DPS greatly. This sucks and other talents are crap on most of the current 16 bosses.

    I always laugh my ass off when our affli lock starts poking me (I'm 4 ilvl higher than he is), because he beats me on certain boss fights where he is able to multi dot and what not... usually on protectors. ~.~
    Ogod, dat unneccesary cleave damage that accomplishes nothing...

  14. #34
    DoC Feral Druid is pretty rough, especially if you're trying to min/max the damages from your bleed.
    Armoryالسلام عليكمAvast

  15. #35
    Id say sub pre-mop and DoC feral druids right now

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer View Post
    masterfrost DK w/ Plague leech and blood tap.

    Alot harder to execute in a raid setting than something like 2H frost or dw frost w/ runic empowerment / unholy blight.
    Not even close to true. I play this spec and honestly it isn't that hard, just more active than other specs. Most APM =/= most complicated or difficult.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Is this a joke? It literally is just arcane blast spam and using scorch whenever you go below 90% mana to 6 stack camp. The only things you need to manage are your 1 dot, your arcane missiles, your rune of power, and using arcane power and alter time properly and popping mirror images every 3 minutes. I could do the rotation just as good as I do mine and I don't even play a mage.



    You have a mage in your signature that appears to be your main. I feel that you are just saying mages because you are a mage.

    Personally, I cannot say which has the most complex rotation because really I only have a level 90 dk and a level 90 hunter and have only looked into a few other rotations and forums to help some people. I can say one thing: DKs have it easy compared to hunters.
    It's obviously a joke

  18. #38
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    104
    Arcane Mages are hard.

  19. #39
    Pandaren Monk Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    1,987
    Dream of Cenarus Feral
    Enh
    BM Hunter all of them are like john fucking madden

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Not even close to true. I play this spec and honestly it isn't that hard, just more active than other specs. Most APM =/= most complicated or difficult.
    Everyone on this forum is a korean player.

    Runes are already unnecessarily punishing when you mess up, throwing in blood tap and plague leech (the technically most optimal of dps talents) and things just get silly.

    What I would do to just have a mana bar, and have to watch timers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •