Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Cata Subt was pretty complex, but not MoP Subt. If you guys still think it's complex, how basic are other classes?

I play rogue/mage/hunter. SV hunter is probably the most complex just because there are so many buttons and the opening sequence is cra'y cra'y, but playing rogue or mage really well gets complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    It definitely is.
    Touché.

I wasn't really paying attention to the whole thing. It wasn't really game breaking or did any harm. I guess I thought of an exploit as something big rather than something that isn't working as intended. That still doesn't dismiss the validity of my post saying that arcane wasn't the most complex rotation now. Hell, even Ghostcrawler agrees with me saying that scorch weaving is cheating the mana management making the rotation easier.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I laugh at all the Scorch Arcane Mages. They think they're better, just to get out-dps'd by most Barrage Arcane Mages.
    Ignorance is bliss i guess.

Deleted
    IMO it's feral. I'm always having a hard time getting the hang of it.
    The other DPS-Specs I play just don't seem that hard to play for me, but well...in the end if a rotation is complex or not is a matter of personal sensation/perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthrall View Post
    I've been wondering this for a while now, which class has to press the most buttons/manage the most cooldowns in order to maximise dps?
    BM Hunters. Might seem easy and simple. But in reallity, its just a fuckton of buttons to use. aswell as timing CDs etc.

I mostly play DK (main) and BM/SV hunter. Here's a quick comparison:

BM Hunter dps cooldowns (short version): Dire Beast, Rabid, Lynx Rush/A Murder of Crows, Focus Fire, Bestial Wrath, Rapid Fire, Stampede and Readiness.

Frost DK: Pillar of frost. Oh, and Army on pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    I mostly play DK (main) and BM/SV hunter. Here's a quick comparison:

BM Hunter dps cooldowns (short version): Dire Beast, Rabid, Lynx Rush/A Murder of Crows, Focus Fire, Bestial Wrath, Rapid Fire, Stampede and Readiness.

Frost DK: Pillar of frost. Oh, and Army on pull.
    Cooldowns are the core of hunter DPS. Rotation is for frost. Can't possibly compare the two classes using number of cooldowns.

Let me do the same: DK's have 3 resources you can easily cap and waste: Runes, RP and GCD's. Hunters have focus and GCD's. Look, hunters are easy!

This is not to say DK's are the hardest, or even harder than hunters. Just that your comparison is flawed.

Deleted
    used to be Sub rogues until blizzard nerfed em to hard and removed spells from their rotation, now i would say BM hunters have to many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    DoC Feral Druid is pretty rough, especially if you're trying to min/max the damages from your bleed.
    If your not hit / exp capped yes, otherwise no, most of it comes down to lining abilities etc up at the right time which comes with experience, just as any other class.., otherwise it's about the same as a few other classes mentioned in this thread.

Deleted
    Some aren't complicated but annoying, say like Balance Druid is easy on paper but in practice it's annoying without crits and the 4 piece. Same goes for Hunter's, it's basically the same as before but more buttons to press, which just feels sluggish and boring. Would rather they remove the bloat and buff the core abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Just that your comparison is flawed.
    Or that you read way more into it than was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Or that you read way more into it than was intended.
    Maybe, but your post did come across slightly biased. Also, you forgot ghoul and ERW.

Deleted
    Dream of Cenarius Feral easy. Most of us use ovale that tells us how to execute the rotation to neigh flawlessly with simcrafted scripts for max dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Fury Warrior.
    In my experience this mostly comes from the urge to resist button mashing the way you were able to do previously and instead constantly be aware of what and when you spend the substantially more limitade rage supply on most effectively. Also the fact that you no longer get free rage from incoming damage except in very high damage situations where you go zerk stance makes rage starving and a situation where you have no buttons to press much more common (and yes, we warriors get very antsy if we don't have something to press on every gcd). Fixed rotations are history

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
    Most of us use ovale that tells us how to execute the rotation to neigh flawlessly
    Perhaps that's why you haven't cleared HoF normal yet?

It definitely is.
    Using abilities that are not broken in order to gain dps is not an exploit. I think you're reading Ghostcrawler's tweet in the wrong way.

Deleted
    Don't get how people think BM is harder than SV. SV has an extra dot with an extra CD that decides all your expl shot procs and to make matters worse you have to pick between black arrow or expl trap which is a tricky choice during multiple fights. SV main damage comes from a proc that procs far from reliable/predictable as it was in cata. On multidot fights it's valuable for SV to try 'multidotting' while for BM it doesn't matter that much and you'll likely wont have the focus for it anyway. For SV you need constant good play while for BM outside of bw you get time to relax with a rotation easier than arcane mage.

But hunter is just the hardest. Which other class has to manage
    -rotation skills
    -rotation skills with a cd
    -procs
    -dots
    -dots with a cd
    -pet
    -as many cooldowns as rotation skills going from 90s to 5min (also a cooldown with a timer dependent on target % hp)
    -a cooldown to reset your cooldowns so that you can potentially mess up twice
    -execute skill that comes in extra on top of it all instead of replacing the other things and which also has a disfunctional reset mechanic attached?
    Please, tell me which class has it worse. The only thing missing to make it worse are combo points. I'm sure Blizzard will give it in the next xpack. But I do hope that all our main abilities can do even less damage so that they can give us even more buttons.

It's why hunters want MM back because it makes them think of easier times when you didn't feel dead after a raid. Problem is, MM is just as bad today as it is for BM and SV.
    As a reward for all the effort, we get to do mediocre dps. That is if you were lucky enough to loot your weapon from a boss with 17 other items on his loot table. Because without it you'll need to upgrade 8-10 other items to equal the increase from that 1 ranged slot.

Yes frustrated hunter.
    Last edited by mmoce1187a0503; 2013-01-08 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer View Post
    masterfrost DK w/ Plague leech and blood tap.

Alot harder to execute in a raid setting than something like 2H frost or dw frost w/ runic empowerment / unholy blight.
    Hah what a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Using abilities that are not broken in order to gain dps is not an exploit. I think you're reading Ghostcrawler's tweet in the wrong way.
    It is working as intended, but not working as intended. It sounds like a small exploit to me. It's not like they'll ban you for using this "really bad" exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Cooldowns are the core of hunter DPS. Rotation is for frost. Can't possibly compare the two classes using number of cooldowns.

Let me do the same: DK's have 3 resources you can easily cap and waste: Runes, RP and GCD's. Hunters have focus and GCD's. Look, hunters are easy!

This is not to say DK's are the hardest, or even harder than hunters. Just that your comparison is flawed.
    DKs are indeed easier to manage than hunters. I play both and can confidently say DKs have it easy compared to hunters.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by nibor View Post
    Perhaps that's why you haven't cleared HoF normal yet?
    HO HO, YES!

I use ovale for my alts, but not for my main. Ovale cannot predict procs, nor can it see what bosses will be doing, or tell you when it is best to use ur cds, etc.