1. #1

    In-Game personal vault idea.....

    So just today, I was hacked. So whatever, they didn't changed my password or anything but they took all of my gold. The most common way for people to store their finances is usually on a bank alt or spread across multiple toons but wouldn't it be kind of cool if we could get a vault.. kind of like our bank but where we can actually put gold inside of it BUT perhaps we could attach some kind of password to it. You want to go deposit or withdraw some gold and it asks you for a password which could be digits or whatever.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    I wish I knew. I did not fall for any phishing scams and whatnot.

  4. #4
    Epic! shokter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Alamo's basement
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    a password which could be digits or whatever.
    Like an authenticator? What makes you think someone capable of hacking your account (which has a password too) would be stymied by another password?
    "Brevity is...wit"

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,274
    Probly a keylogger then, but if they got your account password they could probly get the password for your vault too (and if they added one, they would be trying to get the PWs for them)
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  6. #6
    Over 9000! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    9,016
    Do you have an Autenticator ?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Like an authenticator? What makes you think someone capable of hacking your account (which has a password too) would be stymied by another password?
    True but it could be an extra amount of account security. It could also make managing finances a little easier ^_^

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 09:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Probly a keylogger then, but if they got your account password they could probly get the password for your vault too (and if they added one, they would be trying to get the PWs for them)
    Scanned my computer, no keylogger detected.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Vinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In your browser
    Posts
    652
    I got hacked once (nothing bad at all happened, in fact I got more gold :P) but after I put an authenticator on my account to problem since.
    ''The only true failure is when you stop trying''.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,126
    Honestly it's a fine idea...
    but Blizzard has to think, hmmmm??? and how many support calls will this add for people saying "I FORGOTZ MY VAULT PASSCODES!"
    yikes

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    True but it could be an extra amount of account security. It could also make managing finances a little easier ^_^

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 09:11 PM ----------



    Scanned my computer, no keylogger detected.
    That doesnt mean there isn't one. Antivirus isn't perfect by any means. They only detect things that they know of, if it's a relatively new keylogger they may not have detection protocol for them yet.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  11. #11
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,778

    No need for a vault, or a password.

    unless ofc you thought it would be a good idea to respond to one of the "your akkount iz un suspision of selling Klick this link naw" in which case I have no sympathy for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  12. #12
    Runescape had something just like this. You could store all your gold and items in the bank and put a password on it. I would like something like that in WoW.
    You fucking what mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    I reported you, btw. Your signature offends me. Hopefully you're forced to change it and get an infraction. I'm going to follow your posting habits and given enough time I'm sure I can report you to the point of a ban. We'll see how you like it.

  13. #13
    Put separate passwords on each individual bag and guild bank tab too. I don't want hackers messing with my battle pets, password that too. I don't want hackers coming onto my farm, password that too. I don't want hackers messing with my transmog, password that too. I don't want hackers changing my keybinds, password that too. I don't want hackers changing my macros, password that too. I don't want hackers messing with my auctions, password that too. I don't want hackers vendoring or changing my gear, password that too. I don't want hackers messing with my friends list, password that too. I don't want hackers trading away my stuff, password the trade window.

    If only there was a way to password all of those things...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  14. #14
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Put separate passwords on each individual bag and guild bank tab too. I don't want hackers messing with my battle pets, password that too. I don't want hackers coming onto my farm, password that too. I don't want hackers messing with my transmog, password that too. I don't want hackers changing my keybinds, password that too. I don't want hackers changing my macros, password that too. I don't want hackers messing with my auctions, password that too. I don't want hackers vendoring or changing my gear, password that too. I don't want hackers messing with my friends list, password that too. I don't want hackers trading away my stuff, password the trade window.

    If only there was a way to password all of those things...
    lets have a screen with a list of all the passwords on it as well, need to have a password on that too dont forget.
    Passwording your passwords dawg!
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  15. #15
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    34,134
    Would probably be worthless. Almost guaranteed that most people would use the same password, and those that wouldn't are the people who take security seriously and have an authenticator and are careful about their online habits.



  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Runescape had something just like this. You could store all your gold and items in the bank and put a password on it. I would like something like that in WoW.
    Or just use password that isn't mentioned on the first page of dictionary (or any other page for that matter), good password should contain numbers, letters, capitalized letters and other symbols. The further from a real word, the better. Also if you use numbers don't use them in the numerical order.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Alceus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolf's' Den
    Posts
    3,638
    in-game number clicks are harder to track, i think. So an in-game chest for loot and gold storage with a pin should be a good thing but is de facto not necessary.
    Frostwolf clan is best clan!
    Tauren Shaman - Pandaren Monk

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Or just use password that isn't mentioned on the first page of dictionary (or any other page for that matter), good password should contain numbers, letters, capitalized letters and other symbols. The further from a real word, the better. Also if you use numbers don't use them in the numerical order.
    Or use a password that is a randomly generated string of alphanumeric characters as long as the maximum allows.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  19. #19
    Pandaren Monk Slummish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,780
    I'd like an account-wide vault so I can solo raid content on one toon, put gear in the vault and then let my alts take the stuff out to use for transmogging. Attached this idea when you're submitting your letter to Blizzard, please.

  20. #20
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNrWgjh9tnU

    Need this for every single function in the game.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •