Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Challenge mode Invisibility potions randomly breaking?

Been doing some challenges lately, already completed 6 on gold, used invisibility pots in all of them and never had a problem...

Until we got to Scarlet Halls... We kill the houndmaster and the first pack after him, then hide behind the corner from cannoneers, use Invisibility potions and start running through, just like the Aftermath guide describes. However, for some reason 1-2 random people enter combat for no apparent reason at all, it was different people every single run. We wiped for 2-3 hours due to that. None of us cast any spells while invisible, we just randomly see "entering combat" and invisibility ends prematurely(which means death/fail in challenge modes).

Anyone got any idea what is going on there? Are the cannoneers buggy? Could it be some healing over time effect or buff? Why are we randomly entering combat while invisible?

Deleted
    make sure you're tagging the houndmasters before throwing the buckets. else the dogs can bug and put you in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    Been doing some challenges lately, already completed 6 on gold, used invisibility pots in all of them and never had a problem...

Until we got to Scarlet Halls... We kill the houndmaster and the first pack after him, then hide behind the corner from cannoneers, use Invisibility potions and start running through, just like the Aftermath guide describes. However, for some reason 1-2 random people enter combat for no apparent reason at all, it was different people every single run. We wiped for 2-3 hours due to that. None of us cast any spells while invisible, we just randomly see "entering combat" and invisibility ends prematurely(which means death/fail in challenge modes).

Anyone got any idea what is going on there? Are the cannoneers buggy? Could it be some healing over time effect or buff? Why are we randomly entering combat while invisible?
    Now I havn't done it on challenge mode, but at least on HC, when you pass the cannoneers, you do automaticly enter combat, as the cannoneers kinda "aims" towards the players, wether they can see them or not (theory)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    make sure you're tagging the houndmasters before throwing the buckets. else the dogs can bug and put you in combat.
    We get past that part 90% of the time now, however people under the invisibility potions effect randomly enter combat. Why?

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Now I havn't done it on challenge mode, but at least on HC, when you pass the cannoneers, you do automaticly enter combat, as the cannoneers kinda "aims" towards the players, wether they can see them or not (theory)
    Yeah, therefore we run out of line of sight from cannoneers, we use invisibility pots, and they aggro while we are invisible? This never happened in any of the 6 challenge modes we finished on gold, and in fact, I can't recall this happening anywhere else but in Scarlet Halls. The stupidest part is that those potions have a 10minute cooldown so once you wipe due to random combat you have to wait before you can try the challenge again...

Deleted
    We used the potion on the stairs, without killing that first pack after houndmaster. We had plenty of bugged things on there, but all dog related. Try it that way and see if it helps.

If the cannoneers are firing and you get hit by the cannons (which you can't see since you are invisible) I think this puts you into combat. When we did this we invis'd before we even saw them spawn to avoid the problem. We did have a druid roar tho to enable us to make the distance.

Not 100% sure this is your problem but its a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If the cannoneers are firing and you get hit by the cannons (which you can't see since you are invisible) I think this puts you into combat.
    I think it's right.
    We had the same problem in Shado-pan monastery last time we tried it.

In Scarlet Halls, we solved the problem by skipping the first two packs and killing the third. No problem that way.
    Just be sure that nobody uses any potion during the beginning of the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had the exact same problem. Don't know how to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

it takes roughyl 1-2s to be fully invis

if you go in use invis pot at the same time when u get aggro range you will be broken out of invis
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Use it before that. Should work.

Scarlet halls is so easy you could probably just clear it and DPS pot on everything and be fine, especially if you've already done 6 already.

Try the longer lasting potions and pot a bit earlier maybe.

Use it on the stairs or you activate the cannoneers which then shoot you out of invis, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    it takes roughyl 1-2s to be fully invis

if you go in use invis pot at the same time when u get aggro range you will be broken out of invis

Thats not true for the potion, the potion even kills combat if you pop it as you enter it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    I think it's right.
    We had the same problem in Shado-pan monastery last time we tried it.

In Scarlet Halls, we solved the problem by skipping the first two packs and killing the third. No problem that way.
    Just be sure that nobody uses any potion during the beginning of the dungeon.
    Just saw Aftermath video again, seems like they do the same. We used to kill the first pack and then attempt to use invis pots, maybe the cannonneers will be less buggy if we skip first pack and kill last one, thanks!

Deleted
    Try the 18 second ones and use it while running down the stairs, dont stop til you get to the middle of the next set of stairs and then take out the last group for the mob count.

A couple of things.

1. Dismiss all pets, totems, etc.. just encase.
    2. Someone's lagging behind each time, not making it, coming out of stealth and aggroing mobs.
    3. Invis pots take about 2-3 seconds to engage, you may be running a little early. Wait a second, you have time.
    4. Your group might be lying and they are probably casting something. Switching stances, ANYTHING with a global cooldown, even no global cooldown.. ANYTHING.. will pop you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    Just saw Aftermath video again, seems like they do the same. We used to kill the first pack and then attempt to use invis pots, maybe the cannonneers will be less buggy if we skip first pack and kill last one, thanks!
    Yes. Right after Houndmaster, run down the stairs and everyone pops their potion just as they hit the last stair. Even with the 15s pots, you can easily make it to the opposite stairwell where you pull the pat before going to the second boss.

So long as you can get past the buggy ass dogs, it really isn't that hard.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

dogs and undead creatures are able to detect stealth in lore.

it seems the cannoneers combat event seems to be triggered by movement in their area, and this triggers works while invisible too.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post

it seems the cannoneers combat event seems to be triggered by movement in their area, and this triggers works while invisible too.
    No it does not, if you invis pot on the staircase from houndmaster or w/e hes called, cannoneers dont activate till your on the otherside out of invis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post

Did this challenge run a few days back and I can confirm that while invis they do NOT activate at all, just make sure you use the potion on the stairs correctly.

Deleted
    As a few people have said, use it as you're running down the stairs, you'll have plenty of time if you're using the 18second pots...