Thread: PVP Healers....

10+ Year Old Account

PVP Healers....

hey guys, iv never been that much of a pvp player but when i did was when it was quite a struggle to kill a resto shammy which at the time i thought it looked fun but never got round to rolling one. I now have more time on the game to PVP and just wondered from your guys XP, which spec is like that atm even starting from low lvl bg's all the way up.... cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Well absorbs are absolutely broken at lower levels so disc/shadow is pretty gd.
    Resto druid hots are pretty op at lower brackets as well, druids are most likely the best bg healers from 11-79.
    Resto shamans still have very good survivability, but also the least damage output off the healers.
    Good utility with wind shear, dubble purge and frost shock root (keep in mind you need hit for frost shock even as resto...).
    Their healing is ok, but they are not quite as good to keep up targets (eath shield dispellable).
    Paladins; hpala is the best damage dealer up to 70+ (glyph of harsh words -> broken at lower brackets).
    With monks I have no idea.

*when I say broken I just mean that it scales retardedly for that level range

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you

I remember penance hitting like a truck at the lower levels though not sure if it's still like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I remember penance hitting like a truck at the lower levels though not sure if it's still like that.
    Its sort off fixed, still does far more damage than any healer should do however.

Disc is still godly in the lower lvl brackets(up to 70ish). Heals in general are that way though but disc has pretty good damage to go with the healing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Disc is still godly in the lower lvl brackets(up to 70ish). Heals in general are that way though but disc has pretty good damage to go with the healing.
    Atonement is kind of a disc thing though, they're designed to be more dps-y than the other healers. Disc has always had the highest dps of any heal spec - and in past expansions had like half their talents about dealing damage (much of which became baseline during MoP).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Atonement is kind of a disc thing though, they're designed to be more dps-y than the other healers. Disc has always had the highest dps of any heal spec
    I don't believe this is the case at 90 in MoP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I don't believe this is the case at 90 in MoP.
    Well, technically right now - Holy in dps chakra is the highest turreting DPS for a heal spec (against a target dummy) by just a little bit over disc. But historically Disc has always had that and shields as proactive heals as its niches over the other healers, since it didnt usually have comparable healing. Now that's less true, but since they're still non-viable in pvp - and SS is getting nerfed in PvE - i think it should maintain its shielding/dps'ing advantages.

Well, technically right now - Holy in dps chakra is the highest turreting DPS for a heal spec (against a target dummy) by just a little bit over disc.
    More then a *little* bit. I know Restokins put out far higher burst, which much more important then sustained. I believe the same is true for Shamans as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    More then a *little* bit. I know Restokins put out far higher burst, which much more important then sustained. I believe the same is true for Shamans as well.

Depends what your using them for, during a boss burst phase where damage isnt going into the raid - burst damage is pretty great for healers. But what disc is great for is if you can do a fight with like 2-3 heals, but 3 requires perfect execution - what you do is have your priest go disc - and focus entirely on DPS. the healing is cake, and you pretty much just have a bad dps present (but the disc is also bringing like 40k HPS while doing that in dps) - if the boss has a high raid damage phase - that disc is a full mode SS+PoH spamming disc priest during that - which is great. I think discs niche in that position is fantastic for PvE (which is why disc has the damage is does in PvP).

For PvP, I don't think anyone is bringing disc to arenas or rbgs for their damage (or for their heals and utility right now, but that's not intentional) - so their strength in low level BGs is kind of just like when twink rogues could one shot people in ambush in low level bgs for entire expansions - and nothing was done about it - because it doesnt really matter to Blizzard.

Depends what your using them for..
    PvP, of course. That's the theme of the thread. and Burst > Sustained. I doubt there's any question of this.

For PvP, I don't think anyone is bringing disc to arenas or rbgs for their damage or for their heals and utility right now, but that's not intentional
    As you say, there is no reason to bring a disc priest. Right now, our burst damage is considerably lower then a paladin, druid, or shaman. It doesn't particularly matter that we can do healing while being on the offensive, because only kills matter in PvP and the only realistic way to accomplish a kill is through burst damage. The nerf to PvP damage as a healer was the death knell of Disc as a viable spec.

If Blizzard were to give us a niche (better word, restore our niche) it would be the ability to do consistent, and effective sustained damage while healing. This would provide offensive pressure without trading off healing. Additionally, making Mass Dispel less punishing (mana-wise) to use would really put us on the right track.

I have started this campaign over twitter, suggesting this very changes.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-01-07 at 07:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Its sort off fixed, still does far more damage than any healer should do however.
    Still hits for an insane ammount, doesn't matter even if the damage is lower as disc puts out a lot of dps with smite and mindbender can solo people.

Hpala with shock and harsh words glyph = unkillable tank of destruction