Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post

also. it could end at 100 but it wont be with the fall of sargeras and the burning legion. like someone above said. i really dont see them ending the entire story of warcraft in an MMO. i would save that for another RTS honestly. once they get warcraft out of MMO status it opens up a ton more freedom with the story.

if the events of 5.1 were in an RTS we probably would have seen the blood elves rejoin the alliance. it is pretty implied that was a possibility. you cant make huge sweeping story changes like that in an MMO simply because the blood elves are a playable race and you cant just have people log out as horde then log in and "oh hey, im alliance now"
    Blizzard has stated somewhere...either news or a possible blue post I don't remember precisely but the RTS Warcraft is not out of question right now, and it's still possible and even useful to them still or to possibly further warcraft story. If you want to actually find the exact info I'm sure a true forum hero can find it so ya.

Also to the one guy about the Burning Legion not having a homeworld isn't completely true either considering people take into account how it was made and by which titans and why, which wowhead and other sites explain.

To the OP, I want it to be the next Burning Legion xpac on some new world, so sick of azeroth honestly, but the other people saying it will be old gods first then burning legion I'm thinking are correct. Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    ^this
    pandaria is probably the most serious expansion yet.
    What a joke!

Pandas and pokemon and farmville! That is not serious! That is not warcraft!

It's nauseating what WoW turned into and more so that some players are incapable of perceiving the obvious.

Okay to do a quick summary:

1) "Burning Legion" - this is not a place, presumably this would be some world invaded by the Legion.
    Problems: Once we defeat the Legion in any kind of meaningful way, the franchise is over. Also, most demon skins have been used in BC so how would it not look like recycled content?

2) Argus - mostly a subset of the above.
    Problems: Blizzard has shown no interest in Argus (or the Draenei in general really), this is purely a fan obsession. If they did set it here, it has all of the problems above.

3) Emerald Dream
    Problems: Only really a candidate because of old Vanilla lore that pointed to it as a possibility. Made redundant by the storyline being resolved in a novel. They could set all new lore in here but... the Emerald Dream is just the world of dreams, is there really much you could do with that? It's not really a "place".

4) "Azshara" - ie, Nazjatar and surrounding areas.
    Problems: This is possible, though Blizzard seemed to lose interest in Naga after Vashj'ir. Also this would mean underwater zones so prepare for oceans of QQ on the forums! Personally I liked Vashj. But I doubt this will be the next expansion all the same.

5) South Seas
    Problems: None really, other than that there's not much in the South Seas.

My money would be on them making new lore (like Pandaria effectively was). Everything other than Burning Legion seems a bit weak, and Burning Legion is too final. They'd just be back in the position of having to make new lore after a BL expansion anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 03:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    What a joke!

It's nauseating what WoW turned into and more so that some players are incapable of perceiving the obvious.
    Do you even play?

I love Pandaren... and Pandaren are the no 1 most requested new race since Vanilla so I don't think I'm alone. They ARE Warcraft. You're the one who doesn't understand what Warcraft is.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-01-07 at 03:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What a joke!

There are countless battles going on between the races on Pandaria. The Shado-pan are fighting the Yogol and the Mantid. While pretty much everyone is fighting the Mogu. All you are looking at is 1 race and 2 features.
    What about the huge battle in 5.1 with Alliance and Horde at each other necks?
    Or is Vol'jin getting stabbed in the neck on serious for you? Or Alduin having all of his bones crushed?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO at the fact that you think the next expansion hasn't even started yet.. They have stated in the past they work on 2 expansions at once. 1 in the designing stages, and one in the lore stages. They know what the next expansion is by now, and they also probably know some basic lore of 7.0 @Mormolyce
    Last edited by Chickat; 2013-01-07 at 04:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke!

the only thing obvious is you clearly cling onto 3 things to bitch about when if you look at the whole picture you would see that shit is literally hitting the fan for the first time in WoW. weve seen more story development in the first 4 months of mists than pretty much the past 8 years of WoW.

ok that MAY be a stretch but the fact still stands that once you look past the "OMG PANDAS LOL" youll see that they arent cute and cuddly. pandaria is literally being torn apart not only by the alliance and horde war but by the mantid swarm, the mogu and even the yaungol. the sha forced the mantid to attack hundreds of years early pretty much sticking the pandaren between a rock and hard place.

they are getting slaughtered by them as well as trying to keep the yaungol from overtaking kun-lai summit and in essence the rest pf the continent. same goes for the mantid. enter the horde and alliance with all their noise and we literally have the fourth war going on right now. there is more war in warcraft than ever yet people still bitch because they dont wanna look past the pandas and see that they are actually pretty damn badass.

just because there is no big bad saturday morning cartoon villain this time around doesnt mean the game is any less warcraft.
    Last edited by Littleraven; 2013-01-07 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke!

Oh please. If I'd described Cataclysm as 'furries and digging up garbage' it'd be about as honest an assessment of that expansion as what you've given here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone so easily trolled? gosh.

God I just can't wait the look on their faces after Blizzard has announced an expansion that goes above 105. Probably will whine again though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    Pandaria is not my cup of tea. I'll be breaking till the next expansion.

What do you guys think it'll be? Is there anything official known about it?
    95 level cap, or 100?

I'm hoping the level cap will be 100, and it'll be the final expansion. Which mean's fighting the Burning Legion on their home world with Sargeras as the final boss. This would be amazing. BC was my favorite expansion and this would definitely have that feel to it. Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.

If Blizzard decides to do 2 more expansions, my guess is the next one, level cap 95, would be something revolving around the Old Gods and the Titans. Maybe some Time Traveling with the Caverns of Time?

I mean, how much do they have left to work with on Azeroth? The map is basically completely full, they'd have to make some other world. And I don't think they'll be redoing Azeroth again like they did for Cata.

Thoughts and opinions?
    Level cap 100 , than we'll get an elite portrait and move on to path of the titans or something like 'elite levels' (aka paragon in d3)
    Blizz is not going to kill of the chicken laying the golden eggs so as long as people keep playing blizz will keep making expansions , plenty of lore to keep going and if they run out , they'll think of something new.
    I'm still hopping for a playable scourge faction at some point though ^^
    And when we done in Azeroth , there is Argus , K'aresh and Xoroth and probally other worlds, there is also some mention in wow of other regions in 'space aka Great Dark Beyond' possible holding more worlds. Also the emerald dream/nightmare could return and than we still got places like the Twisting Nether and the elemental planes as well ofc so plenty of worlds they could introduce ^^
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2013-01-07 at 09:44 AM.

Expansion 5 - Azshara (N'Zoth and Neputlon stories wrapped up...leads to Burning Legion Xpack)

Expansion 6 - Kil'Jaeden and Burning Legion on Argus (Leads to the return of Sargeras)

Expansion 7 - Sargeras (Titans Return and the Xpack is themed around Titans vs Sargeras)

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

It would be interesting if they try something radically different for the next expansion, since the trend has been New Race, New Class, New Race then in MoP we got a new race and a new class. Imagine if they add a new playable faction, perhaps one formed from part of the alliance and part of the horde breaking off and forming their own 3rd group.

As far as the theme goes, perhaps they will go more towards some sort of steam punk theme. Do you think that the titans actually built all that junk themselves, wouldn't it make sense if there was some sort of massive empire that served the will of the titans in constructing places like Ulduar. Perhaps at the end of an expansion we will unearth an ultra warp gate that will link Azeroth to another world.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    As far as the theme goes, perhaps they will go more towards some sort of steam punk theme. Do you think that the titans actually built all that junk themselves, wouldn't it make sense if there was some sort of massive empire that served the will of the titans in constructing places like Ulduar.
    There were. Several. The titans create all kinds of races to do their heavy lifty - tol'vir are architects, earthen and giants are labour, dragons are watch dogs, etc.

95 level cap, or 100?

I'm hoping the level cap will be 100, and it'll be the final expansion. Which mean's fighting the Burning Legion on their home world with Sargeras as the final boss. This would be amazing. BC was my favorite expansion and this would definitely have that feel to it. Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.

If Blizzard decides to do 2 more expansions, my guess is the next one, level cap 95, would be something revolving around the Old Gods and the Titans. Maybe some Time Traveling with the Caverns of Time?

I mean, how much do they have left to work with on Azeroth? The map is basically completely full, they'd have to make some other world. And I don't think they'll be redoing Azeroth again like they did for Cata.

Thoughts and opinions?
    i want lvl 100 to come and go and titan to launch so all these stupid people who think wow is going to end will just shut up because it is seriously retarded anyone who has ANY idea how much money wow makes would want to slam these peoples heads into the wall just for thinking blizzard would do that >_<
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently this is quite clear that the next expansion will address the issue of the Burning Legion, meaning that the title will be: "World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, second attempt".

But personally I would not choose to deal directly with the Burning Legion in the next expansion, if not only treating it indirectly. My idea is that the next expansion is "World of Warcraft: The will of Azshara", addressing the issue of the Naga and their relationship with the Old Gods and the Burning Legion.

I would postpone the expansion of the Burning Legion for later.

95 level cap, or 100?

Thoughts and opinions?

Unless the next expansion is the entire annihilation of everything MOP orientated, I doubt it's an expansion worth the return price.

Maybe they could pull it off through the burning legion somehow but at this point I doubt it.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-01-07 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    My idea is that the next expansion is "World of Warcraft: The will of Azshara", addressing the issue of the Naga and their relationship with the Old Gods and the Burning Legion.
    I'm of the opinion that even an expansion featuring Azshara as the main villain will never have her name as part of the title. Because it will be hard for people who aren't familiar with WoW to pronounce.

"Will of... Az-Hera? Ash-Zera... Ass-Harbadaerb..?"

Would be 100% satisfied with Burning Legion or the Old Gods. For some reason their lore is what has always drawn me into WoW and I really hope to see it return. Kinda tired of the whole Dragon lore thing which is why MoP is actually refreshing to me. Would like 2 more expansions (at least) with Old Gods being next as a kinda precursor expansion to the following expansion which is focused on the Burning Legion.
    Last edited by Sflame; 2013-01-07 at 11:09 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP...as long as there'll be more then ONE million subscribers they will release xpacs...so the end is not at level 100 nor in 2 expacs...there's another 10 years of wow before it dies...unless they mess up reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaally bad

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In all reality, South Seas would be a lovely adventure.