Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Syctris View Post
    Blizzard stated at some point max level would be 100 then they were done, so probably 2 more expansions. Next one will be burning legion for sure I think though.
    They have never said that ever. In fact they recently stated that 100 was just a number and they would make expansions until players stopped playing.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    I have played. I can see how people view it as War, but it's definitely not the same vibe I got from Classic TBC and even WOTLK.
    A lot of its in the music. When you load the game up and hear the drums of war and violent music, versus Pandaria where you hear like mist sparkles or some shit like that. The art direction too mostly. TBC and Wrath were full of skulls, spikes, demonds, undead, gnarly looking things. Where Pandaria is soft at heart, and fluffy on the outside, sugar coated with G rated sprinkles.

    I should've phrased it better. There certainly is a War vibe to MOP, but it's not the same to me or as dirty as it was in previous Xpacs.
    Have you even heard the MoP theme?
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

  3. #23
    The Patient Photek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    A Coruña, Spain
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    Do you think we'll be fighting them on Azeroth or on their home world?
    Also, final expansion likely?
    There won't be a final expansion as long as the game is profitable. Just look at Final Fantasy XI, they will have a new expansion this year even though they have FFXIV v2.0 this year too.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Syctris View Post
    Blizzard stated at some point max level would be 100 then they were done, so probably 2 more expansions. Next one will be burning legion for sure I think though.
    I'd love for you to show me a source, ANY source where it is even hinted they'd stop at 100. There is no such source. They'll continue as long as we keep p(l)aying. Why on earth would they stop producing the thing that brings them so much money?
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Syctris View Post
    Blizzard stated at some point max level would be 100 then they were done, so probably 2 more expansions. Next one will be burning legion for sure I think though.
    they NEVER said that. they said that 100 is just a number. in my other post i also said they wont just stop supporting WoW till there arent enough people to make a profit anymore.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hope not,but its very possible. Wrath was hinted at in vanilla. cata in bc, and i suppose mop was a suprise, but if they go back to hinting 2 expansions ahead of time we may see the legion for 7.0 instead of 6.0. What was hinted at in cata? Azshara and old gods my friend... Azshara and old gods.
    That's actually so true I had to do a mental recalibration for this thread. You might very well be on to something.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Umm they never did that. Instead they said that 100 is just a number. If they stopped WoW at any point it would be suicide. Only if it drops below 1 million like for SWTOR which even that still lives on and it even gets a "semi" expansion soon.
    Well there was something some years back where they said 100 would be the final expansion, but I can't remember where that actually was first stated. Maybe it was a chart or something? Been too long. Either way some people are not aware that Blizzard recently stated that they will continue to make expansions as long as people keep playing.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Well there was something some years back where they said 100 would be the final expansion, but I can't remember where that actually was first stated. Maybe it was a chart or something? Been too long. Either way some people are not aware that Blizzard recently stated that they will continue to make expansions as long as people keep playing.
    false. that "chart" was also fake as it was made well after wrath was announced IIRC.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    In quest texts it has been pointed out kind of obviously that antagonist in next expansion is burning legion.
    Not really. Not at all actually. Warlocks getting some love has to do with their class being one of the least played in the game; warlocks are a lot of fun though and always have been but I guess they miss their mark with the average player.

    Besides, we all know it's going to be a Virmen-based expansion.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hope not,but its very possible. Wrath was hinted at in vanilla. cata in bc, and i suppose mop was a suprise, but if they go back to hinting 2 expansions ahead of time we may see the legion for 7.0 instead of 6.0. What was hinted at in cata? Azshara and old gods my friend... Azshara and old gods.
    Not saying this isn't true, but I'd love to see some documentation (Wowpedia or otherwise) on this just to go back and read it and think "Yup, they were definately planning far ahead!"
    I think Burning Legion is pretty obvious as next expac with The Black Prince, and I should have done more questing in Wrath. I'll have to go back and do loremaster of BC/Wrath. But if you know of anything that goes through and describes where future stuff was hinted at, sounds like fun to read.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hope not,but its very possible. Wrath was hinted at in vanilla. cata in bc, and i suppose mop was a suprise, but if they go back to hinting 2 expansions ahead of time we may see the legion for 7.0 instead of 6.0. What was hinted at in cata? Azshara and old gods my friend... Azshara and old gods.
    First I've heard of this. Very good observation, seems likely.

    Azshara and Old Gods to 95.
    Burning Legion to 100.

    End game. Makes sense to me.
    As for people saying 100 is just a number and Blizzard will go past it, I disagree.
    Sargeras has kind of always been advertised as the Final Endgame Boss.

    Finish up MOP, 2 more expacs, adds what, up to 5-6 years of WOW?
    The game has to come to an end some time. Even if a ton of people are still playing.

    I think Blizzard will want to end WOW to make room for their next gen MMO, Titan.

  12. #32
    I think we need Bolvar to bring back the Lich king. I'm not huge lore fan, but Wotlk had the right touch in it.

    Now we fighting against Sha of this Sha of that and Sha of those. Frankly i don't give flying donkeys c.. on lore anymore.

    All just seem to gone to tree hugging and helping pandas that i couldn't care less. You even have to get revered with their faction atleast if u half serious in PVE content.

    In away Blizz got it right to slow down progress with caps/dailies/etc. However bit too much for regular human, who works five day a week.

    Many talks about scourge and burning legion. It won't be either of those, cos Blizz has stated they want game to go forward. So what we have left? Not much i think.

    I would like to see Sylvanas and Forsaken leave horde and form 3rd faction. Ain't got ideas for alliance, but some should go and make 4th faction. So we would have 2 "horde" and 2 "alliance" factions.

    PS: it wont be titan's cause thats the whole new game.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    First I've heard of this. Very good observation, seems likely.

    Azshara and Old Gods to 95.
    Burning Legion to 100.

    End game. Makes sense to me.
    As for people saying 100 is just a number and Blizzard will go past it, I disagree.
    Sargeras has kind of always been advertised as the Final Endgame Boss.

    Finish up MOP, 2 more expacs, adds what, up to 5-6 years of WOW?
    The game has to come to an end some time. Even if a ton of people are still playing.

    I think Blizzard will want to end WOW to make room for their next gen MMO, Titan.
    No. There's no financial reason for Blizzard to end WoW just because. Even if we're at level 100, even if Sargeras is dealt with - Sargeras as 'last boss' is a thematic element, which is always secondary to the financial element for game developers. If it's still making them tons of money at level 170, there's no reason whatsoever not to keep going.

    I would highly doubt that Titan is being developed as a replacement for WoW - more likely it is a game meant to appeal to gamers that aren't interested in WoW.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    No. There's no financial reason for Blizzard to end WoW just because. Even if we're at level 100, even if Sargeras is dealt with - Sargeras as 'last boss' is a thematic element, which is always secondary to the financial element for game developers. If it's still making them tons of money at level 170, there's no reason whatsoever not to keep going.

    I would highly doubt that Titan is being developed as a replacement for WoW - more likely it is a game meant to appeal to gamers that aren't interested in WoW.
    By END WOW I dont mean set the servers on fire and just close it all off. Just the final expansion.
    Idk, its mostly wishful thinking on my part. Trust me I know $ is #1 for the company, and if they're still profitting theyre going to continuing making expacs.
    Personally Id just like to see the game come to an end with Sargeras at 100 and not drag on forever.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Syctris View Post
    Blizzard stated at some point max level would be 100 then they were done, so probably 2 more expansions. Next one will be burning legion for sure I think though.
    [Citation Needed]
    Inb4 you forgot where they said that but you're certain that they did despite having no proof.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    No. There's no financial reason for Blizzard to end WoW just because. Even if we're at level 100, even if Sargeras is dealt with - Sargeras as 'last boss' is a thematic element, which is always secondary to the financial element for game developers. If it's still making them tons of money at level 170, there's no reason whatsoever not to keep going.

    I would highly doubt that Titan is being developed as a replacement for WoW - more likely it is a game meant to appeal to gamers that aren't interested in WoW.
    i 100% agree with this. it would make ANY business sense whatsoever to just end WoW because it reached some arbitrary "level cap". people just think it should be 100 because its a nice even number. even IF they decided to make 100 the cap they could still come up with other ways to progress your character past that. doesnt have to be levels.

    it would be financial suicide for blizzard right now or even in the near future to pull the plug on their biggest money maker.

    and yeah. titan is NOT going to replace WoW. nothing will replace WoW once its gone imo. i think WoW came at just the right time that it was caught in the MMO bubble. well that bubble has popped and once WoW is gone i doubt we will ever see another MMO reach the numbers that WoW had a peak. hell i doubt well ever see another MMO break 10 million subs.

    that said i dont think the MMO genre will disappear. you will probably just see any major one come out be F2P since the P2P model is starting to rapidly fade.

  17. #37
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    Not saying this isn't true, but I'd love to see some documentation (Wowpedia or otherwise) on this just to go back and read it and think "Yup, they were definately planning far ahead!"
    I think Burning Legion is pretty obvious as next expac with The Black Prince, and I should have done more questing in Wrath. I'll have to go back and do loremaster of BC/Wrath. But if you know of anything that goes through and describes where future stuff was hinted at, sounds like fun to read.
    Well in vanilla a lot of crap was about the lich king and the scourge. In BC Deathwing was mentioned a bit so its a smaller reference. In cata old gods were everywhere and azshara had a decent bit to do with it as well. Im not stating anything as fact just an observation. In my opinion the next expansion is one of two themes. Burning legion, or Azshara/old gods. I'm personally hoping for legion.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    What do you guys think it'll be? Is there anything official known about it?
    No. People will flood this thread with their favourite theory, based on tiny scraps of in-game text, but nobody actually knows. In fact Blizzard probably doesn't know - they were working on a totally different expansion for MoP but then changed their minds once they decided to bring in Pandaren and Monks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    I'm hoping the level cap will be 100, and it'll be the final expansion. Which mean's fighting the Burning Legion on their home world with Sargeras as the final boss.
    1) Next expansion will be level 95.
    2) Level 100 means nothing, WoW might "end" at 95 or 105 or 135 or anything.
    3) We will never fight Sargeras, quite apart from the fact he's a god and the size of a planet, if we did somehow defeat him that would be the end of the entire Warcraft franchise. Not just WoW.
    4) The Burning Legion doesn't have a homeworld.

    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    This would be amazing. BC was my favorite expansion and this would definitely have that feel to it. Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.
    Rolleyes.

  19. #39
    Immortal Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    7,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    First I've heard of this. Very good observation, seems likely.

    Azshara and Old Gods to 95.
    Burning Legion to 100.

    End game. Makes sense to me.
    As for people saying 100 is just a number and Blizzard will go past it, I disagree.
    Sargeras has kind of always been advertised as the Final Endgame Boss.

    Finish up MOP, 2 more expacs, adds what, up to 5-6 years of WOW?
    The game has to come to an end some time. Even if a ton of people are still playing.

    I think Blizzard will want to end WOW to make room for their next gen MMO, Titan.
    Blizzard has literally said in a blue post that 100 is just a number.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  20. #40
    Are you sure next mmo of blizzard wont be a continue of wow ? or related to it ? A good way to start all over again...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •