Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why does something tell me they'll milk two more expansions out of this; instead of 90-100, we'll get one from 90-95, and then the final one to 100 thereafter.

The next expansion may deal with us recruiting some of the Titans to our side to help us or swaying them towards our favor -- Aggramar the Avenger included?

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    By END WOW I dont mean set the servers on fire and just close it all off. Just the final expansion.
    Idk, its mostly wishful thinking on my part. Trust me I know $ is #1 for the company, and if they're still profitting theyre going to continuing making expacs.
    Personally Id just like to see the game come to an end with Sargeras at 100 and not drag on forever.
    We realize that. It's still a stupid way of thinking. Blizz won't stop developing content until there's not enough people left to play it.

But one thing is pretty much guaranteed:
    The game won't end at level 100. Blizzard never said that.

Seriously, people, get that through your thick skulls.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-07 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I hope not,but its very possible. Wrath was hinted at in vanilla. cata in bc, and i suppose mop was a suprise, but if they go back to hinting 2 expansions ahead of time we may see the legion for 7.0 instead of 6.0. What was hinted at in cata? Azshara and old gods my friend... Azshara and old gods.
    I never understood why people think Blizzard has to do things in a pattern. Yes, there were talks of Deathwing in BC. But why are you just ignroing the fact that LK had Sartharion which dropped a twilight drake, and there were Twilight's Hammer in Ulduar. Doesn't that kill your own pattern? Not to mention the fact that alot of people claimed MoP could only have a new class since that was blizzards "pattern" so no new race, yet we got both...

Well in vanilla a lot of crap was about the lich king and the scourge. In BC Deathwing was mentioned a bit so its a smaller reference. In cata old gods were everywhere and azshara had a decent bit to do with it as well. Im not stating anything as fact just an observation. In my opinion the next expansion is one of two themes. Burning legion, or Azshara/old gods. I'm personally hoping for legion.
    Vanilla was all over the place. There were minor mentions of everything. Deathwing was maybe a footnote when discussing the black dragonflight eggs in Netherstorm... a tiny part of BC lore. You can't draw any conclusions from that.

There is NO WAY to work out what the next expansion will be just by looking at current game content. Blizzard likely hasn't even decided what it'll be yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by apostoloss View Post
    Are you sure next mmo of blizzard wont be a continue of wow ? or related to it ? A good way to start all over again...
    Blizzard has stated that the next MMO, Titan, is a completely new IP.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apostoloss View Post
    Are you sure next mmo of blizzard wont be a continue of wow ? or related to it ? A good way to start all over again...
    possible but unlikely. if they did that they would essentially split their playerbase into the people who still want to play WoW and the people who want to play the new game. im hoping that titan is a new IP but blizzard has been being very good at keeping a lid on it theres no way to know until they open up about it.

if theres ANYTHING blizzard has learned over the years. its to not jump te gun and show off something too soon. they know that they risk a ton with this new game.

if i was anything warcraft related id rather it not be another MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Syctris View Post
    Blizzard stated at some point max level would be 100 then they were done, so probably 2 more expansions. Next one will be burning legion for sure I think though.
    they NEVER stated that
    but they stated MANY, MANY TIMES that as long as people play WoW, they'll keep releasing expansions

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We realize that. It's still a stupid way of thinking. Blizz won't stop developing content until there's not enough people left to play it.

But one thing is pretty much guaranteed:
    The game won't end at level 100. Blizzard never said that.

Seriously, people, get that through your thick skulls.
    Alright well you can suck my dick when it does end at 100.

And get your big red fancy letters the fuck out of my thread, bitch.

NO ONE said Blizzard said it would end at 100. It's all speculation. Chill the fuck out, let people have their opinions like you have yours.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-01-07 at 04:30 AM.

I hope not,but its very possible. Wrath was hinted at in vanilla. cata in bc, and i suppose mop was a suprise, but if they go back to hinting 2 expansions ahead of time we may see the legion for 7.0 instead of 6.0. What was hinted at in cata? Azshara and old gods my friend... Azshara and old gods.
    there was a strong hint in Darkshore too, a hidden quest (but maybe there was also a related achiev? I don't remeber very well) you get in a pit that talks about demonhunters

Any of the popular themes would interest me a lot:

Argus
    An underwater expansion with azshara, neptulon and n'zoth
    Emerald dream would be the last

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Vanilla was all over the place. There were minor mentions of everything. Deathwing was maybe a footnote when discussing the black dragonflight eggs in Netherstorm... a tiny part of BC lore. You can't draw any conclusions from that.

There is NO WAY to work out what the next expansion will be just by looking at current game content. Blizzard likely hasn't even decided what it'll be yet.
    Lots of spelling/grammar erros etc, but im to tired to go back and fix it, so read it if you want.

To be clear, im not stating anything as a fact. Just a small trend i noticed. Good point about twilights hammer in wrath. I still thin Azshara and legion are equally possible. What im betting on is an Azshara xpac with old gods. At the end of the expansion the legion will invade. Azshara summoned Kiljaeden and the legion to azeroth by order of the old gods. The old gods hope that the legion will be able to tear things up enough to set them free. After they are free they will easily kill Kiljaeden and the legion in the next expansion. The expansion after that is the titans coming back to azeroth to put the old gods back in their prison, and then leading us to assault sargeras eventually in some other expansion. Some point later there will be the titans trying to reanimate azeroth so some nutjob lets the old gods loose to stop them leading to us killing the titans and some old god spawns. The final expansion has us defeating the old gods. Lots of spelling/grammar erros etc, but im to tired to go back and fix it, so read it if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright well you can suck my dick when it does end at 100.
    what do you have to do if it doesnt

but seriously. if blizzard keeps up the speed they have been so far in mists. ending in 2 more expansions only gives WoW another MAYBE 4 years. mists will probably be done with by the middle of next year? (fingers crossed we dont get any more year long final tiers) and give each new expansion a year and a half run time.

also. it could end at 100 but it wont be with the fall of sargeras and the burning legion. like someone above said. i really dont see them ending the entire story of warcraft in an MMO. i would save that for another RTS honestly. once they get warcraft out of MMO status it opens up a ton more freedom with the story.

if the events of 5.1 were in an RTS we probably would have seen the blood elves rejoin the alliance. it is pretty implied that was a possibility. you cant make huge sweeping story changes like that in an MMO simply because the blood elves are a playable race and you cant just have people log out as horde then log in and "oh hey, im alliance now"

Hey Blizzard has the next two expansions planned and they show no signs of slowing down. They said if the numbers get to big they'll just do an item crunch problem solved!

NO ONE said Blizzard said it would end at 100..
    Actually, this guy did.

Quote Originally Posted by Syctris View Post
    Blizzard stated at some point max level would be 100 then they were done, so probably 2 more expansions. Next one will be burning legion for sure I think though.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Pandaria is not my cup of tea. I'll be breaking till the next expansion.

What do you guys think it'll be? Is there anything official known about it?
    95 level cap, or 100?

I'm hoping the level cap will be 100, and it'll be the final expansion. Which mean's fighting the Burning Legion on their home world with Sargeras as the final boss. This would be amazing. BC was my favorite expansion and this would definitely have that feel to it. Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.

If Blizzard decides to do 2 more expansions, my guess is the next one, level cap 95, would be something revolving around the Old Gods and the Titans. Maybe some Time Traveling with the Caverns of Time?

I mean, how much do they have left to work with on Azeroth? The map is basically completely full, they'd have to make some other world. And I don't think they'll be redoing Azeroth again like they did for Cata.

Thoughts and opinions?
    sorry if open warfare isn't good enough for WARCRAFT.

NO ONE said Blizzard said it would end at 100. It's all speculation. Chill the fuck out, let people have their opinions like you have yours.
    Oh? Try reading this thread. There's at least 3 mentions of it in here alone, one is even quoted directly above your post.

Burning Legion to 100.

End game. Makes sense to me.
    As for people saying 100 is just a number and Blizzard will go past it, I disagree.
    Sargeras has kind of always been advertised as the Final Endgame Boss.
    No he hasn't. Where do people get this crap from? Seriously, this is the most annoying kind of BS ever. People like you pass this nonsense you concoct as fact and it's really obnoxious cause it's not based on anything other than fantasies in your head.

100 = a number
    New lore to make = what will always happen provided people keep playing this game. They will not dump 10 million people and say "here, try this new game out", they wouldn't even dump 1 million. There's ALWAYS room for new things.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 02:16 AM ----------

Chill the fuck out, let people have their opinions like you have yours.
    When people like you start spouting off your opinions as facts it bothers a LOT of people. Stop doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    By END WOW I dont mean set the servers on fire and just close it all off. Just the final expansion.
    Idk, its mostly wishful thinking on my part. Trust me I know $ is #1 for the company, and if they're still profitting theyre going to continuing making expacs.
    Personally Id just like to see the game come to an end with Sargeras at 100 and not drag on forever.
    Yeah, I agree that thematically, it would be a good place to wrap things up. From a story standpoint, it feels right. And 100 is a nice strong number. The reason we didn't see 4-5 Warcraft 3 expansions was that after Frozen Throne, the game had pretty much played out. There was only so many places a balanced RTS can go. MMOs simply have much longer lifespans though just because of how its played, and something as popular as WoW has more than a few years left to it.

I know your OP said you don't care for MoP, but it's really an excellent example of Blizzard making new and original content that's widely appealing, and not especially dependent upon earlier established story elements. So we might wrap up Sargeras at 100, but if we keep going with new stuff that's at the level of quality of Mists, I will have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    and yeah. titan is NOT going to replace WoW. nothing will replace WoW once its gone imo. i think WoW came at just the right time that it was caught in the MMO bubble. well that bubble has popped and once WoW is gone i doubt we will ever see another MMO reach the numbers that WoW had a peak. hell i doubt well ever see another MMO break 10 million subs.
    The only thing that could ever 'kill' WoW is WoW itself, if it fails to adapt and improve and find a market rapidly enough. No MMO that rehashes the same rough style of gameplay will ever do it. And as soon as it is actually gone, Blizzard will introduce something else that will appeal to whatever the market currently is. Because they are really good at that.

MMO's generally continue to be profitable even with a subscriber base of a few hundred thousand, so I seriously doubt that WoW will end anytime soon. Everquest, for example, has recently gone F2P and has released it's 19th expansion back in November and will probably launch another this year if the current trend holds. And since WoW still has a subscriber base of at least a few million (exact number is debateable, but nobody can deny it still holds the lion's share among popular MMOs), I sincerely doubt that they'll stop making expansions anytime soon, regardless of forthcoming new IP's or the imaginary numerical reasons some have put forth in this thread.

Mists, if you can get past the initial kneejerk foolishness of "omg it's Kung Fu Panda this is stoopid", actually has quite a dark core under the candy coating. Not only have the pandaren actually been dealing with ongoing wars within the confines of their own shores for the past several centuries (with at least three different factions), but now the Horde and Alliance have begun cracking open a barrel of open warfare upon one another on this new continent. Heck, in the first zone their conflict results in something completely horrible happening right in the middle of the Jade Forest, and that theme only escalates as you progress. Even the semi-peaceful Valley of the Four Winds has deep, dark troubles happening out in the west. Kun Lai begins with a battle, throws a Zandalari invasion in and ends with an ancient evil and more battles. Townlong is a constant three-way struggle between warring factions the entire way through. The Dread Wastes is a very "Know Thy Enemy" type situation as you actually team up with one of the factions the pandaren are struggling against and find out their motivations, and good grief is there darkness there--not just literally.

And then there's Krasarang, which starts out as a minor-player in terms of the conflict but then, as of patch 5.1 becomes a major staging area for the Horde/Alliance war effort. If you feel that this isn't as "war-like" as BC, then you aren't even paying attention. Also "the music is wrong" (paraphrased) is just a ridiculous sentiment. It fits with the theme, as does the art style. If you're complaining about artistic choices you've run out of good arguments.

As far as the original question goes, like many others I see a lot of hints abounding that the Burning Legion will be scheduling a return engagement. Whether or not that will be the next expansion, however, I think is beyond anyone's ability to gauge given the information given. I would welcome it if it came to be, but I would also like to have a large storyline based around the mysterious titans and Old Gods. They've been hinted at for so long it's driven me nuts, and I'm not interested enough in the novels to see if more information can be gleaned there. One thing I really missed about MoP was the lack of semi-hidden titan machinations that were sprinkled through the other bits of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    there was a strong hint in Darkshore too, a hidden quest (but maybe there was also a related achiev? I don't remeber very well) you get in a pit that talks about demonhunters
    It's not a hint of the content of the next expansion just because there's lore relating to demons, demon hunters or the burning legion in the game. Of course there is, they're still a part of the WoW universe.

In any case that was added in the Cataclysm revamp - it was released before Cata was. Do you really think Blizzard knew what the expansion after MoP was going to be before the release of Cata? When they didn't even decide to set MoP in Pandaria until at least halfway through Cataclysm?

This is all pure speculation with no basis. There IS no basis to work out what the next expansion will be because that probably hasn't even been decided yet. And Blizzard doesn't bury obscure hints, if they decide what it'll be and they want you to know, you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.