Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why do so many people think, that if we defeat the Legion the franchise is over? WC 1 and 2 did well without the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree OP. The faster we get away from mope the better. I really hope they bring back the feel of the game next xpac, I may even return.

I have an idea, an expac with nothing but dailies as content. oh wait that's been the case since cata and now MOP with 60 dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    What a joke!

Pandas and pokemon and farmville! That is not serious! That is not warcraft!

It's nauseating what WoW turned into and more so that some players are incapable of perceiving the obvious.
    You ignore the story in favour of singling out mini-games designed to literally farm materials or obtain pets in a less cumbersome manner than flat out grinding mobs? There's never been more in your face war in Warcraft than there has with MoP... nor a dark and sinister consequence of the emotions its spurns with the Sha.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the next expansion doesn't involve the Burning Legion - I would not believe it.

That said, enjoy the Fourth Alliance - Horde war.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    I have an idea, an expac with nothing but dailies as content. oh wait that's been the case since cata and now MOP with 60 dailies.
    Only for people who are too stupid to realize how non-mandatory dailies are. If you're doing more than 2 sets a day and complaining then you have only yourself to blame. Even the most hardcore raider can get by on about 10 dailies a day.

If you don't want to do dailies, don't do them.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Only for people who are too stupid to realize how non-mandatory dailies are. If you're doing more than 2 sets a day and complaining then you have only yourself to blame. Even the most hardcore raider can get by on about 10 dailies a day.

If you don't want to do dailies, don't do them.
    The illusion of choice is still not choice. They can put in 100 dailies but that doesn't mean Blizzard is doing the right thing by putting them in and then saying "oh it's optional". Dailies are still mostly a solo type of gameplay, after you are done raiding and/or vp capped there's really not much else to do in this game. Why is this viewpoint so difficult to grasp?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really, really like to go into the emerald dream for more than a quest or two. That being said, I'm fairly certain it's already been cleaned up in the books, so it's doubtful.

The illusion of choice is still not choice. They can put in 100 dailies but that doesn't mean Blizzard is doing the right thing by putting them in and then saying "oh it's optional". Dailies are still mostly a solo type of gameplay, after you are done raiding and/or vp capped there's really not much else to do in this game. Why is this viewpoint so difficult to grasp?
    why is it so difficult to grasp that alot of people like dailies?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    what about the netherwing dailies in BC, skyguard, ogrila, Isle of Quel Danas etc? the Argent Tournament, Ebonhold, Stormgiant and blue lesbian dailies in Wotlk? What content did those expansions have that MoP doesn't have ? Dailies have been a staple part of wow content for 6 or so years. Cata was the least involved expac, all you did was sit in a city and queue for heroics. Bliz have realised that is a terrible way to design a game and moved away from it. I hope they don't ever go back that model.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    TBC and Wrath were full of skulls, spikes, demonds, undead, gnarly looking things. Where Pandaria is soft at heart, and fluffy on the outside, sugar coated with G rated sprinkles.

Burning Crusade

Mists of Pandaria

Burning Crusade

Mists of Pandaria

Choose to see what you want to see.

The Horde versus Alliance conflict has also definitely never been as heated as it is in Mists of Pandaria. Theramore destroyed, Dalaran under seige, internal conflict within the Horde, stuff is getting crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    what about the netherwing dailies in BC, skyguard, ogrila, Isle of Quel Danas etc? the Argent Tournament, Ebonhold, Stormgiant and blue lesbian dailies in Wotlk? What content did those expansions have that MoP doesn't have ? Dailies have been a staple part of wow content for 6 or so years. Cata was the least involved expac, all you did was sit in a city and queue for heroics. Bliz have realised that is a terrible way to design a game and moved away from it. I hope they don't ever go back that model.
    everyone will always find something to complain about.

in vanilla everyone complained the game was to easy compared to everquest, in bc everyone complained about attunements, in wrath everyone complained about casuals, in cata everyone complained about never leaving stormwind, in mists its dailies
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking that the Burning Legion will be from 90-100 but in two expansions. Possibly from 90-95 we fight them on Azeroth, and from 95-100 we fight them elseware. Although I don't know if they would end WoW there or just inch every bit of life into the game and add additionally expansions after that.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nice post Kathranis, but it makes me nostalgic for the bright pretty belf areas in BC ! I hope they put a brighter friendlier zone in MoP.

Let's go Thrall's balls to the walls. Raise the level cap up to 100. Fend off a massive invasion of the burning legion in the largest pre-expansion patch to date. Tear up the areas outside of Major cities with massive portals to Argus, and have it all end with facing down Sargeras in his newly formed citadel that sits in the ruins of Mac'Aree. Throw in the Demon Hunter class for good measure (maybe Ogres as a playable race, high elves for alliance) and we're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Let's go Thrall's balls to the walls. Raise the level cap up to 100. Fend off a massive invasion of the burning legion in the largest pre-expansion patch to date. Tear up the areas outside of Major cities with massive portals to Argus, and have it all end with facing down Sargeras in his newly formed citadel that sits in the ruins of Mac'Aree. Throw in the Demon Hunter class for good measure (maybe Ogres as a playable race, high elves for alliance) and we're good to go.
    10 minutes after announcement "BLIZZARD IS RIPPING OFF RIFT AND THEM DEMONS BETTA NOT KEEP ME FROM GOIN TO THE AUCTION HOUSE BECAUSE I REFUSE!!!! TO EVER SET FOOT IN ANY OTHER CITY"

Ghostcrawler literally said just a few months ago 100 is just a number! FYI I want it to be Legion very badly! However I would love going to another planet and just not have Legion involved to! Hell I want to go and explore the Spider Kingdom, Emerald Dream, Azhara expac! Give it ALL!

Mal'Ganis and Kil'Jaeden imo, it will be fun, I just hope its set on another world.

I dont believe we will be fighting sargeras at all, not for a while anyway.

I have played. I can see how people view it as War, but it's definitely not the same vibe I got from Classic TBC and even WOTLK.
    A lot of its in the music. When you load the game up and hear the drums of war and violent music, versus Pandaria where you hear like mist sparkles or some shit like that. The art direction too mostly. TBC and Wrath were full of skulls, spikes, demonds, undead, gnarly looking things. Where Pandaria is soft at heart, and fluffy on the outside, sugar coated with G rated sprinkles.

I should've phrased it better. There certainly is a War vibe to MOP, but it's not the same to me or as dirty as it was in previous Xpacs.
    Clearly you know what you're talking about when it comes to war. We apologize for our ignorance.

I have played. I can see how people view it as War, but it's definitely not the same vibe I got from Classic TBC and even WOTLK.
    A lot of its in the music. When you load the game up and hear the drums of war and violent music, versus Pandaria where you hear like mist sparkles or some shit like that. The art direction too mostly. TBC and Wrath were full of skulls, spikes, demonds, undead, gnarly looking things. Where Pandaria is soft at heart, and fluffy on the outside, sugar coated with G rated sprinkles.

I should've phrased it better. There certainly is a War vibe to MOP, but it's not the same to me or as dirty as it was in previous Xpacs.
    Ditry? Tell me exaclty what was dirtier than this? Fighing Sha and suddenly your screen blacks out while you hear your character scream? Defusing spike bombs? Imagine what would that do if it exploded on your face. The fucking Klaxxi that would not think twice before they shred you to pieces if you even thought of crossing them. I'm sorry but MoP gives the only feel of War that will ever comes close to the RTS games.

It's really pathetic to see people try their hardest to bash MoP to the ground.