Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Please please 10 levels and at least twice the leveling content.

Heroics that LAST!!! more than 3-4 days.

Incentive to do heroics with people in own realm over LFD.

Incentive to do normal/heroic raiding over LFR.

Incentive to do 25-man raiding over 10-mans.

No more class homogenization, no more removing stats, no more simplification, no more gimmicks.
    1 and 2 I agree with. Though I won't set any mandatory amount of leveling content, just make it cap at 100 on WoW's 10th anniversary.

Now then...

3. There should be something like guild groups for server groups. They should give increased exp, gold, and (maybe) a bonus to your champion faction.

4. Honestly, I haven't had a problem with normals needing incentives. But it's clear heroics are in need of an incentive to keep them from dying in favor of normal.

5. Blizz is playing around with this right now. Though I think the ship to avoid the death of 25-mans sailed with the introduction of LFR.

6. Homogenization is a term Blizz hasn't used since Wrath. And the majority of stat removal was in Cata, only a few things were reworked in MoP (spirit was the big one). Though I do agree, we don't need more Chi/Holy Power/Shadow Or... you know what, let's just say Chi whenever we mean the plethora of Chi-esque resources added in Cata/MoP.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Honestly I'd rather have more dungeons than more levels and zones. As cool as they are, you only go through them once per character. You can't level to 91 with the same toon twice. Yet you'll be running heroics 'til the end of the expansion.

So go light on the zones and leveling content and put more into dungeons, more interesting scenarios, and more raids, sez I.
    Well, i can see a point to having 10 levels. Namely, making the rating decay less abrupt. In MoP they were so extreme that you actually lost power by leveling up, which feels rather weird. Doesn't mean there have to be more zones, though...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So what do you guys expect? A new class or a new race? Its going to be either one or the other or possibly both.
    3 new races:
    Ethereal - Neutral
    Broken - Alliance
    Ogre - Horde

AND

1 new Hero Class:
    Demon Hunter

It will also cap at 100, and come out as part of a "Year of Warcraft" to celebrate WoW's 10th anniversary.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Blizzard has stated no demon hunter class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Blizzard has stated no demon hunter class.
    Lies, Blizzard has stated no such thing and people like making things up.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Name one reason why blizzard would make a demon hunting class a hero class?! I really don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Name one reason why blizzard would make a demon hunting class a hero class?! I really don't see it happening.
    One reason? Okay; lore.

Also, you don't have proof to your other comment do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    One reason? Okay; lore.

Also, you don't have proof to your other comment do you?
    You've said WoW cannot support an infinite number of classes.With DK and now Monks added will we ever see a Demon Hunter class
    Ghostcrawler via Twitter:
    @Aulper7 Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?
    He clearly implies that there is not enough room for Demon Hunters in the game.

And lore is not a reason for Demon Hunters, it's a reason for there to NOT be Demon Hunters.
    The only race that has knowledge of the path to being a Demon Hunter are the Night Elves, and they consider it completely evil and lock away/destroy all knowledge of the subject.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    How this thread works: 1 OP says this xpac not his cup of tea, what's next.
    2: first response is OT.
    3: someone gets hung up on the OP not liking this xpac and cannot talk about the actual topic.
    4: the 'cold war scientists' of mmochamp talk about the financial earnings of Blizz and try to decide every direction of the game as driven by the dollar and completely ignore story, lore, artistic impression.
    5:someone WILL get bent out of shape about 'acti-blizzard' (fuck you activision! you are the REASON children DIE in Africa!!!!!111one)
    6: someone will pump their fist in the air screaming emerald dream
    7: something flaming this way comes
    /thread

lol

OT: I'm all for thinking the burning legion returns. But I dunno, I think the Wrathion quests and story are going somewhere, and NOT just to give us a legendary and then fade away. At least, I hope not. I dislike when they intro someone and make them so important they give me legendaries....then just fuck off.
    But yah....an outlands revamp, or something....warlock quest COULD just be a warlock quest, but I like to imagine that the storytellers and the gamemakers, and the bankers can all come up with one massive plan....at least I can dream right?
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    I can not understand how people think the next expansion or the one after that will be the "final" expansion. Blizzard Activision is pulling in more than a billion dollars a year. Do you really think that they will say "Well that's it! Level cap is 100 now! Bye!" No way in hell Blizzard, Vivendi or Activision are just going to pull the plug.
    Can bet you 10 bucks that there will be atleast another handfull of expansion packs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    That is very true. There's so many antagonists surrounding the burning legion that they could easily do it in 2 expansions but where does that leave room for old gods and Azshara if we do see her again?
    Well as I said, it would set the scene. That doesn't mean it has to be directly after, they could go back to it expansions later which is what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Ghostcrawler via Twitter:

He clearly implies that there is not enough room for Demon Hunters in the game.

And lore is not a reason for Demon Hunters, it's a reason for there to NOT be Demon Hunters.
    The only race that has knowledge of the path to being a Demon Hunter are the Night Elves, and they consider it completely evil and lock away/destroy all knowledge of the subject.
    Only Night Elves? There have been ton of Blood Elves who are Demon Hunters. There is a training ground in the Black Temple remember. That, and it's just no limited to them (at least soon).
    A few blood elves make the pledge as well, seeking revenge for the destruction of their home. Other races can become demon hunters, but such individuals are unheard of. Any member of another race who is willing to make the sacrifices necessary to join the fight against the demonic invaders must find a night elf or blood elf demon hunter to assist him in the initiation ceremonies.

I'd imagine it would be Emerald Dream, and my wishlist is long haha.

Remove all the instant CC and makes casters have to cast again.

Don't add any new classes or races, fix what's already in the game.

Add 5 more levels, any more and I'm going to cry, leveling isn't fun.

Make heroics actually hard again, and make LFR only half the raid so to see the whole raid you actually have to join a real group.

And please for the love of god remove racials, they're impossible to balance and it forces certain classes to play certain races (like right now, Rogues need to be Orc to survive in PvP because of the stun duration reduction, etc, and Alliance DPS need to be Human for the +4% PvP Power from having a second trinket, etc.) would just make the game a lot better to not have the ridiculous racials, the ones that are like +1% Crit or whatever are fine, but the ones that actually heavily impact the game need to go.

Rogues don't have to be orcs I k ow a few rogues getting glad this season that are undead.

I hope blizzard will make the next exp just like they did with MoP. There is so much you can do, in this xpac.

First Raidtier: really nice if lots of bosses and three different raids.
    Daylies: 5.0 daylies were too many but 5.1 daylihub i actually enjoyed questing there getting the new lore quest every now and then.
    challenge modes: really nice idea.
    brawlers guild: enjoyed it alot.
    farmville: first i didnt like it but now beeing able to build all my flasks just from planting seeds really awesome
    petbattle: dont like it that much still if you are a bit bored flying around and doing 1-2 petbattle quests kinda nice. better than running around shrine 2 hours, waiting for the raid.
    PvP: i dont like pvp that much but the new bgs seem kinda nice. see a lot of people liking Rbgs never tried it tbh.

WoW never had that much to offer in any xpac before and if you hate all of them, you are playing the wrong game. But saying this addon ist just for pokemon farmville and kungfu panda fans is just plain stupid. I was concerned too that it would be too much of this pandastuff but its well balanced. So if the next xpac if BL or azshara or something new, with these things plus the new one they didnt annonce yet, it will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Only Night Elves? There have been ton of Blood Elves who are Demon Hunters. There is a training ground in the Black Temple remember. That, and it's just no limited to them (at least soon).
    These Blood Elves have no association with the Horde Blood Elves.
    Please remember that Kael'thas' association with Illidan was kept secret from the Sindorei people up until the Horde and Alliance assault Outland and he dies (and then dies again, after betraying his own people even further by helping attempt to turn the Sunwell into a portal).

The Sunfury had a small number of demon hunters being trained, but the players kill these.
    The Sindorei of Quel'Thalas (playable) have never had any knowledge of how to become Demon Hunters.

The next expansion will probably be released the same year as WoW's tenth anniversary and because of this, I think the next expansion should be one where Blizzard should pull out all the stops...and hurl them into the sun.

This could mean something on the level of a Burning Legion expansion where we straight-up kill Sargeras.

Argus, Xoroth, or even both would be potential settings. I have a preference for Argus simply because it would mean more Draenei involvement, but Xoroth might be a better location for a final confrontation with Sargeras. Maybe we could have the best of both worlds where the expansion mostly takes place on Argus, but we occasionally slip over onto Xoroth to screw with the Burning Legion over there.

Perhaps Xoroth will be a sort of nexus used by the Burning Legion to attack worlds throughout the universe. And we'll defeat the Legion by constructing a weapon of unfathomable power (with some components unique to Argus, hence our presence there), and use to to literally cause Xoroth to explode. Like I said, this expansion should lack subtlety.

Ethereals might make a decent enough playable race, and could be neutral like the Pandaren. Another option would be another non-demonic version of a traditionally demon race, or just allow a playable demonic race that for whatever reason has turned on the Burning Legion.

On the class side of things with Warlocks absorbing so many of the Demon Hunters' iconic abilities, I'm not sure if they would be a viable class or not. There are other viable choices, but none of them would really match the theme of a Burning Legion expansion. Might be best to give new classes a rest this time around.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I may have posted this earlier in the thread - can't be arsed looking - too many similar threads..to many pages. Anyway, I see 90-95 Burning Legion invasion of Azeroth, with KJ as THE boss. Then 95-100 with the alliance and horde entering another portal to the Burning Legions home base with Sarg as last boss. Then...Titan??

Also, a wish that technically Blizz may not be able to pull off - a combined Horde/alliance raid 10/10 or 20/20. They have to work together to advance through bosses. May be on different paths, but are in same instance. Can't move onto next boss until other faction does their part. Both groups occasionally cross paths.PVP flags on at all times.
    Last edited by Balir; 2013-02-17 at 02:57 AM.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Deleted
    I can almot visualize that blizzard conference in a couple of years:

"So guys, I know we're still making a lot of money with WoW but we've reached level 100 and we cant go on like this because a couple of years ago I promised the internet we'd stop at 100."

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    6. Homogenization is a term Blizz hasn't used since Wrath. And the majority of stat removal was in Cata, only a few things were reworked in MoP (spirit was the big one). Though I do agree, we don't need more Chi/Holy Power/Shadow Or... you know what, let's just say Chi whenever we mean the plethora of Chi-esque resources added in Cata/MoP.
    First, GC will remove some defense stats, dodge, parry, block, etc.

Next, I speculate he will merge hit and expertise.

Who knows what's after that?

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 03:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    3 new races:
    Ethereal - Neutral
    Broken - Alliance
    Ogre - Horde

AND

1 new Hero Class:
    Demon Hunter

It will also cap at 100, and come out as part of a "Year of Warcraft" to celebrate WoW's 10th anniversary.
    Very nice, but that would be a lot of work. It doesn't fit with the Activision's new WoW philosophy of "minimum content, maximum profit".

They think their dev time is best put to use to generate mount/pet store sales.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 03:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blixsauce View Post
    I can not understand how people think the next expansion or the one after that will be the "final" expansion. Blizzard Activision is pulling in more than a billion dollars a year. Do you really think that they will say "Well that's it! Level cap is 100 now! Bye!" No way in hell Blizzard, Vivendi or Activision are just going to pull the plug.
    Can bet you 10 bucks that there will be atleast another handfull of expansion packs.
    I agree. Blizz already said they will make content as long as there is a subscriber base.