Difference between now and at the release?

Hi, played this game at the pre-release and like a month in. Got 50 and did some pvp and expert/heroic dungeons. Which was either extremely easy or so difficult that you couldn't clear them except by abusing bugs/exploits.

So my main question is mostly, are there still as many bugs in this game as there once were?
    Watched some videos of the raid content and that looked pretty cool.
    However where ever i look on the forums i see bugs in most classes. Warriors being top dps cause of it, same with chloromancer etc.

There's a pretty big difference between "Bugs" and "Balance". Bugs get fixed. Balance issues are eternal and ever evolving in near any MMO. More importantly, forums exist to give whiners a place to rant. The official forums aren't bad, but everyone wants to complain about something, so it looks like there are problems. It's the nature of forums.

Here's a list of all the changes to Rift since release.

Rep grind is far far worse now that at release, back then u got rep from killing mobs inside instances and bosses think it was 3000 rep for a full run of AC v 250 rep for an end boss in the instance now.... and much higher rep from dailies used to be 300 or so rep per daily, 120 rep now....., I know they added carnage and IA but dam 75 rep is pitiful in comparison.
    The rest of the game however has improved vastly though, so happy that I have 1 year sub

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Rep grind is far far worse now that at release, back then u got rep from killing mobs inside instances and bosses think it was 3000 rep for a full run of AC v 250 rep for an end boss in the instance now.... and much higher rep from dailies used to be 300 or so rep per daily, 120 rep now....., I know they added carnage and IA but dam 75 rep is pitiful in comparison.
    The rest of the game however has improved vastly though, so happy that I have 1 year sub
    This is the single biggest reason say the rep grind is worse because everyone grinded Rep by doing instances before. I notice bugs, but not more then I did in any other MMO especially WoW. You have always had your FOTM classes that are played over others. Main issue we got right now that does not even affect 99% of the playerbase is the newest raid boss appears to be balanced off of a chloro healing bug.

Outside of that gear is earned now compared to be given away. They have yet to over react to the qq'n about expert being hard to clear. Dimensions are pretty addictive IMO. The world gear you get and upgrade is actually on par with expert gear and is very nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    The rep grind is serious put off for me. I'm not surprised that there was a fishing bot explosion. As you say before (classic rift) the quest turn-ins gave more rep and mob kills plus instances gave some. I don't mind that
    there is some gating but so many rep require glorified it's a huge undertaking that I'm currently not up for.

I think I'm going to back off a bit on the game and see what's on the horizon since frankly SL is going to burn me out in it's current incarnation. I need 55k rep for glorified Torvan and Hunt Rift groups are making my eyes bleed. Raid rifts are stupidly dumb easy now just an overwhelming Meh for me atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    The rep grind is serious put off for me. I'm not surprised that there was a fishing bot explosion. As you say before (classic rift) the quest turn-ins gave more rep and mob kills plus instances gave some. I don't mind that
    there is some gating but so many rep require glorified it's a huge undertaking that I'm currently not up for.
    The runes are nice, but to be serious here. If you are not bleeding edge of progression raiding they really are not required. I am just having fun with customizing my dimension and getting my tank and dps sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The runes are nice, but to be serious here. If you are not bleeding edge of progression raiding they really are not required.
    I'm a min/maxer always have been and regardless if you're bleeding edge raiding or not if you raid you should be trying to max your character. I typically don't shoot for world first kills/guilds but do like to be in one of the top 2 competitive guilds on a particular shard but meh can't get warm and fuzzy about this time around.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a min/maxer always have been and regardless if you're bleeding edge raiding or not if you raid you should be trying to max your character. I typically don't shoot for world first kills/guilds but do like to be in one of the top 2 competitive guilds on a particular shard but meh can't get warm and fuzzy about this time around.
    WoW had similar arguments with the Dailygate scandal, and I understand, but I also realize that it's more telling that you don't enjoy doing whatever it takes to be the best anymore. You think the problem is the system, just like I did with WoW, but it's really not. You just don't want to do what it takes anymore...that's what isn't enjoyable.

This is definitely not meant as an insult, because I had a similar revelation with Mists. Once I took a step back and realized I couldn't or wouldn't do what it took to be ahead of everything, I discovered how to play the game in a new way that I enjoyed more. Doing that isn't for everyone though, so there's a chance you still won't be satisfied, but if you can change your perspective and goals you might rediscover a way to love playing.

It's worth a shot anyways.

The biggest changes from Vanilla Rift were we could not do massive raids of mathos rep runs to max out rep and you could not run one instance 50 times and get max rep. Instances used to give 3k per rep and now you get 150 from the last boss.

My major complaint honestly is the only having the last boss reward marks and only rewarding marks if you have a daily. Outisd eof selling gear I greed wtf is the point in queue'n after you hit your daily limit? The instances should atleast reward a equiment cache or something after you hit your daily limit for marks.

People cannot complain there are no tanks queue'n when there is literally zero incentive to actually queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This is definitely not meant as an insult, because I had a similar revelation with Mists. Once I took a step back and realized I couldn't or wouldn't do what it took to be ahead of everything, I discovered how to play the game in a new way that I enjoyed more. Doing that isn't for everyone though, so there's a chance you still won't be satisfied, but if you can change your perspective and goals you might rediscover a way to love playing.

It's worth a shot anyways.
    Yeah I did it once already. I raided HK fairly bleeding edge (8 of 11 server firsts including Akylios) and then played casually and PVPed skipping the ID tier altogether. I decided to return to raiding with SL I'm already gear maxed except for raid gear and BiS runes but yeah I'm done with it I didn't sign up for the last 3 raids.

I'm going to step back now and dabble with other aspects and games but I still stand by the grind increase is dumb for SL at least in classic there were other means to abtain the rep the fishing bot explosion is direct result of this Aion 1.0 mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to step back now and dabble with other aspects and games but I still stand by the grind increase is dumb for SL at least in classic there were other means to abtain the rep the fishing bot explosion is direct result of this Aion 1.0 mentality.
    Yeah, not going to lie...achievements and 'silly' things like fishing were a thing I was anticipating with great joy. The original world has a lot to offer someone. It's kinda nice coming in behind a game and being able to honestly just play it casual from the get go. I will admit that even the fishing bots put a damper on my mood. I ran into like a level 5 in a level 40+ zones hiding in a cave with a pool of water in front of it.

I reported them, but I know nothing will happen. Also odd to see someone in your guild getting every fishing achievement under the sun in a span of hours and never responding to the congrats messages from guildies...doesn't make me feel very good about it. Just trying to keep telling myself it doesn't matter what other people are doing, I'm playing this game for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between now and release? easy, all the "kool trending, hipster kiddies" have now "discovered" Rift and are polluting the Forums and chat with their crap and inane babble

While it might seem selfish to me, but great for Trion, i much preferred Rift this time last year when it had a smaller, yet clued in community, it was a solid playerbase; but now seeing as all the "Hail the new Messiah!" MMO's the Prophets forecast would bring World Peace and feed the World crashed and burned, they turned their attention onto Rift...unfortunately.

Now it's just whine, whine, QQ, QQ waaah, what do you mean i have to "grind" out Rep, what grind? i did a side by side comparison of the old Rift 1.0 Factions Rep "grind" and the so-called Rep grind in Storm Legion and compared the number of days/months. So far it's on track between the amount of time for me to get Glorified with Icewatch, Dragonslayer and Mathos as i got with Lycini, Caretakers and soon Eternal City.

Storm Legion isn't even out two full months and people are filling the Pacific basin with tears, looool, priceless, totally funny to read

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The difference between now and release? easy, all the "kool trending, hipster kiddies" have now "discovered" Rift and are polluting the Forums and chat with their crap and inane babble

While it might seem selfish to me, but great for Trion, i much preferred Rift this time last year when it had a smaller, yet clued in community, it was a solid playerbase; but now seeing as all the "Hail the new Messiah!" MMO's the Prophets forecast would bring World Peace and feed the World crashed and burned, they turned their attention onto Rift...unfortunately.

Now it's just whine, whine, QQ, QQ waaah, what do you mean i have to "grind" out Rep, what grind? i did a side by side comparison of the old Rift 1.0 Factions Rep "grind" and the so-called Rep grind in Storm Legion and compared the number of days/months. So far it's on track between the amount of time for me to get Glorified with Icewatch, Dragonslayer and Mathos as i got with Lycini, Caretakers and soon Eternal City.

Storm Legion isn't even out two full months and people are filling the Pacific basin with tears, looool, priceless, totally funny to read
    I have also noticed the increase in chat trolls aswell, It's not selfish to want the old RIFT back, i agree now it has become more "popular" i have seen a mass increase in player whining on forums, although the pvp whining has always been there. We really need some pvp love. there are pros and cons to having a larger playerbase, but the pros definately outweigh the cons in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say the game is alot better, better condition, better content & better community than it was at launch.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

*snip*
    Or you could realize that people who have kept relatively quiet, but already played the game, start to evolve into the people you are complaining about. You do realize they are influenced by other game populations and their behavior, no? While you might have an influx of players, this game is still so low under the radar it's really unfathomable. The majority of what you experience are people who already played.

It's really a systemic problem, not a game specific one. While I agree that Trion might not deserve it, a lot of MMO developers do.

Oddly enough the hipsters are a necessary evil. As long as it does not get overboard to the point of offending or being cruel and it is just humor I do not care. If you log into a game and the chat channels are completely silent then you assume...game = dead noone is playing.

Hell I remember the days of WoW being in a low level zone and chat channels were dead and I thought I was the only one playing, then went to the city and saw everyone and everyone was talking. As long as it is kept to the lowbie channels and actual request are not being ignored like a LF for a lowbie dungeon then I do not mind.

It probably is best to take a break because it helped me even though some of the design decisions in SL have raised my temper it has not made me rage too bad. The sandbox approach they took with Dimensions was genius. It has led to a show on GBtv completely dedicated to them.

Hybrid sandbox and themepark is where the genre is going. In case you have not seen ArchAge is the next labeled WoW killer and is a hybrid right along with EQNext. Do not be shocked if you start seeing more stuff you expect to see in a sandbox getting tossed into Rift.