New Computer performance?

1 x Case NZXT Phantom Full Tower Gaming Case - Black
    1 x Processor AMD FX-8150 CPU (8x 3.60GHz/8MB L2 Cache) - FREE Upgrade to FX-8350 8-Core CPU
    1 x Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - Standard 120mm Fan
    1 x Memory 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X
    1 x Video Card AMD Radeon HD 7770 - 1GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards)
    1 x Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 -- AMD 970
    1 x Power Supply 850 Watt - AZZA Dynamo 850W
    1 x Primary Hard Drive 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

So this is the build i just ordered on Ibuypower for $980. Would you guys say this is a nice set up, what will i be looking at for fps in World of warcraft, Diablo 3, Far Cry 3, etc, and on what graphics settings? also, would I be able to stream at 720p with this set up, if the game is on mid settings? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    FX 8150 Ouch... Performance wise for gaming the CPU is atrocious and will perform quite slow in comparison to even a Core i3 3220 for World of Warcraft. The GPU is a lower end GPU but still shouldn't be that bad overall. For $980 though you could have built a far better PC yourself and gotten even a Core i5 3570K.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2013-01-07 at 01:36 AM.

Deleted
    Its really saddens me to see that youve already ordered it since I think the price may be a bit too high for what kind of performance you crave. On top of it all the 850 W power supply seems totally out of the picture. If you still can cancel your order. Do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    FX 8150 Ouch...
    it is a free upgrade to the 8350, 8 core 4.0 ghz cpu, which is what they are installing into the machine.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    FX 8150 Ouch... Performance wise for gaming the CPU is atrocious and will perform quite slow in comparison to even a Core i3 3220 for World of Warcraft. The GPU is a lower end GPU but still shouldn't be that bad overall. For $980 though you could have built a far better PC yourself and gotten even a Core i5 3570K.

i also have no need to over clock as I just don't see the since in shortening the life span of your hardware only to increase your performance by only a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omg40000 View Post
    it is a free upgrade to the 8350, 8 core 4.0 ghz cpu, which is what they are installing into the machine.
    Even still, the 8350 doesn't touch the i5 3570K in World Of Warcraft.

Here's an example of a better build you could have done yourself:
    http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=18858691

Better CPU, Better GPU.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=549

So what do you guys think I will average for on FPS in primarily World of Warcraft, and Diablo 3, and on what settings?

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 09:10 PM ----------

bumpbumpbump

Quote Originally Posted by omg40000 View Post
    i also have no need to over clock as I just don't see the since in shortening the life span of your hardware only to increase your performance by only a little.
    While it is fine that you don't want to overclock, the idea that doing so shortens the life span of parts is old fashioned... CPUs nowadays are basically made to be overclocked, and any shortening of life that occurs from doing so is not so significant that you would notice (i.e. it will be way out of date before then).

Either way, we don't really allow these threads... There's nothing to discuss because you've already made the purchase.