Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Razer Orbweaver Gaming Keypad

Have any of you ordered and received your Razer Orbweaver yet? I'm still using my trusty Nostromo and I'm just wondering what you think of the Orbweaver compared to Nostromo.

Thanks.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...azer-orbweaver

Just curious...are those more geared for FPS games? Also are they flat out keyboard replacements for most/all games? (I assume you would still need a keyboard for some stuff).

$129.99USD 0.o I'll be sticking with my logitech G13 paid $69 for it thats almost have the price lol plus I know if the G13 proves to be half as sturdy as my G15 it has years and years of service left and it has so far ^^

@Menkey I use the G13 and my naga to play mmo's the only reason I touch my keyboard is to chat. I can never go back to playing on a standard keyboard ever again :P
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

10+ Year Old Account
    Ordering peripherals without looking at a bunch of reviews is a bad idea.

Also, I wasn't able to find any information about the actual switches on the keyboard.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

just out of interest, do you use these along side a normal keyboard? if not, then how do you cope with only 16 keys? or is there function to "scroll" through,

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    just out of interest, do you use these along side a normal keyboard? if not, then how do you cope with only 16 keys? or is there function to "scroll" through,
    Used Logitech G13 for years now. It's in addition to normal keyboard, not replacing it except while gaming. I use regular keyboard in WoW for text chatting only.

Been wishing for a while now that Logitech would upgrade it with mechanical keys, but too afraid with Razer rep and the pricetag and high learning curve to pick up the new mechanical 'Nostromo'. G13 had already pretty high learning curve but when you get used to it it's lot nicer than any WASD keyboard mainly because it's easier to bind stuff below and left that would be otherwise unused.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I can give you some information about it soon, I am part of Team Razer. Tho because of my honesty with the products I cannot say much about anything. I can tell you I'll have one shortly to toy around with, just got a Razer Sabertooth, the new Xbox controller. So far so good, but I'm not going to give you guys false hope if you are looking for a modded Xbox controller for competition level play, goto scuf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    $129.99USD 0.o I'll be sticking with my logitech G13 paid $69 for it thats almost have the price
    I chuckled at the price of the Orbweaver because it has less functionality than the G13 for more money.

Razer really love to overcharge people for their kit.

You know when a company is overcharging when they are more expensive than Apple for a lesser product - see Razer Blade vs Retina MacBook Pro.

Looks cool, but knowing Razer quite well at this point, i give it 6 months of heavy use and it will break.

I imagine the mechanical keys are blue MX Switches, if anything.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    I chuckled at the price of the Orbweaver because it has less functionality than the G13 for more money.

You know when a company is overcharging when they are more expensive than Apple for a lesser product - see Razer Blade vs Retina MacBook Pro.
    I'd hesitate calling mechanical keys a "lesser product".

10+ Year Old Account
    It says 'Infinite commands and unlimited macros" at 0:25 but that's impossible for a start because there's only a finite number of ways to arrange all the atoms in the universe into the Planck spaces.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post

This at least incorporates mechanical keys... Apple from what I can tell doesn't even acknowledge mechanical keys.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Looks cool, but knowing Razer quite well at this point, i give it 6 months of heavy use and it will break.
    Hear hear,.
    Razer is really a "hype" brand,. the quality of the products is actually below par.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I'd hesitate calling mechanical keys a "lesser product".
    Mechanical keyboard technology is older than the more current "mainstream" keyboards,.
    They can be quite inferior to high quality keyboards of either kind.

Poor quality mechanical keys are a lot more prone to break - and good luck fixing that,. you'd be cheaper off buying a whole new keyboard.
    Last edited by bbr; 2013-01-07 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Mechanical keyboard technology is older than the more current "mainstream" keyboards,.

Poor quality mechanical keys are a lot more prone to break - and good luck fixing that,. you'd be cheaper off buying a whole new keyboard.
    This is the sort of argument that makes me feel the need to remind you the wheel is also quite old technology. Or fire, for that matter. MX switches tend to be pretty darn gosh solid.

Bigger issue is that Razer doesn't appear too good at build quality nor quality control. That's why I'd be more wary, regardless of what product they were trying to sell me...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post

Oh, really? Is that why 20-30 year old mechanical keyboards still work while there are newer membrane keyboards that are dead after a few years and show wear on their keys after a year? While my old Logitech G15 v2 still works, the WASD keys are comparably more worn feeling (when you actually click them down) than the other keys. That is degradation and those keys are likely to die soon enough, thus making the keyboard dead.

My Corsair K90 will not have this issue.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    This is the sort of argument that makes me feel the need to remind you the wheel is also quite old technology. Or fire, for that matter. MX switches tend to be pretty darn gosh solid.

Bigger issue is that Razer doesn't appear too good at build quality nor quality control. That's why I'd be more wary, regardless of what product they were trying to sell me...
    Solid, and how about the fact that a replacement switch isn't hard to come by nor are they super expensive. So his whole statement is horridly inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Solid, and how about the fact that a replacement switch isn't hard to come by nor are they super expensive.
    Actually those are super expensive. Price of Cherry MX switches in ebay is around $2-2.5 each.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for delayed response to the thread. Been quite busy.

The Orbweaver (Nostromo, G13) is not a replacement for a keyboard, it's an addition to a keyboard for your left hand. Apart from chatting I never touch my keyboard while gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    I can give you some information about it soon, I am part of Team Razer.
    Fantastic. Please give me an update when you can. I'm wondering if it has a Space Bar (Button 15) like a Nostromo or not. I think that could really make or break this item for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    Sorry for delayed response to the thread. Been quite busy.

The Orbweaver (Nostromo, G13) is not a replacement for a keyboard, it's an addition to a keyboard for your left hand. Apart from chatting I never touch my keyboard while gaming.

Fantastic. Please give me an update when you can. I'm wondering if it has a Space Bar (Button 15) like a Nostromo or not. I think that could really make or break this item for me.
    new to MMO-C forums just to reply here. but, yes, essentially right under the thumb is a space bar. the button on top of it is alt by default. just got mine and still playing around with it though. but in conjunction with a naga seems like it will work well.