Page 1 of 2
LastLast

UA Not Soul Swapping

I have noticed that UA is often not swapped during a soul swap. Am I missing something? Does it need to tick on the original target beforehand?

Seems to swap OK if I do a Soul Burn to the first target then immediately soul swap to a second target.

Deleted
    are you hit capped?

Yes. But it even happens on mobs while doing dailys etc so I went and tried it in a training dummy and it happened a few times on them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodt View Post
    are you hit capped?
    Soul Swap Exhale cannot miss anyway, hit capped or not.
    Don't know about the OP's problem though :x

Deleted
    i only had that problem while playing without hit cap. does it only happen with UA and never with the other dots? i cant remember a missing UA after a ss (with hit cap).
    Last edited by mmocd4b9946dea; 2013-01-07 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Exhale may not miss, but the spells within it can. If you're not hit capped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Exhale may not miss, but the spells within it can. If you're not hit capped.
    I don't think so. I've tried for a few minutes¨swapping dots between 2 raid boss dummies with 0% hit, never lost a single dot.
    You can miss if you use SB:SS (the whole spell can miss, or any of the three dots can be missing), but you won't lose any dot with Exhale.

Corruption and Agony swap every time. Only UA seems to have the issue. I don't get the usual *spell miss* sound when I swap and UA is not applied but maybe it doesn't happen on exhales anyway.

I've noticed this before too, but it only seems to happen once in a blue moon, mostly notice it during dailies. It can happen when you swap from one target to another and when you soulburn it. I'm hitcapped, so i dont think hit has any part of it.

I usually put up Agony > Corr > UA .. Maybe i'll try doing UA first and see if it still happens.

Deleted
    I can get something similar, If I use SB:SS from a flying mount, while being in the air, the target only gets Agony and Corruption (hit capped of course).
    It's a bug I've noticed sometimes indeed.

No. If I use SB:SS the UA seems to be applied 99% the time. It's only if I manually dot a target, see another mob nearby so a SS to that second mob. No UA has not dropped off the first target when I do it.

IDK about SS:Exhale but SB:SS definitely applies all three dots as individual applications and if you aren't hit capped any of them could fail to apply.

I don't think so. I've tried for a few minutes¨swapping dots between 2 raid boss dummies with 0% hit, never lost a single dot.
    You can miss if you use SB:SS (the whole spell can miss, or any of the three dots can be missing), but you won't lose any dot with Exhale.
    Yes it can. I've had it happen.

Deleted
    I've definitely had situations where I've SS'd and not all of my dots have applied, I had it quite frequently when I was under the hit cap by a fair margin - it was one of the things that prompted me to stick around the 14% mark after I got the gear to do that and still have heaps of secondary stats - SB:SSing and only having 1 dot apply sucks ass.

I find it puzzling that you're not getting the same results, makes me wonder if it WAS missing or if it was something else weird going on.

I've had random UA's not go off for me as well when using SS/SB, hit capped. But I've been playing destro for a month now, playing it under hit cap and I never miss anything!

I used to have this issue in Cata when I SS immediately after the UA cast had finished, since the other two dots have a GCD to calculate, it used to be a latency thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I've definitely had situations where I've SS'd and not all of my dots have applied, I had it quite frequently when I was under the hit cap by a fair margin - it was one of the things that prompted me to stick around the 14% mark after I got the gear to do that and still have heaps of secondary stats - SB:SSing and only having 1 dot apply sucks ass.

I find it puzzling that you're not getting the same results, makes me wonder if it WAS missing or if it was something else weird going on.
    SB:SS can miss, I'm talking about the normal unglyphed Soul Swap when you swap dots from one target to another. This one can't and will never miss. And the 3 dots will always be applied. Just go and try it.

Just checked again, Soul Swap can miss when you first cast it (with the Glyph you get the 30s cooldown but don't get the Soul Swap buff ), but Exhale cannot (and you won't lose any dot). That or I'm the luckiest man on earth to never lose any dot over 200+ casts with no +hit.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-01-07 at 07:55 AM.

Things like that have happened to me where i would cast a dot on a mob and nothing happens

Deleted
    SB:SS can miss, I'm talking about the normal unglyphed Soul Swap when you swap dots from one target to another. This one can't and will never miss. And the 3 dots will always be applied. Just go and try it.

Just checked again, Soul Swap can miss when you first cast it (with the Glyph you get the 30s cooldown but don't get the Soul Swap buff ), but Exhale cannot (and you won't lose any dot).
    Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding.

IGNORE ME.