why does this ALWAYS seem to happen to me?

Hey all,

So on the topic of call to arms (holiday weekend) battlegrounds, lately (probably at least for a year now?) running holiday battlegrounds in any leveling bracket by yourself completely has been a completely miserable experience. Now I know what the first assumption might be here: that I can't pvp, I'm "doing it wrong" and contributing to my teams success, I'm in the bracket at the lower end or my gear is complete garbage, etc. but that's not it at all. Time and time again, the people that I'm paired with skill aside, simply put have extremely small health pools and levels vs the opposition.

It has gotten rediculous as of this weekend, WSG. I haven't won a WSG match at all in nearly two full days of trying on/off on multiple toons. On my 84 priest, I have roughly 110k health (not saying this is phenominal or anything like that, just giving out a benchmark that I have almost all MoP greens/rares at this level), and would consider myself to be reasonably sufficient to preform at this bracket. My team however fails time and time again to even come close to showing right of the bat that they are in this bg to win. How so? Most level 84's that I get paired with have ~50k at best with buffs, and in the last match I was in...a level 80 rogue on my team with...17k health...seriously, how does one even think that they can help a team win when pretty much any geared character at this bracket could straight up one shot with any luck?

I've played WSG more than any other bg, my oldest toon is 1/3 through revered, and whilst leveling, WSG basically has no reward (looking strictly in terms of XP anyway) because you need to atleast get a cap to get any xp/rep and from my history, teams that get the first cap win it via shutout 8 or 9 times out of 10. From this, it's extremely frustrating when I can't get placed on a team that even appears to come close AT ALL to the gear levels or teamwork the opposition always has on call to arms bgs. Even if I have toons in the same bracket, queue up as horde 5 games in a row with piss-poor results, then switch to alliance (not just same level bracket but same bracket for good measure), and repeat the same process, I get the same results. I don't want to feel like I win every bg I join, or even a 50% success rate but how does one get around getting paired with such undergeared folk that are only good at dragging the team down?

I'm at a total loss here, I know bg-ing as a means of leveling your toons was never really meant to be the way to go or an enjoyable process (see twinks...) but there just has to be a reason why I'm soooo unlucky. All in all, I wish that the problem was that I just suck at pvp, don't get my class, or just suck at being a good teammate, but it's not that at all!

TL;DR Do you have success with CTA bg's in the leveling brackets? What are you doing that I'm not???

Deleted
    Try the addon "healers have to die" and mess with the healers and the flag carriers. Then again that's at 85-89.

look at their gear when theyre at 17k hp or something i'm REALLY sure theyve botted like 30-40 levels through bgs and gotten no new gear

e: and there are far too many bg bots nowadays

oh and the opposite has the same slackers bots and afk'ers in every now and then too
    Last edited by adnre; 2013-01-07 at 02:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

You probably been unlucky with bots