View Poll Results: Have you tried Shark Fin Soup before?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 9.78%
  • No, but would like to try

26 14.13%
  • No, totally against it

140 76.09%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It is right to attack religion and other cultures if they are doing something that abuses the rights of others, including animals.
    It is not right to attack someone based on their race or sexuality as that is who they are.

There is a difference. I doubt you can see that though as judging by the last part of what you said you prefer to stay ignorant.
    You do understand we are.talking about fish right? I just fail to see.the big deal. Same with whales. If they arent endangered who are you to say its wrong? What makes you a guru in whats right and wrong? Where do you get that authority? When people learn to just worry about their own culture and ignore the rest of the world it will be a better place.

The fish you eat was not killed in a quick way, it has slowly suffocated on the deck of a fish trawler. The sharks with cut off fins will die quicker than the average Atlantic cod that is used in fish sticks and other very common fish based products. We also torture many other animals the way we raise them.

If you eat eggs you should know that the male baby chicks of the egg-laying hybrids are ground up alive. Don't believe me?:

The henns lay an egg every day and after 12 months her egg laying starts to decline. Now comes the cruel part. They get moulted. This involves complete withdrawal of food (and sometimes water) for 7–14 days or sufficiently long to cause a body weight loss of 25 to 35%. This stimulates the hen to lose her feathers, but also reinvigorates egg-production. Some flocks may be force moulted several times. 75% of all flocks are moulted in the US.

We need to stop eating meat, at least reduce the ammount drastical. If you only have meat on sunday you won't suffer from any malnutrition ever and would reduce the demand for meat producing fabrics.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-01-08 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    The fish you eat was not killed in a quick way, it has slowly suffocated on the deck of a fish trawler. The sharks with cut off fins will die quicker than the average Atlantic cod that is used in fish sticks and other very common fish based products. We also torture many other animals the way we raise them.

If you eat eggs you should know that the male baby chicks of the egg-laying hybrids are ground up alive. Don't believe me?:

The henns lay an egg every day and after 12 months her egg laying starts to decline. Now comes the cruel part. They get moulted. This involves complete withdrawal of food (and sometimes water) for 7–14 days or sufficiently long to cause a body weight loss of 25 to 35%. This stimulates the hen to lose her feathers, but also reinvigorates egg-production. Some flocks may be force moulted several times. 75% of all flocks are moulted in the US.

We need to stop eating meat, at least reduce the ammount drastical. If you only have meat on sunday you won't suffer from any malnutrition ever and would reduce the demand for meat producing fabrics.
    Haha i read your whole post all excited.about your points then you let me down. Thes are not pets, they dont need to have a good life they are.food. I dont care how it dies as long as its sanitary for me to eat. I love meat and fish. I hunt and fish and string trout which is far more abusive than killing a shark but its a common practice in the us. Have you ever dealt with a gut shot deer. Takes up to 8 hours.to poison it self to death. We are predators deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    We should cut off arms and legs off people doing this and throw them into the water and see how the feel.

Fucking messed up world.
    Sorry to tell you this but if you ever ate fish sticks or Lobster, Ducks, Geese you are hardly better.

Fish are left to choke to death on the Nets, Storage Tanks of Fishing Boats.
    Lobsters are boiled alive.
    Geese,Ducks Chickens are tied down and force feed until they nearly drown in the vomit.
    Snakes, Mice get mutilated and left to suffer in fields due to Pesticides, Harvesting machines.

Still so eager for your bloodbath, when we include your Friends, Family, Co workers and so forth? They are all committing similar things. Or are they excused because it is part of your civilization and therefore not a crime worthy of being killed?

I am just trying to figure out what gives you the right, to demand the death of people, who you never even met. Or if your crimes can be forgiven and others persecuted because you think you are superior.

Think about what you are buying people. You are supporting the production/harvesting of whatever you buy..

People willing to pay for this are the problem. They see no value in other animals and they don't think it matters if they pay for it.
    They are supporting pure horror, evil... disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    Think about what you are buying people. You are supporting the production/harvesting of whatever you buy..

People willing to pay for this are the problem. They see no value in other animals and they don't think it matters if they pay for it.
    They are supporting pure horror, evil... disgusting

Okay and you never had meat before? Shell fish?

I don't see anyone crying when a lobster or other shell fish is cooked alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Yeah you're not racist at all.
    "China" is not a race.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    I like to fish in the ocean, a river, a lake, wherever. I don't understand people who complain about certain species being killed JUST FOR THE SIMPLE FACT that it was brought up on T.V.

No problem with millions of billions of chickens living in a cage their whole life then being slaughtered. BUT because the shark, whale, seal, polar bear, etc is cute WE NEED TO SAVE IT NOW!

Give me a break.
    I don't seem to figure out which country from the west cuts the beak of chicken, and then throws them away.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Those damn sharks had it coming. I had a lot of fear and anxiety every time I go into the Ocean because of sharks. I even have nightmares about them sometimes.

Sounds like sweet "delicious" justice!

Yeah. Your paranoid irrational fears must be payed in blood.
    Last edited by Celltrex; 2013-01-08 at 06:15 PM.