Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Item Level 463 for LFR

Now that it's official, I wanted to hear some thoughts about the difficulty of achieving ilvl 463 for LFR. Heroic 5-mans drop 463 loot, so we are expected to either:

- grind out heroics and pray for a drop till _every_ slot is 463
    - hope for loot from a world boss one or twice a week
    - pvp (464) for pve gear
    - black market auction house

This seems to be too high a bar to set for a casual player. I thought that the 4.3 requirement of 6 levels below heroic 5-man loot (378 quest rewards and drops / 372 required) was much more reasonable.

Discuss.

PVP Gear does not count in the itemlevel, anbd nah, its not too much for a casual, as the heroics are really fast

Quote Originally Posted by toasttemp View Post
    Now that it's official, I wanted to hear some thoughts about the difficulty of achieving ilvl 463 for LFR. Heroic 5-mans drop 463 loot, so we are expected to either:

- grind out heroics and pray for a drop till _every_ slot is 463
    - hope for loot from a world boss one or twice a week
    - pvp (464) for pve gear
    - black market auction house

This seems to be too high a bar to set for a casual player. I thought that the 4.3 requirement of 6 levels below heroic 5-man loot (378 quest rewards and drops / 372 required) was much more reasonable.

Discuss.
    You forget crafting items (ilvl 463)

I dont know, it might be too much, maybe a 460 or something like that so you can have one or two 450 items.

It takes only a few hours to get 463. . . If that's too much for the average "Casual" then maby said person should swap to a single-player game or GW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Why wouldn't PvP gear count? The only difference is that the ilevel of PvP gear now matches its PvE stats making them just as useful as a similar PvE item, the extra PvP stats are "free".

Raise your reputation to revered with an appropriate faction and buy ilvl 489 gear.

Heroics in MoP are no where near as difficult as the Heroics in Cataclysm were at launch. The dungeons are all also pretty short, so farming heroic gear shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    PVP Gear does not count in the itemlevel
    Source for this please. My PvP gear adds on just fine.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

I am pretty sure it's intentional. There are sources of gear at or above 463 outside of heroics, such as crafted gear or VP gear. But the devs said they did not like how a freshly level-capped character was hopping into LFR sometimes within hours of reaching level cap. They want players to spend at least a little time and effort getting geared before jumping into LFR. This seems in line with that philosophy.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    It takes only a few hours to get 463. . . If that's too much for the average "Casual" then maby said person should swap to a single-player game or GW2.
    It can take much longer than that if you don't have very good luck. I've run heroics for many hours without many drops, often going through many instances without a single thing I can even use dropping, much less actually win. Sitting at about 456 ilvl right now.

I think 463 is probably reasonable, but because rep gear and/or patterns to craft gear takes FOREVER to get (and the justice gear is trash), that requirement is a little annoying to actually achieve unless you grind for days or are just lucky.
    “All statements within these quotation marks are untrue.”

i hit 458 yesterday with a total of 4 hours in dungeons since release and no im not getting loot constantly on my mage

If it proves to be too high it'll be lowered. I'd say 459.
    You need quite a few 5hc pieces but you won't be completely screwed over because there's a few pieces with i450
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

Get 2 random Direbrew trinkets.

I love the irony...Cataclysm...any noob can run LFR and get loot...Panda...It's too hard to get geared enough to get into LFR LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Right..so..define "a few hours", please? JP items are ilv 450, VP items are ilv 489. Somewhere inbetween is the req ilv for LFraid...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    i hit 458 yesterday with a total of 4 hours in dungeons since release and no im not getting loot constantly on my mage
    First items are always the easier ones, since almost anything that drops is good for you.

The problem is when you are missing two slots, and the only drops are from the ones you have.

Ilvl counts your bags anyway, so if you are missing a neck 463 and you loot by greed one that is not good for you, it will count as long as you can equip it.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    I love the irony...Cataclysm...any noob can run LFR and get loot...Panda...It's too hard to get geared enough to get into LFR LOL
    Difference being: In MoP LFraid comes at the start, in Cata at the end of the x-pac....the AH had ilv 397 crafted and BoEs from Valors and even the JP vendor had ilv 378 stuff, when the req ilv for LFraid was 372 (and crafted pvp gear in your inventory did count)
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.

What crafted/vendor gear is currently available beyond 450? All the 463+ items/patterns seem to be stuck behind long daily grinds, most of which cannot be completed by the time LFR opens next week (hello Golden Lotus gating).

I love running 5-mans, but, at some point it's just too much. We've all had loot that _never_ drops thanks to RNG. LFR level = heroic drops means that you'll need drops from EVERY slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Ilvl counts your bags anyway, so if you are missing a neck 463 and you loot by greed one that is not good for you, it will count as long as you can equip it.
    They need to fix that shitty loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    They need to fix that shitty loophole.
    Oh c'mon - have you forgotten the threads here of ppl who claim they did better dps in ilv 329 blues than fully epiced ppl and how it is atrocious that an ilv prevents truly skilled ppl from entering raids? there are always two sides to every story (and in the case of this forum community, there are always 3259 sides to every story)