Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Alts need to have reduce Ilvl for LFR

    The ones that have a clear anyways, a game can easily check for this.

    We know how to do these fights, we shouldn't have to spend so much gold to enter LFR again.

    They suck at replayability with alts.

  2. #2
    LFR clear doesn't imply someone has any idea what's going on there.

    Also I have seen LFR groups wiping due to enrage due to not enough damage or healing (half the raid dead).

    So: NO the required ilvl should not be reduced.

    The requirement isn't that hard to reach anyways.
    Last edited by dR-vIce; 2013-01-07 at 03:41 AM.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    Well it's kinda ridiculous that I have to spend 20k in order to get into HoF with my alts, it's kinda a big deal getting the wisdom legendary q items so getting in asap after hitting 90 is prefered. I'm just lucky I have enough gold to do this, but others on low amount of gold are basicly screwed, who would want to spam 200 heroic dungeons where everything gets ninjad to get their alt ready for LFR? Because that's the only option for poor people ingame.

    On the other hand the first two LFR are actually hard now because ppl afk so much that hitting enrage timers has become hard nowadays, I would hate to think what would happen if that group had to do the 2nd part of HoF instead........

  4. #4
    Wont be so bad once 5.2 hits, and you can use JP to buy all the old VP gear. Oh wait, yes it will because it's gated behind reps.

    Gearing up alts to get into Mogushan vaults isnt too bad. Having RNG favor you enough to get the item level for HOF/Terrace without supplimentation from valor gear sucks. Thats why queues for terrace are so bad. lack of people with 470+ item level. MSV queue for dps are 15-20 mins, not too bad. queues for HOF/terrace are 45mins - 1 hour.

    I don't like how JP buys you gear that is less item level than the instances that drop JP. By the time I have enough JP to buy a few pieces, im decked out in 463 gears and no longer need JP gear. Seems like such a waste.

    And gating 2 additional reps behind Golden Lotus is something that really grates me. If I want to quickly gear up an alt, 489 valor gear is great, but since golden lotus gives a chest for valor, I could get the crafted one in a quicker time than it takes to get revered with golden lotus, and in the mean time work towards the reps that give armor pieces I cant get through crafting or questing. You can get the shado pan cape at honored now on an alt if they havent encountered that rep yet with the commedation.

    I dont think the item level for LFR needs to be lowered at all, I just think that there needs to be some better or more easily access to gear to get you into LFR. I don't mind rep grinds when they are decently paced (the 5.1 reps for horde and alliance were great), golden lotus seems too long, the rep commendation makes it bearable but its still pretty long. Tabards and instance grinding made it too easy, but why not give 250 rep per daily like pretty much every daily in the past has done. Really hated the 110 and 137 rep per daily shit.

    I dont think an alt should be able to ding 90, then enter LFR withing a week of hitting 90, there should be some effort put forward in order to progress to LFR and beyond. But the odds seem stacked against alts this expac.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-01-07 at 04:04 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,486
    I have 6 alts all geared enough for HoF LFR - I rarely have over 10k gold and most of which is spent on flasks/food/potions for my main raids.
    Put in effort, the amount of entitlement these days is horrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  6. #6
    Oh god I read that title an just facepalmed, no no no.

    You level an alt you put it through its paces so you are up to scratch like everyone else. It may not be your first 90 so you may be better than your average newby 90 but it still has to have a certain ilvl to get through. If you feel you are better than that and dont need the ilvl just hae gear in your bag but your not doing anyone any favours by being below the ilvl needed, you will heal and do less damage than you should be and even if you claim that your still competitive with everyone else sure thats good but if you had more gear you would be even better!

    What raxxed said pretty much (post above mine)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

    We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Well it's kinda ridiculous that I have to spend 20k in order to get into HoF with my alts, it's kinda a big deal getting the wisdom legendary q items so getting in asap after hitting 90 is prefered. I'm just lucky I have enough gold to do this, but others on low amount of gold are basicly screwed, who would want to spam 200 heroic dungeons where everything gets ninjad to get their alt ready for LFR? Because that's the only option for poor people ingame.

    On the other hand the first two LFR are actually hard now because ppl afk so much that hitting enrage timers has become hard nowadays, I would hate to think what would happen if that group had to do the 2nd part of HoF instead........
    I'm what you might call "poor." I'm also an alt-aholic. And I do not support the idea of lowering the ilvl requirements for alts. Why? Because I've seen more than enough people who have gear completely screw up. This includes DPS, tanks, and healers.

    Honestly, if you can't wait, you can get into Vaults with crafted PVP gear with little money spent. After that it's just a few upgrades in Vaults to hit Heart. If that requires too much time spent then you probably shouldn't be leveling alts.

    EDIT:

    I just hit 90 on my sixth (yes, sixth) alt yesterday. I was already geared for heroics as soon as I hit 90, just from questing. I'm almost geared for Vaults now. I could have been ready for Vaults as soon as I hit 90 IF I felt like buying the PVP gear. But, really, that sort of defeats the purpose for me. I like seeing my damage increase as I "slowly" (as if taking three days to gear is slow) gear up.

    EDIT 2:

    Blizzard has already made the "rep grind" for alts easier.
    Last edited by Twotonsteak; 2013-01-07 at 04:00 AM.

  8. #8
    Sit back and think about this for a moment. Why do you WANT to do LFR on your alts? If you're not too focused on gearing up your alts to that ilvl, why do you even care about LFR on them?

    Don't fall into the trap of wanting something just because it's there. Half of the playerbase's entitlement issues come from that.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Upgraded archeology trinket is a great way to cheese up your item level.

  11. #11
    Not particulary hard to run one msv pug after dinging (no you don't need gear or friends to get into one, be a bit convincing+prove that you've done it on your main and you'll be just fine) and ask that you get all the drops that no one wants to increase your ilvl.

  12. #12
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,398
    Should be the opposite.. alts should require higher iLvl to enter.. people usually suck on their alts compared to their main.

    It's an alt.. you can simply wait until your ilvl is high enough from drops..

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Caribald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    375
    my alt was #1 on damage with 462 ilvl in MsV lfr -.- but still a bad idea, ilvl clearly isn't an indicator of anything.
    My old solo stuff can be seen on Twitch and Youtube

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Well it's kinda ridiculous that I have to spend 20k in order to get into HoF with my alts, it's kinda a big deal getting the wisdom legendary q items so getting in asap after hitting 90 is prefered. I'm just lucky I have enough gold to do this, but others on low amount of gold are basicly screwed, who would want to spam 200 heroic dungeons where everything gets ninjad to get their alt ready for LFR? Because that's the only option for poor people ingame.

    On the other hand the first two LFR are actually hard now because ppl afk so much that hitting enrage timers has become hard nowadays, I would hate to think what would happen if that group had to do the 2nd part of HoF instead........
    I think it would be even more ridiculous to expect to get into tier 2 content right after hitting 90.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Well it's kinda ridiculous that I have to spend 20k in order to get into HoF with my alts, it's kinda a big deal getting the wisdom legendary q items
    But alts DON'T need to be a week or two earlier on their legendary. That's why they're alts.

  16. #16
    Uh no. Not needed.

    My only alt is my Warlock. Done 0 heroics, 0 scenarios, and yet got to ilevel 460. How? Well, had some left over JP for two ilevel 458 blues when I hit 90. The rest? Quest rewards and crafted items.

    This is my Warlock: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...liana/advanced - Only gotten Gloves and Helm from LFR so far, and the Gloves were a side-grade to the crafted ones, so kinda moot there. The Ring is Exalted Klaxxi quest (Btw: with a Grand Commendation, it's 5 DAYS, start to finish, to hit Exalted Klaxxi, with 3 Dread Amber Shard turnins). The Necklace is Exalted Golden Lotus (2 weeks, start to finish). I got a couple 450 drops from Normal Mogu'Shan Palace, the shoulders are from the Dread Wastes.

    So no, no ilevel reduction needed. Think outside the box maybe. I did this toon this way to prove a point: You can get to LFR level with no real effort. As to the cost of the Gloves and Chest (crafted ones), they were due to excess Imperial Silk on a guild tailor who offered them up. My Warlock is a Scribe, so the Staff is obvious. Almost got her a Relic of Yu'lon, too.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2013-01-07 at 06:20 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

  17. #17
    You can enter into all the LFR if 2 friends invite you.

  18. #18
    no. lfr is painful as it is with people not knowing fights but having gear, now adding the variable of knows fights but no gear is gonna only add to the problem. just now did a terrace with a hunter who survived everything dodged everything but barely did any dmg to anything.
    thanks ROKAP for the awesome sig!

  19. #19
    No.

    Some people don't even know how to play their mains correctly, let alone play their alts.

    I saw an iLvl 489 hunter doing 33k today. Wasn't even using serpent sting. Applied it once at the start of the fight and never again.

  20. #20
    It's really not that hard.

    Full 450 blue set
    sha boots
    archeology offhand / polearm / trinket (either in bags or equipped)
    Dominance offensive ring + justice points gear and heroic gear that you acquire collecting the justice points
    + any other misc epics that you get from sha / msv lfr

    You should easily be able to get into hof and terrace lfr within a week of doing this.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •