Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Worst idea ever? Do u wanna wipe so badly that u want shitty geared to enter?

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    the amount of entitlement these days is horrifying.
    I cannot agree with this more if I tried.

Deleted
    I'm praying the OP was drunk when this thought hit him...

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Well it's kinda ridiculous that I have to spend 20k in order to get into HoF with my alts
    How the fuck?

I've got 3 90s, all can get into LFR, only one hasn't got 370 ilvl,

The two that can, I spent 3 nights on each spread across a few weeks gearing them both in Heroics,
    Then I go into LFR and after 3 LFR on each of them I got the gear I needed to get into the rest,
    I bought 1 epic item for one of them, and that only cost me 3k,

None of them are even honored with any Panderia factions,

I could easily level a new alt up, and get it into LFR 470 in a week, infact after my exams are done, Im going to do my hunter and get it in there in a week, just to prove it

20k per alt, your exaggerating ott

On topic, no it shouldn't, op tbf you might be able to pull a decent dps on a new alt because you know what your doing, thus a lower ilvl requirement makes sense to you, however, not everyone can do that, most people can't even do it on their mains, raids would turn into a nightmare wiping half way through from lack of heals, to weak tanks or hitting enrage timers from low dps, nope, tis a bad idea

No no no, a million times NO. Stop this nonsense here.

I leveled a second warlock on a completely different server, no help from my main at all. Within 3 days of getting her to 90 I had already cleared ToES LFR. The only gold I spent was about 2500g to get a 476 inscrip offhand off the AH. Past that I ran heroics, scenarios, and did a minimal amount of dailies (enough to push klaxxi to exalted, get 16 plots on my farm, and get to honored with D.O.) All rep commendations are account-wide (so you will have shado-pan and klaxxi honored before you even hit level cap), and that includes D.O. and O:S (I got O:S commendation on my main and got double rep on my 2nd lock for D.O.). Even if the timer for heroics is long that just means more time to queue for scenarios, and that little cache you get at the end of it has a high chance to contain a 463 blue and also has a chance for a 476 epic.

Long story short, people need to stop trying to convince us that it is too hard to gear up alts.

Said alt that full cleared all LFR within 3 days: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Peridotic/feed (feed shows my first kills, achievement page shows me getting double agent 3 days prior).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Lowering the Ilvl would be ridiculous, hitting 460 ilvl can be achieved in short order, BoA items, Valor, justice and Heroic dungeon gear really only takes a short while to get, within a couple days or max a week you can be ready for LFR. Not really that much work to get into a raid.

Deleted
    i rather see something implented that learns LFR user's how to pay attention properly and if they have that finished then they and all there alts are allowed inside LFR.
    too many die on such simple too avoid mechanics and such a feature would reduce that number.

Instead of Alts, I'd rather it be account bound ilvl, but ya that will never happen. I play 5 90s depending on how i feel. no main no alts just one big party of dpsers.

LFR is serious business guys.
    do what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    my alt was #1 on damage with 462 ilvl in MsV lfr -.- but still a bad idea, ilvl clearly isn't an indicator of anything.
    Did you miss the thread the other day, where it seemed 75%+ of the folks were bragging about going AFK in LFR? I cheese my way to 470, some cases I'm really 467ish, See that I'm #1-3 on DPS, give myself a ^5 for being awesome. Then I look at the meters and I see warriors\pallys\DKs that have 80% of damage done has melee. At which point, I realize I just carried a bunch of people to free gear\valor.

Except for maybe tanks and healers, the 460 and 470 are too high. If half the raid can AFK and still kill the bosses, then clearly the item levels should be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    too many die on such simple too avoid mechanics and such a feature would reduce that number.
    Same as above, odds are pretty good, they are dying on purpose

Deleted
    Well it's kinda ridiculous that I have to spend 20k in order to get into HoF with my alts, it's kinda a big deal getting the wisdom legendary q items so getting in asap after hitting 90 is prefered.
    Why the hell do you "need" the legendary on your alt?

Entirely self imposed conditions that you can't blame blizzard for - I doubt they design around everyone's alts have the legendary.

Gear requirement is fine - grind a rep faction, do dungeons and be patient - few items from MV lfr was enough to get my DK in to Terrace, even easier now the JP item upgrade system is in.

There's enough crap players in LFR as is, the last thing you want is for them to be undergeared too - already get into situations where we have to 10man garalon.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-01-07 at 06:34 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how everything is; yet, some will and some wont. I got done leveling one of my alternative characters and gearing her up. Did it take along time to prepare her for 460 or 470 requirements? Not more than a couple days worth of game time and she can happily run all of LFR. There's no reason to have her do the legendary questline either, since my main character is doing it. I find this game progression fun and rewarding, knowing blues aren't wasted and epics will stay epic.
    Last edited by Ceece; 2013-01-07 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's kinda ridiculous that I have to spend 20k in order to get into HoF with my alts
    Then you are retarded.

Once you are deck out in 463, you can use JP to upgrade those gear.

Sha of Anger first kill gets you a pair of 476 boots guaranteed.

Those alone, WILL get you to 471/2 ilvl, WITHOUT counting in any drops you can potentially get in MV with ilvl 460.

You don't even need to do dailies, I quest in Dread Waste from 84 onwards, do the Klaxxi main quest line, and hit Honour just from the quests, before I even got all the Paragons out, and got the neck from them from VP to help out a little.

I have 3 Elemental Shaman at 90, the 2 alts got into HoF in the second week of ding 90, just play smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Why the hell do you "need" the legendary on your alt?
    Because it's his 15 dollars and he should get whatever he wants!

If you're at least revered then the commendations for your second character makes it much easier to get gear for LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 6 alts all geared enough for HoF LFR - I rarely have over 10k gold and most of which is spent on flasks/food/potions for my main raids.
    Put in effort, the amount of entitlement these days is horrifying.
    I don't say this often, but I looked at your armory aaaaand... it's obvious that WoW is 99% of your life (the other 1% probably being Diablo 3).

Most people have things in the real world like jobs, school, friends, etc. so they can't put 100 hours per week into a game.

No they don't. LFR is severely undertuned for a reason, and performance raid-wide is already quite atrocious as it is despite the ridiculously low expectations from players, and that is with people in nearly full LFR pieces that still can't do more than 25k dps. I'm not trying to be elitist, but most LFR goers have proven they don't have a clue what's going on. Anyways, it doesn't take much to get to ilvl 470 at all, there are plenty of ways to obtain items to get a boost.

I'd be all for some sort of ilvl bonus if you have a normal or better achievement.

I'm not at all worried about getting my characters into LFR runs, but I contribute much more than the majority of the runs where people, with the right ilvl, usually cause things to be more difficult.

But, w/e, LFR isn't about doing well or helping out, it's about closing your eyes and waiting for RNG to favor you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 6 alts all geared enough for HoF LFR - I rarely have over 10k gold and most of which is spent on flasks/food/potions for my main raids.
    Put in effort, the amount of entitlement these days is horrifying.
    I agree with this post. I hit 90 on my druid on a Friday, did MSV LFR's on Monday, and HoF and Terrace the following week. I played about 8 hours total to get to 460 for MSV, and another 8 hours total to get to 470 to go to HoF and Terrace. I don't think 16 hours is too much to ask, especially when about half of it is to do dailies.

dude its really really easy to get ilvl 460 and then 470, I got three 90s and I did no dailies. Just do some heroics and you are set. Have a little bit sense of progress on your toon please its a damn mmoRPG game...
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"