Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I am so jealous...

...of all the other classes... especially their baseline abilities... If it's not their CC/control, it's their mobility, or their heals, or their defensive utility or their offensive utility... or their defensive CDs... or their glyph choices... the list goes on... -.-

I guess it's not all bad though. We still have Psychic Scream and Power Word: Shield which are awesome abilities, I just hope we don't lose them like we've lost so much else...

Sorry for QQ, just wanted to share my honest opinion (I'm a healer btw).
    Last edited by Yaraza; 2013-01-07 at 03:54 AM.

Discipline priests are sitting quite nicely and shadow is doing well in PvP despite what others are QQing about. Holy is even doing well in 25 mans.

Yeah I was mostly talking about the healing specs in pvp, but like I said it's not all bad. I love psychic scream and power word: shield which are probably our strongest abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaraza View Post
    ...of all the other classes... especially their baseline abilities... If it's not their CC/control, it's their mobility, or their heals, or their defensive utility or their offensive utility... or their defensive CDs... or their glyph choices... the list goes on... -.-

I guess it's not all bad though. We still have Psychic Scream and Power Word: Shield which are awesome abilities, I just hope we don't lose them like we've lost so much else...

Sorry for QQ, just wanted to share my honest opinion (I'm a healer btw).
    How about you go 10 man pve and roflstomp every other healer in all damage, healing and migitation by a couple of miles?
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

So because they are doing well in pve, I can't complain about how they are in pvp? Okay. Unfortunately I prefer pvp over pve. My bad, I guess?

BTW I didn't start this thread out of bitterness, or to start an argument with other classes or anything like that, I was just expressing my dissatisfaction with how healing priests are in comparison to other healers in pvp (not asking for those other classes to be nerfed or anything but I WOULD like some pvp buffs, esp for holy).

Sorry, I gotta laugh at disc priests QQ atm. Not only they are the most OP healer in PvE, they are way more viable than holy in PvP, and yet they still cry about their current abilities.

My main is a holy priest.

your pvp spec is discipline, accept that.

Have you seen lots of mages QQing about arcane or fire not beeing viable in pvp?

Such a cop-out excuse... no... I will not accept that because I've also tried disc and that spec has lost a lot of the same things that holy had (and more even... like divine hymn)... no more mana burn,. no more baseline mind control, no more holy nova, disc priest have 2 CCs they can use in pvp (less than holy) - psychic scream and either void tendrils, psyfiend (which shares dr with psychic scream) or dominate mind (mind control which used to be baseline wtf??)... unless you count shackle undead but umm yah that is very situational.

Also, I believe blizzard is trying to get holy pvp viable, and they've made some progress (chastise for instance) but it's not quite there yet... so I don't buy the whole excuse that disc is SUPPOSED to be our only pvp healing spec...

Umm and actually yes ripponesan I have seen a lot of arcane mages and fire mages complain about that... lol.
    Last edited by Yaraza; 2013-01-07 at 09:31 AM.

Yes, Disc had a lot of their baseline abilities removed with MoP, and now for example Focused Will has been reintroduced because we were too weak.

What defines the Disc spec (and Priest class in general) aren't just the obvious awesome abilities like PWS, Penance, PI, Psychic Scream and SWD (in the past also Mana Burn, so sad it is gone ), but also what they are lacking. Discs were always the least mobile healer, did always go OOM before the other healers if they didn't make a special effort to gain/preserve their mana, were always weak against melee and probably suffered the most under spam purging (and in the past, we suffered more under poisons). We also are the only class that doesn't have an interrupt. I like that playstyle, it makes us unique, and I hope these properties don't go away in the future, though there are already changes that go against that (making Rapture more powerful in PvP, Phantasm removing slows, etc.) and I hope Blizzard doesn't take it too far.

I'd rather they improve our strengths (e.g. simply increasing our numbers) than remove our weaknesses by giving us new abilities.

Talking strictly about PvP here, mostly Disc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you jealous, priests get to become tanks:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkGgghVprJI

(Not really)

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand, really I do.

I enjoy PvP but because my mains in this expansion have been a mistweaver monk and then back to my discipline priest (longtime main), neither of which is in the best all around state for PvP right now...I've barely done any this expansion yet.

I've been leveling my resto shaman instead for PvP purposes and it's hard not to be jealous of the pure amount of utility they get compared to my priest. Tons of totem cooldowns, wind shear, ghost wolf form, glyphs that let me freeze someone in place or cast on the move. Not to mention bloodlust and stormlash totem! I hit both of those at a heated Waterworks in Battle for Gilneas the other day and became instant target numero uno yet didn't die, and my team ended up pulling out the cap and win.

I really hope Blizzard will find a way to buff the healing specs that are weak for pvp while still maintaining some sort of pve balance for them. It'd be fun to be able to play my disc priest in pvp again.

Deleted
    When my druid was my main, I was still suffering from cata-shock in the early months of that expac - actually getting serious with WoW and shaking off my wrath habit of spamming regrowth - I was incredibly jealous of priests. I felt like resto had no instant AoE heals that worked quickly (Wild Growth is a HoT) and could be used somewhat regularly (Tranq's 3 minute cd put me off using it)

But anyway, I feel that Priests have enough in raw healing, though when I play my Holy Priest I'm quite envious of my Shaman's Mana Tide Totem. Shadowfiend doesn't feel right, at least to me. Hymn of Hope is channelled, so I can't heal while casting it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    Shadowfiend doesn't feel right, at least to me.
    Mmm yeah that reminds me of when I played my druid and used to root shadowfiends every time a priest put one on me and then run away laughing gleefully spamming moonfire on the priest while they went OOM.

Not that mana tide totems can't be killed, but, it'd be nice if priests had a reliable way to get mana back for pvp...especially holy.

Deleted
    Fire is still very strong in pvp to whoever said that it was not. Much more so than discs at the moment anyways.

Well, one thing that I think is really well done with Priest design is that almost all of their mechanics can be countered (that's already how it is not with many classes) with an appropriate effort (subjective, ofc). Yet if the abilities are used by a good Priest, they are much harder to counter, which means that Priests scale well with skill.

Whats with people making an issue of people complaining, because x other class has it worse for whatever reason so your complaint must be invalid. It makes no sense, its not even related. Disc sucks in pvp now and is worse than every other healer(except maybe holy priests) in every way, fact. If it were that we had a viable pvp healing spec and people were complaining about the other one not also being good fair enough that's a bit unreasonable, when no one else even has two healing specs to expect two that both work in pvp. But to not be able to effectively use either is idiotic and a problem.

People who can't separate their own problems from irrelevant matters or who must always say how they have it worse probably shouldn't post, least of all in class forums not of their own. Its really getting annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    Whats with people making an issue of people complaining, because x other class has it worse for whatever reason so your complaint must be invalid. It makes no sense, its not even related. Disc sucks in pvp now and is worse than every other healer(except maybe holy priests) in every way, fact. If it were that we had a viable pvp healing spec and people were complaining about the other one not also being good fair enough that's a bit unreasonable, when no one else even has two healing specs to expect two that both work in pvp. But to not be able to effectively use either is idiotic and a problem.

People who can't separate their own problems from irrelevant matters or who must always say how they have it worse probably shouldn't post, least of all in class forums not of their own. Its really getting annoying.
    It's because disc PvP isn't nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. In fact, I'm fairly sure most of the people complaining about disc, aren't actually using SS like they should. I say this because I rarely see anyone using it, which is pretty dumb because the theoretical maximum throughput of SS+FH is rather high.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the consensus that Disc the worst healer in PvP right now; it's just not as broken as people are making it sound. It just has a fairly high skill requirement.

I tried to solo Kael'Thas on my priest yesterday after having done it without much trouble on my Rogue. So painful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I tried to solo Kael'Thas on my priest yesterday after having done it without much trouble on my Rogue. So painful!
    Not sure why you think so, I could solo it at 85 without issue.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter