Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Patient Anthonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    268

    Out of dailies to do

    I finally hit exalted with all of the Pandaren factions last night (minus Nat Pagle but eff that dude) and I now find myself in an interesting predicament. I enjoy doing dailies but when there is no carrot at the end of the stick they start to get boring for me. Now that I have nothing left to strive for I'm only want to do them for charms and valor. I've got enough charms that I could take about a month off and still be able to turn in 90 each week but I really like getting the little extra valor from doing several dailies each day. Even only doing 5 dailies a day gives me an additional 175 valor a week and I usually do more then that.

    My question is do any of you have any suggestions on which dailies to do that won't utterly bore me? I know it ultimately comes down to personal preference but are there any hidden "rewards" or anything with any of the factions that I could find or benefit from even after hitting exalted? I still plan on doing my cooking daily every day for the Iron Paw token but any other suggestions would be helpful.

  2. #2
    I am in the opposite position. I have over 1100 charms on my main and all exalted reps on it, but i am still forced to do Dailies on my DK alt that is revered with all for Charms... I dislike dailies from the bottom of my heart so i do the easiest and most rewarding ones: August Celestial and Golden lotus.

    PS. I am infuriated by the fact that in 5.2 i will be forced to do Pet battles for charms. Dungeons should drop 5 charms at the final boss. Dailies suck even more for Healers and Tanks...

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,108
    Go back to old ones? Did you get all of the TB mounts at 200 tokens? What about the stuff from Molten Front?



  4. #4
    im in the same place as you. completed all factions already and im now just doing tiller dailies for cooking token and the ones around it.

    so im waiting for 5.2 too give me more new dailies. go go go blizz! get the PTR testing done already i want ma dailies!

  5. #5
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,026
    I still do Tillers every day both because I'm not exalted with every single Tiller yet despite being exalted with the faction as a whole, and because they're possibly the quickest and easiest bunch of dailies to do. IMO if you're going to be out at your farm each day anyways, you might as well get the dailies done quick.

    If you want a "reward" then I'd say probably keep doing the Golden Lotus ones as well, you never know what you'll get out of that bag at the end of the daily chain. Also, since you're killing mobs in the Vale you have the chance at skyshards so you could work towards getting Alani's mount.
    WoW & WoD General Discussions and Guild Wars 2 Moderator
    ---------------------------

  6. #6
    Legendary! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    6,750
    Finished as well. Even have bag pattern for mage alt. Happy about it.

    Need a break. 5.2 will give me new quests soon enough.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  7. #7
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,374
    Same, just finished DO a few days ago. Now I just do my tillers every now and then for the ironpaw tokens for the food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Bleh.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I still do Tillers every day both because I'm not exalted with every single Tiller yet despite being exalted with the faction as a whole, and because they're possibly the quickest and easiest bunch of dailies to do. IMO if you're going to be out at your farm each day anyways, you might as well get the dailies done quick.

    If you want a "reward" then I'd say probably keep doing the Golden Lotus ones as well, you never know what you'll get out of that bag at the end of the daily chain. Also, since you're killing mobs in the Vale you have the chance at skyshards so you could work towards getting Alani's mount.
    Quickest way to rep exalted with all tillers is to fly around the Fields looking for Dark Soil Mounds - I collect about 30 a day when nothing to do.
    Some items turn in for 900 rep for certain of the NPCS and rest 525

    got all exalted in 3 days.

  9. #9
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,415
    Was so glad when I maxed out all reputations last week myself (including best friend with Nat Pagle)... Now I can choose freely which ones I want to do for the extra valor each week.... Didn't mind them that much really except the Shado-Pan dailies at S'ranVess and the AC ones at Niu Zao temple...

    Now I usually run Shieldwall, GL and Tillers. And sometimes AC when it's Cradle of ChiJi or Temple of White Tiger (crossing fingers for Bully quest and not the torch one).

  10. #10
    Why do we have to tell you how to keep enjoying playing the game?! If you can't figure out how to do that on your own, find a different game until the next patch or go outside and get some exercise so you will live longer to enjoy many more wow xpacs/patches in the future.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome khatsoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    606
    I only do the ones realted to Pandaria Quest Acievements (like only 4 missing, stupid randomness of achievements) and the one for the Ironpaw token (plus the farm).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    .

    PS. I am infuriated by the fact that in 5.2 i will be forced to do Pet battles for charms. Dungeons should drop 5 charms at the final boss. Dailies suck even more for Healers and Tanks...
    I missed that memo. How are you being FORCED to do pet battles for Charms ?

    To the OP, Gratz. I hit Exalted and quit doing dailies. I stopped doing Tillers and this week failed to get valor capped. Guess I'm not hardcore anymore. If I don't feel like doing something I don't and there is zero chance I'll lose my raid spot because of it.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-01-08 at 03:24 PM.

  13. #13
    High Overlord Bopcommander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Desert, USA
    Posts
    122
    To the OP, I'm not sure if you are an achievement junky like myself but you could keep doing the dailies that have achievement with them. I know the Shado'Pan achievement will take some time. (The one where you have to use each of the helpers for 15 dailies.) I don't exactly remember the name of it.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I missed that memo. How are you being FORCED to do pet battles for Charms ?
    Because he refuses to do dailies, but still wants charms. Giving him an option other than "get no charms" means he's forced to do them.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I missed that memo. How are you being FORCED to do pet battles for Charms ?

    To the OP, Gratz. I hit Exalted and quit doing dailies. I stopped doing Tillers and this week failed to get valor capped. Guess I'm not hardcore anymore. If I don't feel like doing something I don't and there is zero chance I'll lose my raidspot
    They feel its forced because once you give someone the option to do content for a reward then they or their guild feel its a requirement. My raiding guild told me to start training pets for the coins that you can get in 5.2 and I told them to get F'd because I do the content that I want when I want. If they don't like it they can boot me and I will go find a guild more suited to my playstyle. My dps is highest in the guild and I am the one who researches the strats and teaches everyone else.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 03:34 PM ----------

    As far as what dailies to do now just keep smacking around Golden Lotus until you get enough sky shards to bring down that big dragon mount. Its what, 12-14 quests all lined up in the same spot and they are not as headache inducing as some other dailies can be, like riding a Kuchong big battle bug around, or trying to pick off big mantid that are surrounded by lots of regular mantids like in Tao long steppes. Besides the Golden Lotus dailies occaisionally drop keys which lead to more coins.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-01-08 at 03:35 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    My raiding guild told me to start training pets for the coins that you can get in 5.2 and I told them to get F'd because I do the content that I want when I want. If they don't like it they can boot me and I will go find a guild more suited to my playstyle. My dps is highest in the guild and I am the one who researches the strats and teaches everyone else.
    We need more people like you. If people spent less time doing dailies and more time working on strats, they would progress faster. It's ironic how so many guilds actually slow progression by doing dailies....lol.

    I also don't do dailies, and I'm the main strategist for my guild.

  17. #17
    Mechagnome Sarthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    608
    I do the tiller daily that gets you a iron paw token.

  18. #18
    The Patient Anthonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Go back to old ones? Did you get all of the TB mounts at 200 tokens? What about the stuff from Molten Front?
    Yeah, I got all those mounts and did all the MF stuff. I'm somewhat of a mount and daily junkie so I didn't leave much behind from Cata.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bopcommander View Post
    To the OP, I'm not sure if you are an achievement junky like myself but you could keep doing the dailies that have achievement with them. I know the Shado'Pan achievement will take some time. (The one where you have to use each of the helpers for 15 dailies.) I don't exactly remember the name of it.
    Yeah, I hadn't thought of achievements. That's probably where I'll head next.

  19. #19
    Since I hit exalted with everything I've stopped doing dailies.

    And I don't have anything left to get from LFR.

    So I haven't got any valor point for three weeks now...
    I need 6000 valor for the Prince quest but I just don't care.

  20. #20
    Epic! Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,661
    Nonsense, it's impossible to run out of dailies to do when they refresh each day! You have the very first dailies introduced in Burning Crusade, then the Wrath of the Lich King dailies, the dailies brought with the Cataclysm, and the dailies introduced in Mists of Pandaria. Quite frankly, that is a lot of dailies to do every single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I'm a prostitute. Men like to tell me secrets. And women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Also....my condolences to whoever is Lora's lover. You got matched up with a madman, regardless of his alignment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •