Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Stratholme to be Cleansed

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Lord_Aurius_Rivendare

Look at the quest dialogue. Stratholme is to be cleansed and could we see a new paladin/priest city come out of that? What do you think will happen? When do you think it will happen?

Would be neat.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You think Tirion will move in?

For the future, Tirion.

Source: Googling "Fordring"
    Last edited by Boogums; 2013-01-07 at 05:18 AM.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lvl 51 quest ...

I personally have cleansed it many times farming Argent Dawn rep, the Book of the Dead (one of the coolest item in vanilla; always wanted one for nostalgia sake) and trying my luck for Rivendare's mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post

Look at the quest dialogue. Stratholme is to be cleansed and could we see a new paladin/priest city come out of that? What do you think will happen? When do you think it will happen?
    Seeing as it's been this way since Cataclysm released, I wouldn't bank on it any time soon. It would require completely new art assets, especially if they were to put it in in the "actual" game world. Blizzard hasn't even been coerced into fixing SW/Org.

Likely just a positive note to end the dungeon on. I don't think anything will come of it, and if anything does, it wont happen for quite a while.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seeing as it's been this way since Cataclysm released, I wouldn't bank on it any time soon. It would require completely new art assets, especially if they were to put it in in the "actual" game world. Blizzard hasn't even been coerced into fixing SW/Org.
    It would require different* art assets. Not new ones. There is already an unscourged Stratholme in the game files.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Likely just a positive note to end the dungeon on. I don't think anything will come of it, and if anything does, it wont happen for quite a while.
    I think there is also some terrain issue with the Ghostlands - they overlap I heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Crusade has been building a neutral nation in the Plaguelands, most notably areas not being fought over by the Alliance and the Forsaken (Hearthglen, the entire Eastern Plaguelands now that the Scourge presence has been eradicated), my guess is Stratholme will be the political capital with Hearthglen as the military center and Light's Hope as its religious/spiritual center. As far as leadership, I have zero doubt that Tirion will be this new nation's first political leader, with my personal belief being that Korfax will oversee the military end and Confessor Paletress and Eligor Dawnbringer will head up the spiritual side of things (and I really wanna see Paletress make a return, so I'm admitting to blatant bias here).

As to whether or not we'll see this reflected ingame is an entirely different animal. The devs are understandably recalcitrant to update the 1-60 experience yet again, but might be willing to phase the content like they did for Theramore between 5.0 and 5.1 (where it was destroyed for those who did the scenario at either 85 during the pre-expansion event or 90 as a normal scenario) so players who complete a quest line at a higher level (or even simply get the achievements for EPL questing and Stratholme cleared) will be treated to the rejuvenated EPL with the new leadership in place.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    It would require different* art assets. Not new ones. There is already an unscourged Stratholme in the game files.
    The only areas that would need new art assets are the Slaughterhouse, and the burning gauntlet in Old Stratholme, since those aren't undamaged even in the CoT Stratholme.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're referring to stratholme from the culling of stratholme, a chunk of it is already burned down, and it's completely missing half of the city. All of that stuff would have to be fabricated... Regardless of that, I think it would look mighty strange for a burned-to-cinders city to instantly come back looking like sunshine and rainbows.

And of course, ALL versions of stratholme exist as little more than cardboard cut outs like old SW, or current silvermoon.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

If you're referring to stratholme from the culling of stratholme, a chunk of it is already burned down, and it's completely missing half of the city. All of that stuff would have to be fabricated... Regardless of that, I think it would look mighty strange for a burned-to-cinders city to instantly come back looking like sunshine and rainbows.

And of course, ALL versions of stratholme exist as little more than cardboard cut outs like old SW, or current silvermoon.
    Changing the lighting on certain parts of the city and removing fire particles from pieces of buildings wouldn't take long for one artist, however you're right in that they would need to build the second part of the city. Thankfully, they can most likely use parts of current Stratholme and change its lighting.

While it would definitely take some work, I don't think rebuilding the city would be as huge an undertaking as making a city from scratch.

Deleted
    Hmm. It could become a city that's been partially cleansed, but still much of it being controlled by the undead, much like Andorhal (before the phasing) to still keep it interesting and have close ties to the good old Arthas/Scourge storylines of WC3 and classic WoW. Or rather add a new "cleansed" block or quarter to the city, still keeping the classic Stratholme there.

Would also love to see Stromgarde regained by the Alliance, even partially. Problem is that apart from the Stromgarde area, the entire zone is pretty god damn boring: mostly just plains with spiders and raptors. But that could be compensated by adding more interesting structures around the boring zone.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2013-01-07 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Hmm. It could become a city that's been partially cleansed, but still much of it being controlled by the undead, much like Andorhal (before the phasing) to still keep it interesting and have close ties to the good old Arthas/Scourge storylines of WC3 and classic WoW. Or rather add a new "cleansed" block or quarter to the city, still keeping the classic Stratholme there.

Would also love to see Stromgarde regained by the Alliance, even partially. Problem is that apart from the Stromgarde area, the entire zone is pretty god damn boring: mostly just plains with spiders and raptors. But that could be compensated by adding more interesting structures around the boring zone.
    Arathi Highlands is definitely a zone that needs some love. If you look at the achievements for Arathi Basin Quests, it only requires 18, it's evident that Arathi Basin got "left on the cutting room floor" as it were for Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing the lighting on certain parts of the city and removing fire particles from pieces of buildings wouldn't take long for one artist, however you're right in that they would need to build the second part of the city. Thankfully, they can most likely use parts of current Stratholme and change its lighting.

While it would definitely take some work, I don't think rebuilding the city would be as huge an undertaking as making a city from scratch.
    Well, most of the "destroyed" part of stratholme is pretty by and far destroyed... They might get away with retexturing the buildings (even then they'd look quite crushed,) but I don't think changing the lighting would suffice.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Can't see it happening any time soon in WoW, but possibly a few expansions down the line or in whatever WC game Blizzard decides to make next. It'd make for an interesting capital for a Lordaeron MKII, and the presence of a nation there could have interesting interactions with Silvermoon and Undercity.

Wouldn't imagine it happening before TBC starter zone revamps/reattachments to the rest of the world, especially with Silvermoon and Deatholme to the north. You'd only be able to fly over half the city before hitting invisible wall.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Can't see it happening any time soon in WoW, but possibly a few expansions down the line or in whatever WC game Blizzard decides to make next. It'd make for an interesting capital for a Lordaeron MKII, and the presence of a nation there could have interesting interactions with Silvermoon and Undercity.

Wouldn't imagine it happening before TBC starter zone revamps/reattachments to the rest of the world, especially with Silvermoon and Deatholme to the north. You'd only be able to fly over half the city before hitting invisible wall.
    You can extend the land you know right?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can extend the land you know right?
    All of that, of course, takes work. Then Blizzard has to dance around exactly what IS "between" the Eastern plaguelands and Ghostlands in that little unmarked niche, then completely remake Silvermoon (A heap of work,) redo the area around Zul'Aman, and finally stitch the continents together. And that already piled on redoing all of Stratholme/

There's a good reason blizzard is so flighty around changing things in northern Eastern kingdoms...
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Well, the Crusade has been building a neutral nation in the Plaguelands, most notably areas not being fought over by the Alliance and the Forsaken (Hearthglen, the entire Eastern Plaguelands now that the Scourge presence has been eradicated), my guess is Stratholme will be the political capital with Hearthglen as the military center and Light's Hope as its religious/spiritual center. As far as leadership, I have zero doubt that Tirion will be this new nation's first political leader, with my personal belief being that Korfax will oversee the military end and Confessor Paletress and Eligor Dawnbringer will head up the spiritual side of things (and I really wanna see Paletress make a return, so I'm admitting to blatant bias here).

As to whether or not we'll see this reflected ingame is an entirely different animal. The devs are understandably recalcitrant to update the 1-60 experience yet again, but might be willing to phase the content like they did for Theramore between 5.0 and 5.1 (where it was destroyed for those who did the scenario at either 85 during the pre-expansion event or 90 as a normal scenario) so players who complete a quest line at a higher level (or even simply get the achievements for EPL questing and Stratholme cleared) will be treated to the rejuvenated EPL with the new leadership in place
    I can not see the Forsaken give it up with out a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    They should.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-07 at 06:45 AM.

No because such a city would serve no purpose in the game, and if all the changes you make while questing through the old world took effect in the game then it would be a radically different world. With no hostile mobs, every city retaken...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

You DO realize thats more than 2 years old, right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.