Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMosquito View Post
    Just FYI, "For the Alliance" originated in Warcraft II (ironically, it was shouted by the High Elves, many of whom are now Blood Elves of the Horde).
    "For the Horde" only came in Warcraft III. So, "For the Alliance" is the original battlecry, and "For the Horde" is the ripoff.
    For the Horde sounds and is better, therefore, horde wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Happens the other way around, too. Try calling for bloodlust in an alliance LFR raid... much fun and some bashing is guaranteed.
    Stick to Time-Warp if faction-bias is available.

I still call it heroism, even after having switched to horde 4 years ago. People I encounter generally don't seem to care, save for the occasional "lol".

Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Whenever I go on One of my horde alts and tell them I am alliance, I get inevitably bashed. When I am on my Alliance characters, most people don't care if they are playing with someone who's main is horde. Why is this?
    That varies widely from person to person. It has nothing to do with the faction and I can't imagine you don't already know this.

That being said, GOOD, I wish the Horde vs Alliance rivalry felt stronger. Back when I was a little nooblet it felt like factions meant more and I loved it. It's too bad I moved to a care bear server recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

It would be so much better if the factions only counted in cities but if you were in the world anything is game, ie. U could attack and kill horde and alliance. It so boring not being able to attack people in ur own faction.

Deleted
    And here I am feeling the the factions have come closer together over the years... When me and my friends meet new people gaming/IRL who is of the opposing faction with their Mains we inevitably ends up speaking of recruiting one another.

inb4 onemansopinion.
    Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Pff, everyone knows "For Gnomeregan!" > all!

Because Alliance need to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played and raided properly on both sides, I play Horde atm because of the people I am playing with, but in the end I don't really care.

I have known some Horde players who despise the alliance and can't ever imagine why anyone would play them and won't even talk normally to anyone who likes alliance.

To answer your question, people are just weird.

Gnomes however, suck. But so do Goblins.

well, its anecdotal so /thread

If it really was true, just assuming, it could be faction based. After all horde are the bad guys, compared to alliance.
    People willingly playing the bad guys are somewhat special and so it wouldnt surprise me if your statement actually was true.

I would guess in most cases, this would be true on a PvP realm which is why they used to require you to play only one faction on that realm. It was YEARS before you could roll both factions on a PvP world. In these cases you were Horde or you were Alliance. No one was both, cause no one liked a double agent Some players still subscribe to a heavy division. There are no real numbers about who only plays a specific faction anymore as most of the community has at least tried 1 character from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    The biggest problem is that when WoW started most of the idiots and kids played Alliance because they all looked "cool" and were the "good guys" whereas the older/mature players went horde to be away from the muppets.
    Fucktarded bullshit. Since when mature player would prefer emo angry animal races over straight protagonists? Only if you're stuck in your teen rebelious age forever.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    Post Cata
    Horde has WAY more Alliance in it's face. Durotar is being invaded, Ashenvale is being invaded,
    Aren't you forgetting something? Hint: Ashenvale is not Horde land. Actually, none of your territories are yours. Horde is invader in every last of their zone except Taurens and BEs.

Yeah, what a SURPRISE!, there's lots of Alliance in poor Hordies face because you're in Alliance lands in first place!
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2013-01-07 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its just more so in the fun of things.

on a slightly related topic i just broke the balance of my server's carebear society:

saw a horde try and kill mr nanners. tauren warrior, got obliterated by going bananas. i signed on horde told him id help im the alliance druid next to him. i had him tag it, then everytime hed go bananas the tauren would run out and id root nanners. the guy got his kill got the whistle and was utterly flabbergasted at what i did lol.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Try being in a position of leadership or guidance, no matter how small, on the Horde side after having been Alliance for years after years.

"Okay, and at roughly 30%, hit hero."
    "... what."
    ".. LUST. Hit Bloodlust!"
    "... THAT PRIEST IS A SPY."
    Hehehe. I've played for almost seven years, been Horde a bit over a year, and I still call it Heroism. Time Warp would be a good cover up if our mage ever showed up to raid. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, on my server the alliance sit on top of the Horde Shrine in valley and nuke us as we come out. They have done this since launch.

I'm sorry people hurt your feelings with mean comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Because prepubescent boys are insecure and want to feel badass? They're obviously on both sides, but one can't deny that the Horde attracts more of the kids needing to feel badass and cool.

I play both factions and I've never had any hostile comments from Alliance players, whilst on Horde side it's a constant display of badassery from people about the Alliance and people playing that faction. My main is Alliance and I got kicked out of a guild on my alt for just casually answering a question about my other toons.

I so rarely encounter well behaved horde players that when I do, I'm completely baffled...like yesterday when a level 51 mage began nuking my level 41 pandaren, but then stopped as I didn't fight back, did a /hello and left...I stood in disbelief.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2013-01-07 at 03:00 PM.

At a guess, probably because Alliance are predominantly played by pre-pubescent teens whilst the Horde are played by post-pubescent men (boys) who have not and are not getting laid, resulting in angst toward the Alliance.

Edit: Why do you care? Why even tell anyone you play the opposite faction? Regardless of if they care or not? Do you log on and jump in trade to exclaim you have just logged of your other factions toon? If so why? Stop?!? End of drama?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Hehehe. I've played for almost seven years, been Horde a bit over a year, and I still call it Heroism. Time Warp would be a good cover up if our mage ever showed up to raid. :P
    Ha. I feel weird with my Shaman. I look for the Bloodlust button every time I want to use..... BL. I can't even call it..... heroism (that was hard to get out), because it just doesn't suit the nature of the spell. You aren't heroic for hitting something faster, you're going ape shit on something you want to kill that wants to kill you in turn. If that's not Blood Lust, I don't know what is. Time warp is just..... no. Blood Lust! RAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWR!

And back OT.

Both factions do it. No doubts there. I've had it happen to me, when admitting I was Horde on my Alliance toon, and I've seen it happen on my server while I'm Horde. On a PvP server it's understandable, you might get some comments since you're one of the red health bar team who at some point or another they've had to avoid or attempt to bring to zero, but a lot of the ribbing is merely sarcastic and meant in jest. Getting help from trade chat, even if they don't know you main as the opposite faction, is like trying to wring water from granite.
    Last edited by Dyra; 2013-01-07 at 03:17 PM.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I've played and raided properly on both sides, I play Horde atm because of the people I am playing with, but in the end I don't really care.

I have known some Horde players who despise the alliance and can't ever imagine why anyone would play them and won't even talk normally to anyone who likes alliance.

To answer your question, people are just weird.
    Same here, I play both sides, though I'm mostly Alliance because that's who I raid with regularly. I don't see a lot of hostility either way. The only thing I see slightly more, is that the Horde side still believes all the Alliance players are 12 year olds. If you saw each side's trade chat though, the irony of it would be fairly funny.

You aren't heroic for hitting something faster, you're going ape shit on something you want to kill that wants to kill you in turn
    Now I see it the other way, You fighting. You might be down trodden, weary, tired. Suddenly you hear a majestic battle cry and you're strength is renewed, your will to fight harder is fortified. I will agree the sound for Bloodlust does go well with the "going ape shit crazy!" mindset
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-01-07 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Do you remember "Horde" is mob of unruly primitives? So for me it sounds much like "For the Rednecks!", i.e. completely retarded. But as real life shows, people often prefer brutality over intelligence, because it is easier.

I play both sides, I have friends I consider good players on both sides, we all agree a lot of people on our server couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were on the heel. We stick together; the average random player's commentary means nothing. Players on the forums are different, but you're not interacting with them in game.