Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

If you could go back in time and kill one person who would it be?

If you could go back in time and kill one person who would it be, when, where and why?

But you can only go back as far as when you were alive. You can't go back before that point.

I personally would have to go George Bush Jr.
    I would do it when he was nominated and in full campaign swing with all the republican party support and money behind him but before any votes could be cast so when the election hit, they would not have enough time to find a replacement for him.

I would do it to stop the nation from going through the all the events of his presidency and all the damage he caused and which continues to cause damage to this day. Would have saved hundreds of trillions of dollars and millions of lost lives and a great deal of America's reputation with the rest of the world and a good deal of our futures, hopefully.....

Who would you kill if you could go in the past and do it?

Off-topic, wonder if this post gets me on a government watch list......

Disclaimer, I am not advocating you kill anyone either before or after the point. This is all hypothetical and in fun, so please don't start a flame war or anything over this.

The guy who was about to kill the guy who was about to kill Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    But you can only go back as far as when you were alive. You can't go back before that point.
    Boo, you're no fun. That kind of puts a big limit on things

Maybe Saddam Hussein. Struggling to think of a good timing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    The guy who was about to kill the guy who was about to kill Hitler.
    Was about to ask if you were alive during that time but then remembered the other thread where the guy said he would go back in time and save him. So still technically correct since they are still alive now, lol.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 04:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Boo, you're no fun. That kind of puts a big limit on things

Maybe Saddam Hussein. Struggling to think of a good timing though.
    Had to or would end up getting a lot of old guys who most people haven't even heard of or the same generic Hitler, Nero, Jesus answers and this makes a little more varied.
    This way we get more thought put into it and timing =)

Deleted
    Osama Bin Ladin.
    No need for an explanation.

If your intention was to prevent the wars in afganistan and iraq, killing osama bin laden before he could plan the 9/11 attacks might be more succesful. I think president Gore would have had no choice but to invade Afghanistan as well. And I don't think there would have been political support for the invasion of Iraq without the 9/11 attacks either
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Reagan would be my choice, but I couldn't get to him before he became president, so... nobody I guess?

richard nixon.

his increased war on drugs hmo medical bills and all the other crap he did has trickled down and created horrible organizations and many destructive roots of our government can be traced back to him
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

I'd go back in time, to like, the early 90s, kill a random hobo, then invest a shit load of money in Google before I came back.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Osama Bin laden, for the award money. So at some point between 2002 and 2010.

No one, because you have no idea what the consequences would be and how it would alter the future

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Osama Bin laden, for the award money. So at some point between 2002 and 2010.
    The day before the military got him, sure, don't see how this would hurt

10+ Year Old Account
    Napoleon. Would just be mindboggling to think about how the world would have looked without the same type of industrialization and nationalism that arose in Europe and the rest of the world. Might have been the guy that in the long run built up the nationalist thinking leading up to WWI ad thus WWII. Hitler is just a sidekick

Quote Originally Posted by Eläin View Post
    Napoleon. Would just be mindboggling to think about how the world would have looked without the same type of industrialization and nationalism that arose in Europe and the rest of the world. Might have been the guy that in the long run accounted for WWI ad thus WWII. Hitler is just a sidekick
    You were alive when Napoleon was rampaging through Europe?

Or did you just fail to read the OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No one, because you have no idea what the consequences would be and how it would alter the future

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:53 AM ----------

The day before the military got him, sure, don't see how this would hurt
    Yep, and I would have 25 million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    If your intention was to prevent the wars in afganistan and iraq, killing osama bin laden before he could plan the 9/11 attacks might be more succesful. I think president Gore would have had no choice but to invade Afghanistan as well. And I don't think there would have been political support for the invasion of Iraq without the 9/11 attacks either
    True, it might not have stopped the attacks but it would have stopped him from putting all the sway into it and Bush Jr was already drawing attack plans before it ever happened. He had already planned on going in to get revenge on the guy who tried to kill his dad and make his family and friends lots of money, he was just looking for a spark to use as an excuse.

Plus, keeping him from power would have, hopefully, prevented so much stuff that has happened since then. The 9/11 thing was terrible, but when you look at all the stuff that has happened since under his watch and with his programs it was nothing in comparison.

Also, I am one of the people who don't believe the official story of what happened to the towers on 9/11. I don't know what actually happened but I know the official story is a lie that violates the laws of physics and their refusal to allow a proper investigation all the way to the point of selling the debris to an overseas recycling company for a great deal less than the going rate a local company would have paid them before they could even be looked at makes it look VERY suspicious.

Edit: Off to bed for me. Will check on this tomorrow. 5:00 am here. Damn I hate working overnight, even when I am off I have trouble sleeping.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2013-01-07 at 09:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You were alive when Napoleon was rampaging through Europe?

Or did you just fail to read the OP?
    Ofc I was alive, im the custodian of time and matter.
    On a serious note, I failed.

Just because you killed a person in one instance of time and reality, it doesn't mean you eradicated them from all the parallel and alternative ones. Would probably cause major chaos and make it worse!

Deleted
    Generally reading somone wanting to kill a political figure in a democratic country makes me cringe a bit..

OT: Hmm.. I don't think I'd kill anyone. I mean, sure the world might've been a better place without some people around at some points, but I try to remain positive. We learn from our own and others mistakes. Or atleast we ought to. Would removing some past mistakes mess that up and potentially cause even bigger mistakes to occour? We'll never know, but it's not a risk I'd be willing to take.

If I HAD to chose someone forcefully.. Uh.. good question. How about that Norwegian fella who killed all those kids on that Island? I mean, there's not much we learnt from that except the world is a dangerous place. But I'd argue we knew that already. And the death of so many innocent children served no purpose. Although, it DID bring Norway closer together politically against a common threat which will benefit Norway and other Scandinavian and European countries in the long run, I suppose.

It's hard to pick a person to kill from the past without considering the consequences. Can't we travel ahead in time instead and prevent a hypothetical situration? =P

- if so, I'd travel ahead and prevent McDonalds from purchasing advertisement in the dictionary. There's simply no McFrickin' way I'll McStand for this McMadness!
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-01-07 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Sir Frederick Hodgson

Ordered the mass murder of the Ashanti's. Just because he wanted to expand the British Empire and desecrate one of the Ashanti's most popular Relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    this. haven't any of you ever seen the butterfly effect? Even changing the person who kills someone can drastically change the course of the future. Things happen for a reason, even bad things.