Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aspect of the Chimera

My suggestion how to solve "single target curse" for hunters. Chimera is chosen since it has 2 heads, 2 heads - 2 attacks.

Aspect of the Chimera
    All your single-target attacks duplicate on one nearby enemy dealing ?? % of damage.

You cannot achieve best single-target dps with Aspect of the Chimera since it doesn't inherit 15% AP bonus from AotH. So it would be indeed specialized multi-target aspect.

Currently Aspect's mechanic seems very artificial. AofC has no use in PVE at all. The only way I can use it is a bit faster corpse run after wipe. Those hunters have the only real pve aspect which looks like baseline passive ability.

I like the idea but i wish they'd just remove aspects in lue of a new mechanic, remember those ammo talents from early blizcon and stuff?
    maybe reintroduce them with neat mechanics, like say one gives you a chance on hit to fire an explosive arrow, one causes your target to gain charges to be rooted/stunned (kinda like the rogue paralyze) or other things, my ideas suck but you get the idea lol

Interesting idea... but it would really hinder BM unless it also let pet attacks/kc function with it.

Deleted
    Hunters are dealing shitloads of AoE, why is this change needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I like the idea but i wish they'd just remove aspects in lue of a new mechanic, remember those ammo talents from early blizcon and stuff?
    maybe reintroduce them with neat mechanics, like say one gives you a chance on hit to fire an explosive arrow, one causes your target to gain charges to be rooted/stunned (kinda like the rogue paralyze) or other things, my ideas suck but you get the idea lol
    agree with that i really liked the new "special shots" they had in blizzcon to bad it got scrapped
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

This is silly in my opinion. I don't think any classes should have an ability they just turn on/off/use to do cleave damage (eg: blade flurry, sweeping strikes). In my opinion "cleave" damage should not exist and should be left to multi-dotting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    This is silly in my opinion. I don't think any classes should have an ability they just turn on/off/use to do cleave damage (eg: blade flurry, sweeping strikes). In my opinion "cleave" damage should not exist and should be left to multi-dotting.
    In TBC yes, but they worked so hard on making all classes having close to the same utility that it's not realistic to have 2 specs be the only ones able to multi-dot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between traps, Multi-Shot, aoe-based pets (theres a chimera there for you, btw), Lynx Rush, Glaive and Beast Cleave - I Feel that we have enough AoE damage abilities. We don't need Blade Flurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

aoe != cleave

please learn your lore

In my opinion remove aspects.
    I´d rather have a glyph or an ability for mm, something like "burst shot", which would allow arcane shot to deal 30% dmg to a secondary target similar to ice lance glyph. Also remove black arrow cd and unlink it from explosive trap as many have suggested before making survival a better multi dot spec. Then we would have single target (BM), cleave (MM) and AoE/Multi-dot(SV).

Deleted
    Yay! More Aspects! I personally enjoy switching around aspects, I've loved the theme of taking on the behaviour of different animals.

One devoted to AoE would be rather interesting also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihh View Post
    In my opinion remove aspects.
    I´d rather have a glyph or an ability for mm, something like "burst shot", which would allow arcane shot to deal 30% dmg to a secondary target similar to ice lance glyph. Also remove black arrow cd and unlink it from explosive trap as many have suggested before making survival a better multi dot spec. Then we would have single target (BM), cleave (MM) and AoE/Multi-dot(SV).
    They tried changing BA in the past and they didn't like how it played. It's unlikely they would try it again. And we are not a cleave class. If you want strong cleave, roll a rogue or warrior. If no one noticed, we have the strongest sustained AoE spec in the game and our single target is up there. Can't have everything...

Deleted
    Just no. If you want AoE, go survival or use a worm in bm and use it properly, then you got more than enough AoE.

Unlinking explosive trap and black arrow is a good idea though, it makes no sense anymore to have them linked.

At some point I see them removing aspects, not sure how they would reform cheetah and pack though.

Toggle on/off spells that make you passive cleave are stupid, I wouldn't be surprised if that is the next thing they decide to purge from the game. I think hunters are fine with single target/aoe damage they don't need to be a cleave class.

Also I agree with removing the shared cool down between Black Arrow and Explosive Shot as mentioned by the guy above me.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-01-07 at 02:48 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Why again does every class need cleave? Especially when Serpent Sting is pretty strong as is. It's not like Hunters are the only class without cleave anyway.

As for the whole Aspect mechanic; I'll agree it's pretty clunky and far too streamlined at this point and something should definitely be done about it.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Yes hunters are amazing at AOE and they are pretty good at single target as well. But they are HORRIBLE at cleave and multidot fights. Which most fights are now a days anyways.

Most classes either have good or amazing single target. AOE, if played right, most classes can get decent or good aoe. I really don't know any other classes, besides maybe a feral druid, that sucks so horribly at cleaving and multidotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    They tried changing BA in the past and they didn't like how it played. It's unlikely they would try it again. And we are not a cleave class. If you want strong cleave, roll a rogue or warrior. If no one noticed, we have the strongest sustained AoE spec in the game and our single target is up there. Can't have everything...
    Well as long as I remember, they didn´t like the way black arrow turned out because it was supposed to work more or less like glave toss hitting enemies on the way to the target and had a cast time. And for the cleave I just want to see mm viable for something again. 2 specs only doing well on single target will never work, most will play the one that is a bit ahead.
    Last edited by ihh; 2013-01-07 at 03:44 PM.

I mean, they even gave Frost Mages a cleave with the Ice Lance Glyph. They didn't want cleaves in the game, they wouldn't have added that glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see some type of consistent cleave as far as bm. Beast Cleave isnt all what its cracked up to be imo, just feels really weak. Oh shit youre in reckless puerto, tell derra redrun says sup.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really rather they just tone cleaves down across the game. The abilities end up heavily gimmicky, with a progression of:
    - Meh, 1 target
    - HOT DAMN, 2 TARGETS, LET'S BREAK METERS
    - whee 3 targets
    - Meh, back to AoE

It's not that your idea is bad at all in the current context of the game, more that I'd personally prefer they stop adding these mechanics, especially unlimited passive ones.